Best way to get non-contract iphone 6?

marky66

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I am trying to purchase an iPhone 6 as a gift. So I wanted to be able to walk out of the store without having to activate it, or sign up for service. I know I will have to pay full retail price - but can I do that at an AT&T store or Apple store? I tried to do it online & over the phone, but they told me I had to activate the phone first - even if I was paying the full, non-commitment price....... Any help would be appreciated!!!

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Yep apple here too. Only issue that I found is that you have to really scope out inventory. You can't pre order it at full price. Has to be linked to an account. That was crazy frustrating.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Head to the Apple Store. If they try to help you activate it, just say that you'd like to take it home and activate it yourself or tell them it's a gift and you have to activate it later. They wanted to help me with mine on launch day but I told them that I would activate it from home (T-Mobile pre-paid) and then they just left me alone after that :)

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I purchased the Verizon version. It works perfectly with T-Mobile and AT&T.

Sent from my 128GB iPhone 6 + using Tapatalk.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I am trying to purchase an iPhone 6 as a gift. So I wanted to be able to walk out of the store without having to activate it, or sign up for service. I know I will have to pay full retail price - but can I do that at an AT&T store or Apple store? I tried to do it online & over the phone, but they told me I had to activate the phone first - even if I was paying the full, non-commitment price....... Any help would be appreciated!!!

I bought mine from best buy and walked out without it being activated.

paramaribo

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
I traded in my iphone 5s for $300.00 in September and got the iphone 6 at best buy for full price minus $300.00 and had it activated while at Bestbuy and then contacted ATT and they unlocked the phone for me.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73