Will all the carriers do the nice trade-ins next year too?

scottMan1

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
We were up for new phones and I was not sure which model to go, until I heard about the carriers doing the big trade-ins even on the 4s. I'm wondering if the carriers are going to do the same great trade-ins on the 2015 6S models. Or was that only to get people to preorder the new phones? I love the trade-in, but the wait for the iPhone 6 was painful (and still going on for some). I'd like to hold out for three years and do my upgrade in 2017 next time. (Wow that's way in the future.) But I hope to get back on the S cycle but I also want to have the easy trade-in too.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
No one can say for sure- who knows maybe by 2017 they will do away with the subsidy all together and we will all pay full price for our phones. Either way I am sure you will be able to sell via crags list or eBay etc

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
No one can say for sure- who knows maybe by 2017 they will do away with the subsidy all together and we will all pay full price for our phones. Either way I am sure you will be able to sell via crags list or eBay etc

I think phreddyl is right. I think they'll end up doing away with subsidies all together. It's becoming more and more popular.

jasonprice

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I think you will continue to see high trade in values on "older" phones. The values of these phones are only going up, and the carriers are starting to see that as well. Think about it this way too. You buy your iPhone 6 for $200 on contract. You keep it for 20 months, which at that time you have paid for the phone and then some with your plan and data fees. You give them the phone, they give you a hundred or a couple hundred, turn around and have someone else sign a two year contract on that same phone (after its refurbished, of course). Now instead of breaking even or making a small amount on that phone, they have turned a decent profit. They are banking that you will choose the convenience of trading the phone in over reselling it on craigslist or ebay.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I hope so I like to hold out for the S models too. There was too much of a design change on the iP6 so I had to get it. Either way I'm going to upgrade to the iP6s when it's released.

Sent from my wrapped in leather iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Nice trade ins? Lol. Anyways. As long as there is competition, you'll see each carrier trying to one up the other.