iPhone 6 linked to Verizon account?

ChrisJ1

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I wonder if it got linked that account when you made a phone call on it using the SIM in it that wasn't your SIM. (I'm also curious why you did that, but that's different question.)

What happens when you take that SIM card out and put yours in?

It works, it lets me make phone calls the phone is unlocked. But the phone is linked to another persons account you know? That person can do anything with it. And as another person said, the phone could be on Verizon EDGE. Which is a huge no-no as Verizon can de activate the phone

brandonx1000

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking fraud. He could've gotten into someone else's account, ordered the phone on a new line. He is now reselling the phone before the account owner catches on. In any case, definitely return it. It can easily become a brick at the flip of a switch, especially when either fraud or non payment hit.

jasonprice

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I just did.. Thank you guys! I have to wait 4 days till ebay and paypal take actions or if we come to an agreement (which I don't think that's ever going to happen!)
I need strong points though.. Against the seller. What else can I say on the emails besides repeating myself about the phone being linked to an account?

That is really your only argument, that the phone is attached to an account and that Verizon won't let you activate it. The fact that you can swap sims is irrelevant as when the monthly bill doesnt get paid, Verizon is going to block that phone on their network. If the seller said in the ebay posting that that phone was ready to be activated, then you shouldn't have a problem getting a refund.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Next time look on Swappa instead. The seller has to prove the phone is clear to be activated to sell on there.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Yeah.. Called apple and got told that you can't do that.. As I don't have a receipt from the Apple Store, good too try though

Are you trying to say that if you had a problem with your iPhone that you couldn't swap it out? You have one year of AppleCare.

ChrisJ1

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Are you trying to say that if you had a problem with your iPhone that you couldn't swap it out? You have one year of AppleCare.

Yes, something like that. But honestly, I don't want to do that anymore. I will just return this one I bought off eBay. But the seller just told me that I'll have to pay a 15% restocking because I opened it. I don't want to pay that! It's about $130 dollars!

jasonprice

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Yes, something like that. But honestly, I don't want to do that anymore. I will just return this one I bought off eBay. But the seller just told me that I'll have to pay a 15% restocking because I opened it. I don't want to pay that! It's about $130 dollars!

I wouldnt accept that at all. The item wasn't as described. Should be a full refund.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site

You shouldn't have to pay it since the phone was as represented. I would file a dispute. eBay work to the buyers advantage not the sellers.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Sellers don't set return policies. eBay does this. A seller can make up all this that he wants to but it comes down to ebay's dispute process that provides a full refund for you. No restock fees.

I can sell something on eBay and say no returns, all sales final but I know better. So I don't say it anymore.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro