Is 16 GB enough?

mail2u

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
I'm comfortable with my 16gb iPhone6 so far; but only because I carry multiple devices and my iPhone is mainly just a phone.

For movies and music I mainly stream, and for games I use my iPad2.

DiePerske

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
How much does a picture take up anyways, honest question?

If I have 4-6gb music on my phone at a given time, and assuming 4gb for the install, that would leave me about 6gb for apps/pictures, but what does that really mean in usage, ie how many pictures and apps can i put on my phone?

plonix5

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
Definitely not. 32 GB would have been much nicer minimum option for iPhone 6. Some portion of 16 GB will also be used up by the default apps anyway.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Definitely not. 32 GB would have been much nicer minimum option for iPhone 6. Some portion of 16 GB will also be used up by the default apps anyway.

Yeah, 16 GB devices only come with around 12-13 GB available. 32 should've been the minimum.

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
it all depends on what you are trying to use the phone for.

my wife has no problem using it with 8gb.

if youre planning on having a lot of videos and songs, 16gb might not be enough :p

blackmagicwoman

Trusted Member
Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I had a 16. I just was so afraid that my music and photos would suck the life out of it. I had about 500 pictures and wallpapers and about 600 songs. I hurried back and bit the bullet and got a 128gb. So glad I did.

50ShadesofDroidx

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
I've used to ALWAYS get the bare minimum when new generations of iPhones came out.. however starting from the iPhone 5 I've noticed that many apps nowadays require to much memory.. and NO I'm not a app hungry person. I just download a few here and there and by the time I realize it, I'm already at maximum capacity. It also doesn't help that the average photo size is bigger now since the Camera quality improves from phone to phone.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I've used to ALWAYS get the bare minimum when new generations of iPhones came out.. however starting from the iPhone 5 I've noticed that many apps nowadays require to much memory.. and NO I'm not a app hungry person. I just download a few here and there and by the time I realize it, I'm already at maximum capacity. It also doesn't help that the average photo size is bigger now since the Camera quality improves from phone to phone.

I agree with your thoughts 100%. I really think I'm going to go for the 64gb from now on when upgrading

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

The 5 was the first time I got the mid-grade and was thrilled when that bumped to 64gb with the 6 because I'm using more than 32gb on it. Mostly the usual stuff... Music photos and apps :) but I try to purge photos now and then and only keep the music on here that I would actually listen to vs the whole catalog. iTunes Match if I need something.

Emma Schulze

Aug 1, 2018
Visit site
My first brand new phone which is also my current one has 16 GB of data- I’ve had it for a year and a half now and being a teen who wants games and all these apps and photos its really hard to not use use all the data- I currently only have 1GB of room because I offloaded apps but its a struggle

mark-d

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I bought a 16GB iPhone 4 which was my first device. I’ve upgraded to 16GB models along the route but in this day and age the app sizes are so much bigger than they were when I first bought that my iPhone 6s that was otherwise fine just wasn’t suitable in terms of space.

I’ve upgraded to a bigger storage phone now. I’d recommend thinking very carefully about a 16GB model

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner