If you could install Android on your iPhone 6, would you?

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Yes... ios is the worst OS ive ever used, its SO SLOW AND BUGGY.. but id rather just get an android than an iphone

Yeah if you wait a month you could trade your iPhone for an s6 and have the guy pay you an extra 100 if you own an iPhone 6. The demand is out there for people moving to android and desperately wanting to return.

Sent from my  iPhone 6 Plus

WP7Nettwerk

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
No sence cucumber os, potato os or even android. I hate as much as iOS. I have many words to tell but I'll keep it to my self yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
No. I've got a Note 4 and that's where my Android OS related things like apps go. I want iOS and iOS apps in my iPhone.
If I wanted some kind of hybrid I would have stayed with BlackBerry and their Blackdroid.

Edit: Ha!!!!!! I'd already answered this!

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

hearmeoutx

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Absolutely not. If I wanted to run Android, I would be using an Android device. I love iOS and everything that it does. It is the perfect phone OS for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Buh-bye now. But, before you go, tell us why you even bother to come here, except to troll. On second thought, never mind.

It's stressful trying to impress your friends with whatever phone their using at the time. Anyone who says Apple sucks is simply throwing grenades off the bandwagon

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
It's stressful trying to impress your friends with whatever phone their using at the time. Anyone who says Apple sucks is simply throwing grenades off the bandwagon

I've gotta tell you truly.....I have not been this peaceful and satisfied with my tech as I am right now. I'm using what works for me and what works beautifully. I've jettisoned BlackBerry and everything related to it and I find no need to buy a device, because I have to, due to CB troll pressure. I feel liberated. I use my Note 4 and I love it and it works for me. I use my Lumia 1520 and I love it and it works for me. But my iPhone is my dependable go to device, and it's been such a pleasure since I came over to iMore in June to use something that WORKS. Out of the box, first time, every time, NO DRAMA. Peace and satisfaction........aaaaaahhhhhh.......yes..........

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I've gotta tell you truly.....I have not been this peaceful and satisfied with my tech as I am right now. I'm using what works for me and what works beautifully. I've jettisoned BlackBerry and everything related to it and I find no need to buy a device, because I have to, due to CB troll pressure. I feel liberated. I use my Note 4 and I love it and it works for me. I use my Lumia 1520 and I love it and it works for me. But my iPhone is my dependable go to device, and it's been such a pleasure since I came over to iMore in June to use something that WORKS. Out of the box, first time, every time, NO DRAMA. Peace and satisfaction........aaaaaahhhhhh.......yes..........

Nice that's good when someone can come and say good about things rather than who's is better than who's. There's nothing wrong with android I just didn't like it, doesn't mean I'm going to run to android central and bash the note 4 because I had a bad experience. It's immature to say the least

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Nice that's good when someone can come and say good about things rather than who's is better than who's. There's nothing wrong with android I just didn't like it, doesn't mean I'm going to run to android central and bash the note 4 because I had a bad experience. It's immature to say the least

Yup. Thank you. I've always called it as I see it. It cost me dearly with trolls and so called friends, but it also gave me my current freedom.

Too bad some people are so emotionally invested in a cause that they forget common professional courtesy and "friendship" because of a freakin' phone. I'm freer without them.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I keep reading about the apps in an Android phone. What's the difference, if any?

Some of them are designed slightly different to suit each platform. Facebook is different, and so are many others. They both do the same stuff at the end of the day though. I find iOS just has the more polished app versions

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
One thing I wish Apple would implement that Android does is updating their native apps individually outside of a full on firmware update. For instance...if there was a new function added to Messages, update messages instead of waiting for a full blown OS update to release it.

Vic Rivera

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Some of them are designed slightly different to suit each platform. Facebook is different, and so are many others. They both do the same stuff at the end of the day though. I find iOS just has the more polished app versions

Thanks for the break down

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Not a chance. After years of running an Android phone (for the larger screen for work) and an iPhone for personal use, and having to put up with the hissy fits and temper tantrums my Android phone seemed to have on a weekly basis, for no appreciable reason I can fathom, I am happy to consolidate both my work and personal phones intto the Apple ecosystem.

I couldn't be happier. (Well, I would be if I could get my UK iPhone 6 to be unlocked and accept a U.S. Sim, but that's another story for a different thread)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It amazes me how so many like to squabble about the smartphones. This one's better than that one. That one stinks. This one is great. Etc. I recall the days of driving around looking for a pay phone. There were no smartphones. No flip phones. Just landlines and pay phones. So I look at what is available today, and guess what? They're all wonderful. The iPhones, the Androids, Windows, even the (cough) Black (cough) berry (cough). I mean they are! If any of the current phones of today had been introduced 20 years ago, everyone would have ate it up, regardless of which one. And folks want to bicker about which is best. SMH!

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮