If you could install Android on your iPhone 6, would you?

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
No.

When I want to play with Android, I buy an Android device.

To the OP, if you could install iOS on a Note 4 or Nexus 6, would you?

I dislike Samsung devices mostly because of Touch Wiz the Nexus 6 is way too big in my opinion, but on my Nexus 5 I would like to try it out.

I would have also like to have tried iOS on my HTC M7 which I don't have no more, sold it to get the iP5s when it was released.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
If you could install Android on your iP6 and have all the functionality of the Apple Hardware would you give it a try? Wouldn?t that be like having the best of both worlds. I know it would never happen, but just a thought.

Ok already I get it ?like having the best of both worlds ? bad choice of words this was not meant to be about iOS vs. Android. It was meant to be about trying an alternate OS on my Apple hardware. I like to experiment with things, how stupid of me to use Android as the OS of choice.

Sent from my wrapped in leather iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

I would install iOS on my Moto X before I put Android on my iPhone.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Yes. I'd love to dual boot. But I'm a geeky tinkerer so that's the kind of stuff I like to do.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Not with 1GB of RAM. Even vanilla Android would make those resources hurt. Of course if they follow the 2GB trend of the Air 2, I'd love to see dual boot on a 6s.

cmrobbins42

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
It was not meant to be a proposal to abandon or cremate your iPhones it would not be a daily driver, it would be just playing is all. As I thought someone mentioned above I wouldn’t even mind installing windows phone OS or any other OS as a matter of fact, and see what it is all about it would save me having to by new hardware, that’s just me.

I use an iPhone now I like the quality of Apples products I believe they are second to none. My wife has had iPhone from the day Apple and AT&T launched it. If Apple had moved to a larger screen sooner then later I most likely would have been using iPhone sooner. I have a nexus 5 I wish I could install iOS or any other OS on that I just like to tinker and try different things that’s all.

Just ignore Hank. It makes life on this forum easier. It's a shame someone with that much life experience has to be so against ideas that are neat for tech enthusiasts but don't line up with his pro-Apple agenda.

This is an Apple-centric site and I am an Apple user. I see no issue with calling these hair-brained schemes out for what they are.

One user's neat idea is Hank's hair-brained scheme. Glad I'm on his ignore list so I can call him out without listening to his hissy fits.

makie

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I don't like the idea. I chose to pick up an iPhone 6 this time over an android flagship.

No real reasons tho, just trying something different.
I do have to say that I think android as OS is More easy to get your settings right + way more options to customise.

But like I said before, I choose iPhone now and not android. I choose a "simple" phone that cannot change the looks of the OS etc and with a slightly worse battery life. But I do use my phone a little less now which compensate's a lot, lol.

skraggy

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
On an iPhone, no. I'd rather get a note 4 if I'd stick with Android.

Plus, iOS is optimized for the lower specs of an iPhone, particularly RAM. Android would struggle on an iPhone with just 1gb. There's a reason the note3/4 have 3gb.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

geekymcfly

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
if there was...um a bootcamp option, yes I would but only if there was a windows option. I have android devices. I also wouldn't use it for apps because that's a reason why I came back to iOS. I have yet to see a functioning windows phone in person.

Marcus Vasquez

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Not with 1GB of RAM. Even vanilla Android would make those resources hurt. Of course if they follow the 2GB trend of the Air 2, I'd love to see dual boot on a 6s.

You seem to know a lot about phones girl! How is jailbreaking going with the iPhone I still have not yet done it. Used to run a rooted N5. Pm me

iTechHead

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Nope but I'd give iOS on a android a thought. With the specs in most android devices and the optimization in iOS I'm sure it'd be a great experience. Take a phone like the note 4 and remove samsungs laggy touch wiz for iOS and that'd be one beast of a phone ( not that it isn't already ). I prefer the fluidity of iOS and I love my iPhone 6 but I doubt it could handle android with such specs. Apple does a great job with ios though so it doesn't need to much to run it.

JBaby_9783

Jan 22, 2009
Visit site
Hell to the no! I've used/fixed my sister's crap Android phones enough to know I want absolutely nothing to do with anything Android.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TomsAndroid

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Hell to the no! I've used/fixed my sister's crap Android phones enough to know I want absolutely nothing to do with anything Android.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you're avoiding a whole, entire OS just because of your experience with a couple of the many devices available???

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal