iPhone 6 linked to Verizon account?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Did he list it saying that not only was it unlocked for GSM but that it could be used on Verizon?

If the listing didn't mention Verizon then you don't really have a case.

cgr1971

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Sellers don't set return policies. eBay does this. A seller can make up all this that he wants to but it comes down to ebay's dispute process that provides a full refund for you. No restock fees.

I can sell something on eBay and say no returns, all sales final but I know better. So I don't say it anymore.

Just like Cardfan said, The seller doesn't make the rules, Ebay does. Just open a claim through Ebay and they will make him refund your money. List the reason why you are returning and if the fact that it was linked to someone else's account wasn't disclosed in the description, the seller has no grounds to dispute your claim and Ebay will take the payment back from his Paypal account. It's really easy.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Just like Cardfan said, The seller doesn't make the rules, Ebay does. Just open a claim through Ebay and they will make him refund your money. List the reason why you are returning and if the fact that it was linked to someone else's account wasn't disclosed in the description, the seller has no grounds to dispute your claim and Ebay will take the payment back from his Paypal account. It's really easy.

Say everything goes as you say which it really should, and the seller does not have the money left in his PayPal account? I’ve only bought used phones from EBay been lucky and a couple of iPhones. I would always ask the seller for the serial or imei number on the iPhones so I cold check them out before buying.

Lowelladam

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
This phone and case could fall in some serious penal codes depending on the state. (Do your research depending on the state he is on. California and Texas have one of the most extensive and effective penal codes, try to check FBI's NCIC to be sure as well) It can fall under a theft penal code as he is selling you a phone (property) that you are not able to fully enjoy. You have a phone that you are not even able to put under your name, he was not supposed to sell it as I am sure that person used the Verizon EDGE program. This is theft even though he is not physically stealing the device from your hands. If he is not able to contact the person he bought it from, then this is stolen and therefore, penal codes can be applied and the seller can get in serious trouble. Its either that person gets that phone off the contract and out of the account or this is a fraudulent transaction, thief and stolen phone.

Oh, and forget about the legal problems he might get involved, you could get in trouble as well by not having a phone under your name. Return that iPhone ASAP.

Last edited:

ChrisJ1

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Say everything goes as you say which it really should, and the seller does not have the money left in his PayPal account? I’ve only bought used phones from EBay been lucky and a couple of iPhones. I would always ask the seller for the serial or imei number on the iPhones so I cold check them out before buying.

Contacted Paypal on this and got told that PayPal will take all responsibility even if the seller doesn't have the money. So they will pay for it in case the seller doesn't have all the funds

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Next time look on Swappa instead. The seller has to prove the phone is clear to be activated to sell on there.

Swappa isn't fool-proof either. Just because the IMEI is good when the phone is listed doesn't mean the seller can't wait until your 30 day PayPal protection is up and then cancel their line or stop paying their bill. There, again, you left with a brick.

jasonprice

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
So what was the final resolution?

Probably just a waiting game at this point. Paypal gives the seller time to respond to the claim. It sounds like the seller is communicating with the buyer, so that may draw the process out a bit. He should eventually get all of his money back though.

ChrisJ1

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Probably just a waiting game at this point. Paypal gives the seller time to respond to the claim. It sounds like the seller is communicating with the buyer, so that may draw the process out a bit. He should eventually get all of his money back though.

Yes! I am waiting for eBay to finally step in after a 7 day wait. Since they said Tuesday was Veterans Day, so it was a holiday and Saturday and Sundays don't count. (What the hell?) and what's funny enough, is that whoever answers the phone on the 1800 of eBay is in South Asia. Not even the US!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73