Is 16 GB enough?

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
16 was too small for me on my iPad, so I went with a 32 when I got my iPhone 5. Cannot see myself going back to a 16 after that. Got a 64 Plus as 32 is no longer an option. Prefect for me I think.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I think for now 16gb is adequate for a basic user. It all depends on how you use the phone. If you take a lot of pics and videos then store them on your computer. If you're going to have a camera roll with thousands of pictures and videos then you'll have problems. Also another thing to consider is how often are you planning to upgrade your phone? If you're looking at this lasting 4-5 years then 16GB may become the new 8GB in the future.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I would recommend the 64 GB. The 16 comes with only about 10 GB of usable space, then with putting your photos, info, and music on, you'll be down to next to nothing.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I say 16 gb is useless because you actually only get around 12 or 13 gb of usable space. After you've had it a year and the new iOS comes out you'll likely have to delete things to accept the update as I did. So I waited for the 64 gb and couldn't be happier.

BaCiudad

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi, for my part I got the 16Gb and I'm using the "Copy" app. At a time they were offering 20Gb on their cloud for free. You'll find the app on the Apple store and can access to your account from your computer for file sharing. Very convenient.

Envoy? de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I would recommend the 64 GB. The 16 comes with only about 10 GB of usable space, then with putting your photos, info, and music on, you'll be down to next to nothing.

Most get between 11.7 and 12.3. Not sure why they differ.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Ticojpunk

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
My wife is a very light user but a big picture taker. She has a 16GB 5C. I'm constantly checking to see if she's getting too full. Over the air updates are impossible. I always have to update her phone through iTunes because her phone is always nearly full.

I wouldn't recommend a 16GB iPhone 6 to anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
My wife is a very light user but a big picture taker. She has a 16GB 5C. I'm constantly checking to see if she's getting too full. Over the air updates are impossible. I always have to update her phone through iTunes because her phone is always nearly full.

I wouldn't recommend a 16GB iPhone 6 to anyone.

Does she use cloud based apps like Box or Dropbox to store photos and videos? She can organize her photos in albums. And delete them from her camera roll. Saves a lot of space.

Ticojpunk

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Does she use cloud based apps like Box or Dropbox to store photos and videos? She can organize her photos in albums. And delete them from her camera roll. Saves a lot of space.

We already do that, but it's me that does the maintaining. She auto backs up to Google Plus. Point is, constantly managing storage on any device is a p.i.t.a.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
We already do that, but it's me that does the maintaining. She auto backs up to Google Plus. Point is, constantly managing storage on any device is a p.i.t.a.

It seems like the photos are the main issue with space. Maybe use My Photo Stream and stream most to your computer. Teach her how. My Wife is as tech savvy as my cat. I have to do things like change her cover photo on Facebook. She creates folders on her screen by mistake and panicks because she can't find her photos app. So I do understand. But still, all those photos? Good luck with it.

htcm7

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
It depends on what you'll use.

If you have a lots of multimedia content or if you'll record or taking lots of pics absolutely you'll need more than 16GB.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I have never owned a device higher than 16gb myself almost all of my files are on a cloud service which works out well.

xderiwx

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Lots of great advice in here already! Hopefully app makers will all start including a "clear cache" option in their apps. Very few have this option and those that do make it so much more enjoyable for us. iPhone apps are getting huge! It seems like for every app I have that is both iOS/Android, the iOS app is at least double the size.

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Nope.
I have a lot of pro apps that make use of internal space for editing and undo metadata, etc.
I tried the 16GB and when I had it set up the way I liked I had less than 2GB available! That's with no photos, video or music!
Remember that the gallery (camera storage space) keeps deleted photos and video for 30 days after deleted. It takes too much shuffling and housekeeping to avoid running out of space. 32GB was always the sweet spot for me with previous iOS devices. Now that those are gone...

64 make most sense and for $100 more you can have 128 so that's what I went with. Never again worry about it!

Mark Hall3

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
For most people I've found, 16 isn't enough!! For example, I have 1733 songs downloaded on my phone, 4 videos and a a bunch of podcast downloaded on downcast! The other 125 apps doesn't really take that much storage, but My Big 3 takes up almost half my storage on my 64G iPhone 6! Even if you don't think you will need the storage, the more you use your phone, the more apps and goodies you will want on your phone. At least that's been my experience! If you can possibly come up with the extra 100, I highly recommend the 64g!!iMoreAppImg_20150103_053828.jpg

Mark Hall3

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Also, most major updates from Apple these days, require a good bit of storage, probably more than you will have available on a 16g phone

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW