If you could install Android on your iPhone 6, would you?

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
This question is like someone choosing to go Burger King because they want a whopper and someone else asking them if they wished that burger king sold Big Macs haha.

Like if I want my phone to run android why the hell am I using an iPhone.

iOS-Bleh

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
That's funny. Long time Android user, new to iOS. While Apple makes a solid phone in terms of build quality, the os leaves much to be desired. My experience with iOS has, thus far, not been pleasurable. It feels clunky, not intuitive and dated. While Android was inferior at one point in time, those days are long past. Android has far surpassed iOS in many ways, like usability, customization and user interface to name a few. That's my opinion, feel free to disagree.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
That's funny. Long time Android user, new to iOS. While Apple makes a solid phone in terms of build quality, the os leaves much to be desired. My experience with iOS has, thus far, not been pleasurable. It feels clunky, not intuitive and dated. While Android was inferior at one point in time, those days are long past. Android has far surpassed iOS in many ways, like usability, customization and user interface to name a few. That's my opinion, feel free to disagree.

If that's the case why did you start using iOS? Just stick with Android.
But the fact you signed up with that screen name really explains it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Actually I kind of don't D. Wouldn't what? I was replying to his comment about people disagreeing with his opinion that Android is superior...on an  forum. I responded to the original question at hand a while back.

Or am I missing something again?

iOS-Bleh

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
If that's the case why did you start using iOS? Just stick with Android.
But the fact you signed up with that screen name really explains it.

Professor on campus is conducting research on iOS and Android. I am one of ten that went from Android to iOS. There's another ten that went from iOS to Android. I get (read: required) to use an iPhone 6 as my daily driver until the end of this semester.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Actually I kind of don't D. Wouldn't what? I was replying to his comment about people disagreeing with his opinion that Android is superior...on an  forum. I responded to the original question at hand a while back.

Or am I missing something again?

I'm sorry. I mistook your reply to mean that many people here would install Android on their iOS device. That's what I get for not going back in the thread and verifying. Again, my apologies...;)

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

Security-wise, it's no contest. Android is ripe with security holes. For example:
Android security on the ropes with one-two punch from researchers | Ars Technica

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi all, haven’t been chatting much lately, but still check in. and yes I would still install android on my beloved iPhone 6 if I could. When I get the iPhone 6s plus I would love to be able to bastardize that too, but that’s me I love to fiddle.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi all, haven?t been chatting much lately, but still check in. and yes I would still install android on my beloved iPhone 6 if I could. When I get the iPhone 6s plus I would love to be able to bastardize that too, but that?s me I love to fiddle.

That's called blasphemy

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm sorry. I mistook your reply to mean that many people here would install Android on their iOS device. That's what I get for not going back in the thread and verifying. Again, my apologies...;)

Not a problem D, not a problem. I often miss subtle messages, so I thought that was one of those times.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2