Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
just saw a post on FB that someone is suing Apple because 16 isn't really 16❓❓❓
But NO don't do it ‼️‼️‼️‼️
I always get 128, but my phone is a work horse for work and play😎😎😎

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
16 gb for me. And is that whole lawsuit thing because when you turn phone on and connect it its like 14 something gbs ? and after i jailbreak mine mine goes down to about 12. But on topic its enough for me. My ipad has all my games on it my phone is pictures and mp3 player and of course phone to.

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
I think to each there own, you can post whatever you want to for your facts or research. But when gets down to it it depends on the user. I have a 16gb, I also have 16gb ipad. I clean my cache on daily routine. Which usually if your active user or heavy user you clear over gb. I also use my ipad for games and my iphone 6 for my music and camera and texting. So 16 gb is enough for some people it may be a money thing for apple but because you have fact apple says it was save money doesnt mean its " Not Enough" I still have 4gb free and thats after 800mb taken up from a jailbreak. Will I upgrade ? no why should someone spend 100$ extra to get double memory when they dont need it ? This is really opinion thing do you use your phone for everything games music movies texting camera gps etc ? 16gb may not be enough then. If you use it for just music texting and camera? depends how much music you wanna put on it. Currently my playlist is 400+ songs like have mixture of stuff.

wbeard385

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
If you plan on keeping the phone a length of time the 64 gonna serve you better. After month or so the sting of the xtra $100 wear off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
If you plan on keeping the phone a length of time the 64 gonna serve you better. After month or so the sting of the xtra $100 wear off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i keep my phones for long time. never needed anything more then 8-10gb i dont keep excessive amounts of stuff on my phone. Its not about the money its about sense of if you need it then yes, if you dont need that much memory why spend the 100$ on that if you dont need it or wont use it ? thats what im trying to say and get across.

xderiwx

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
I think to each there own, you can post whatever you want to for your facts or research. But when gets down to it it depends on the user. I have a 16gb, I also have 16gb ipad. I clean my cache on daily routine. Which usually if your active user or heavy user you clear over gb. I also use my ipad for games and my iphone 6 for my music and camera and texting. So 16 gb is enough for some people it may be a money thing for apple but because you have fact apple says it was save money doesnt mean its " Not Enough" I still have 4gb free and thats after 800mb taken up from a jailbreak. Will I upgrade ? no why should someone spend 100$ extra to get double memory when they dont need it ? This is really opinion thing do you use your phone for everything games music movies texting camera gps etc ? 16gb may not be enough then. If you use it for just music texting and camera? depends how much music you wanna put on it. Currently my playlist is 400+ songs like have mixture of stuff.

Can you explain on the cache clearing? Do you mean deleting and reinstalling apps, clearing through the app if it has that feature available or is there a way to actually do this all at once? I've been trying to research ways to clear the cache but can't really find anything besides deleting/reinstalling apps. :)

Thanks!

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Ger1980

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
I don't know how anyone survives with 16gb on their iOS device. 128gb for me, wont be happy till I get a 256 version maybe in a few years.

Mark Hall3

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I've heard people mention photos tying up storage space! What I see is that it doesn't! I have almost 700 pix stored on my phone, which is quite a bit from my prospective and my photo app is only using 174 MB of storage. Is that a true gauge on how much storage my photos are tying up? Video and Music downloads are the only massive storage users that I can see! I know there is some game apps that are storage hogs as well.

Celandine

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
For me 16gb has always been enough. Thought about getting the 64gb iP6, but went with the 16gb once again.

My phone plan has unlimited data so I keep iTunes songs in the cloud. They are still playable even there. I utilized Spotify as well for streaming music. As for photos, I have Dropbox, Amazon Cloud (unlimited storage with a Fire device), Box, and OneDrive for automatic uploading. Once the photos are in there, I delete them from the photo app on my phone.

I stream Netflix, and Hulu+ and utilize OneDrive and RealPlayer for movies or TV episodes which I might want to watch on my phone later as they don't have a gb restriction on the file size. RealPlayer is actually great for uploading automatically any videos you might take on your phone as that's basically what its meant for. You can also easily share these videos this way with friends and family as well.

I'm not an app hog, so having a multitude of apps to manage has never been a problem. I currently have over 9gb of unused space on my 6 and have all the apps I honestly need and use on a daily basis.

I also own and use regularly a WD (Western Digital) 64gb wireless storage. Movies, movies, documents, etc can be stored on it and assessed any time I need them.

There is virtually WiFi everywhere I go as well so when the decision on what size Mini to buy, I chose 16gb for the reasons stated above. It was, as they say, a "no-brainer".

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
I've heard people mention photos tying up storage space! What I see is that it doesn't! I have almost 700 pix stored on my phone, which is quite a bit from my prospective and my photo app is only using 174 MB of storage. Is that a true gauge on how much storage my photos are tying up? Video and Music downloads are the only massive storage users that I can see! I know there is some game apps that are storage hogs as well.

I have almost 1000 on mine. Mine takes up about 700mb only because a lot of it is photography I might have done with my dslr camera and those photo sizes tend be large and I don't really feel like resizing or photos I did with my phone I use the HDR photo sizes tend b larger to. Other then that normal regular photos probably only take up 150mb probably have about 709-800 of those.

Can you explain on the cache clearing? Do you mean deleting and reinstalling apps, clearing through the app if it has that feature available or is there a way to actually do this all at once? I've been trying to research ways to clear the cache but can't really find anything besides deleting/reinstalling apps. :)

Thanks!

I don't have link since I'm on my iPad I don't know how post App Store links but. Search for ccleaner. When running that press storage status I normally press where says how many cycles and switch it to four cycles. That runs it with more deeper fuller scan usually takes at times about 5-8 mins. There is also cm security I have both because I like make sure I got rid of everything. My cleaner of choice though Is Icleaner but that option is only if you jailbreak.

Sorry in advance for typos I'm not used typing so long on iPad lol, hope this post helps you.

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I've always been fine with 16gb for years, but the only app that kills my storage is Spotify. Every week or so I have to uninstall and reinstall it to clear the gig or two it's eaten from the streaming. Other than that, I actually like the size constraint as it prevents me from turning my phone into a garbage pile of useless one time apps and forces me to only keep what I really want. T-Mobile unlimited data also really helps...

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
I've always been fine with 16gb for years, but the only app that kills my storage is Spotify. Every week or so I have to uninstall and reinstall it to clear the gig or two it's eaten from the streaming. Other than that, I actually like the size constraint as it prevents me from turning my phone into a garbage pile of useless one time apps and forces me to only keep what I really want. T-Mobile unlimited data also really helps...

is it like cache it makes ? i use spotify alot but i use ccleaner daily and never have issue have you tried that maybe ?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods