Next time look on Swappa instead. The seller has to prove the phone is clear to be activated to sell on there.
    11-11-2014 10:31 PM
    Swapping it at Apple is an option too. But I'd get the refund and be more careful later
    Is that really possible?
    11-11-2014 10:41 PM
    Is that really possible?
    I don't think so. Apple would want to check that the phone was yours.
    11-11-2014 10:48 PM
    Next time look on Swappa instead. The seller has to prove the phone is clear to be activated to sell on there.
    I made a huge mistake. I'll look on swappa the next time.. What about Gazelle? Are their devices good?
    11-11-2014 10:48 PM
    I made a huge mistake. I'll look on swappa the next time.. What about Gazelle? Are their devices good?
    Never dealt with gazelle. I only know about Swappa because I'm selling on there now.
    11-11-2014 10:49 PM
    Never dealt with gazelle. I only know about Swappa because I'm selling on there now.
    What are you selling?
    11-12-2014 12:22 AM
    I don't think so. Apple would want to check that the phone was yours.
    Yeah.. Called apple and got told that you can't do that.. As I don't have a receipt from the Apple Store, good too try though
    11-12-2014 12:24 AM
    What are you selling?
    He's selling an iPhone 6, space gray 16GB. It's Verizon.

http://forums.imore.com/showthread.php?t=307472
    11-12-2014 12:54 AM
    He's selling an iPhone 6, space gray 16GB. It's Verizon.

http://forums.imore.com/showthread.php?t=307472
    Thank you, what she said.
    11-12-2014 07:02 AM
    Yeah.. Called apple and got told that you can't do that.. As I don't have a receipt from the Apple Store, good too try though
    Are you trying to say that if you had a problem with your iPhone that you couldn't swap it out? You have one year of AppleCare.
    11-12-2014 10:05 AM
    Thank you, what she said.
    Dang man! I would SO buy yours only if it was 64GB.. Good luck selling it though!
    E_Brown likes this.
    11-12-2014 11:29 AM
    Are you trying to say that if you had a problem with your iPhone that you couldn't swap it out? You have one year of AppleCare.
    Yes, something like that. But honestly, I don't want to do that anymore. I will just return this one I bought off eBay. But the seller just told me that I'll have to pay a 15% restocking because I opened it. I don't want to pay that! It's about $130 dollars!
    11-12-2014 11:31 AM
    Yes, something like that. But honestly, I don't want to do that anymore. I will just return this one I bought off eBay. But the seller just told me that I'll have to pay a 15% restocking because I opened it. I don't want to pay that! It's about $130 dollars!
    I wouldnt accept that at all. The item wasn't as described. Should be a full refund.
    palandri and calebt like this.
    11-12-2014 11:33 AM
    You shouldn't have to pay it since the phone was as represented. I would file a dispute. eBay work to the buyers advantage not the sellers.
    palandri and DudeThatsErin like this.
    11-12-2014 11:38 AM
    what a mess... reasons like this is why I hate eBay anymore
    DudeThatsErin likes this.
    11-12-2014 12:03 PM
    what a mess... reasons like this is why I hate eBay anymore
    I hear ya. I stopped doing ebay and paypal years ago. Nothing but problems and headache. I just deal locally now.
    11-12-2014 01:15 PM
    Sellers don't set return policies. eBay does this. A seller can make up all this that he wants to but it comes down to ebay's dispute process that provides a full refund for you. No restock fees.

I can sell something on eBay and say no returns, all sales final but I know better. So I don't say it anymore.
    11-12-2014 01:50 PM
    Did he list it saying that not only was it unlocked for GSM but that it could be used on Verizon?

If the listing didn't mention Verizon then you don't really have a case.
    11-12-2014 03:14 PM
    Sellers don't set return policies. eBay does this. A seller can make up all this that he wants to but it comes down to ebay's dispute process that provides a full refund for you. No restock fees.

I can sell something on eBay and say no returns, all sales final but I know better. So I don't say it anymore.
    Just like Cardfan said, The seller doesn't make the rules, Ebay does. Just open a claim through Ebay and they will make him refund your money. List the reason why you are returning and if the fact that it was linked to someone else's account wasn't disclosed in the description, the seller has no grounds to dispute your claim and Ebay will take the payment back from his Paypal account. It's really easy.
    11-12-2014 08:59 PM
    Just like Cardfan said, The seller doesn't make the rules, Ebay does. Just open a claim through Ebay and they will make him refund your money. List the reason why you are returning and if the fact that it was linked to someone else's account wasn't disclosed in the description, the seller has no grounds to dispute your claim and Ebay will take the payment back from his Paypal account. It's really easy.

Say everything goes as you say which it really should, and the seller does not have the money left in his PayPal account? I’ve only bought used phones from EBay been lucky and a couple of iPhones. I would always ask the seller for the serial or imei number on the iPhones so I cold check them out before buying.
    11-13-2014 05:06 AM
    This phone and case could fall in some serious penal codes depending on the state. (Do your research depending on the state he is on. California and Texas have one of the most extensive and effective penal codes, try to check FBI's NCIC to be sure as well) It can fall under a theft penal code as he is selling you a phone (property) that you are not able to fully enjoy. You have a phone that you are not even able to put under your name, he was not supposed to sell it as I am sure that person used the Verizon EDGE program. This is theft even though he is not physically stealing the device from your hands. If he is not able to contact the person he bought it from, then this is stolen and therefore, penal codes can be applied and the seller can get in serious trouble. Its either that person gets that phone off the contract and out of the account or this is a fraudulent transaction, thief and stolen phone.

Oh, and forget about the legal problems he might get involved, you could get in trouble as well by not having a phone under your name. Return that iPhone ASAP.
    Last edited by Lowelladam; 11-13-2014 at 01:35 PM.
    11-13-2014 01:24 PM
    Say everything goes as you say which it really should, and the seller does not have the money left in his PayPal account? I’ve only bought used phones from EBay been lucky and a couple of iPhones. I would always ask the seller for the serial or imei number on the iPhones so I cold check them out before buying.
    Contacted Paypal on this and got told that PayPal will take all responsibility even if the seller doesn't have the money. So they will pay for it in case the seller doesn't have all the funds
    calebt and jasonprice like this.
    11-13-2014 02:17 PM
    Swappa isn't fool-proof either. Just because the IMEI is good when the phone is listed doesn't mean the seller can't wait until your 30 day PayPal protection is up and then cancel their line or stop paying their bill. There, again, you left with a brick.
    11-16-2014 05:05 PM
    So what was the final resolution?
    11-16-2014 10:26 PM
    So what was the final resolution?
    Probably just a waiting game at this point. Paypal gives the seller time to respond to the claim. It sounds like the seller is communicating with the buyer, so that may draw the process out a bit. He should eventually get all of his money back though.
    11-16-2014 10:37 PM
51 123