If you could install Android on your iPhone 6, would you?

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
It was many diverse people, ideas and companies that changed the tech we use today not just Apple. Apple took others ideas and work and made them better and there?s nothing wrong with that, that?s why you have that

SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6 ️ ️ ️

Agreed. I don't for one minute attempt to say that Apple invented the touchscreen device, for example. Even Windows had a place to download apps back in the day but they weren't called apps. I remember downloading themes for my Windows phones. But when Apple opened the App Store it was a game changer. Also there might have been a Zune but it was the iPod that became the de facto music player. And sure all smartphones had browsers but it was Safari that revolutionised the accessibility and experience of the web in the go. And sure there has been NFC for eons but it's been Apple Pay that's made it more accessible in the US by virtue of Apple's approach.

So yes, I would say that Apple did in fact change how we interact with out tech.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

TomsAndroid

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
LOL, really it never crashes??? My iPad 3 crashes somewhat often. I don't know where this myth that iOS never crashes came from.

Agreed. I've been having a few problems with random restarts on my iPhone 6. I don't think I ever had one on my HTC One. My camera was also crashing today. App crashes are probably about the same on both platforms. iOS certainly does crash.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Alphman

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Yes, only because I like to tinker with things and see what devices are capable of. But my phone would have to be set up with a separate partition for Android a la Boot Camp in the Mac so it will not affect iOS. I will especially get a kick out of showing my Samsung Galaxy-wielding friend that I have a lean version of Lollipop 5.0 running on my iPhone.

NadaAddict

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
No. I've already experienced Android and still do. Android is better in your opinion but not for a lot of us. I'll keep Android on my aging nexus and periodically remind myself why I left it behind in the first place whenever I get that "grass is greener" feeling.

Yeah...because only iOS changes, right? I'm typing this from my Nexus 9 with Lollipop, and it rocks.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I think it's a pretty cool question. However for me it would be a Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllll NO and that's just because iOS is my choice between the two. I made that decision a long time ago and it's a personal preference not that I think iOS is better than Android I think it's better for me.

Agrinho

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
Like OP, I like experimenting with things so it'd definitely be interesting to try it out. I'm pretty sure I'd end up switching back to iOS sooner rather than later, though.

ig33k

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
No, because it will crash a lot, as android needs a lot more resources to run smoothly than iOS and even though the A8 chip is a 64-bit one I think that it will struggle a little with android

Sent from my iPhone 6 PLUS!

cbobb123

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
No, because it will crash a lot, as android needs a lot more resources to run smoothly than iOS and even though the A8 chip is a 64-bit one I think that it will struggle a little with android

Sent from my iPhone 6 PLUS!

Well I have the moto g and it is running 5.0 flawlessly on the snapdragon 400 so you've obviously been misinformed.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

vomitis

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
I would so do it in a heartbeat. I was research in that topic when I found this thread. Iphone's have a look and feel that current android device's can't match. But I find apples os cumbersome.
So yes, in my opinion, it would be the best of both worlds.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I would so do it in a heartbeat. I was research in that topic when I found this thread. Iphone's have a look and feel that current android device's can't match. But I find apples os cumbersome.
So yes, in my opinion, it would be the best of both worlds.

I think you would enjoy jail breaking. From what I hear from jailbreak enthusiasts on iMore, it is better than rooted Android. 😀

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Nope if I wanted an android I would have purchased one of the many that are available. The reason iPhone is so good is that apple designs the os for this hardware android is more like a pc were it has to work on many types of hardware. The iPhone stays smooth for the entire time I own it. I have seen android run like a top in the beginning and complete crap after a year

codeda

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
My answer is a big fat yes. I love android and have been using it since January 2010. For me it really would be the best of both worlds. I get all the widgets I want, some of the apps from my fave sites, plus a great bright screen and hardware.

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I've been carrying around both an iPhone 6 and droid turbo for about a month now and have officially gone to just carrying the iPhone. Any app there is on the droid either is already on or looks much better on the iPhone.

Dhruv Shetty

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
I would aboslutely. as that would be the best operating system with good hardware specs. You can actually do it with an old iphone 3gs. but mot with 4 or up. I am waiting

sent from my 4 year old iphone 4

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
No. I own a nexus 5 and I have a Z3C for work. I use enough android to know it's good but not better than iOS for me, and the apps always look like cheap rip offs of their iOS counterpart.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2