If you could install Android on your iPhone 6, would you?

TomsAndroid

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
To answer the original post, no, I wouldn't. I love Android, but I don't miss it. Aside from the camera (and maybe the design), software was the main reason I chose an iPhone as my next phone. I have no problem with many Android device's hardware, so if I wanted Android, I'd buy one of them. Having a device that has software fully optimised for its hardware is preferable to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

_YoKolorMeBadd

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
If you could install Android on your iP6 and have all the functionality of the Apple Hardware would you give it a try? Wouldn?t that be like having the best of both worlds. I know it would never happen, but just a thought.

Ok already I get it ?like having the best of both worlds ? bad choice of words this was not meant to be about iOS vs. Android. It was meant to be about trying an alternate OS on my Apple hardware. I like to experiment with things, how stupid of me to use Android as the OS of choice.

Sent from my wrapped in leather iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Nah, I tried android and I just don't like it. iOS is more fluid than the Android OS is IMO. Plus iOS has better apps.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I am may things, but I am NOT a cell phone molester. Why on Earth would I pervert my perfectly good IOS? Ridiculous.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Why do you seem to hate Android so much?! I can understand people preferring iOS over Android, but you seem to immediately dismiss anything about Android with apparent disgust. I don't know if you're just exaggerating your feelings towards Android, or if you genuinely have a reason to look down on it so much.

I don’t hate android, per se. What I dislike are these cockamamie posts proposing that we abandon all or part of the iPhone, iOS or some other Apple product and try to kludge or cobble together some sort of franken-phone.

This is an Apple-centric site and I am an Apple user. I see no issue with calling these hair-brained schemes out for what they are.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
No.

When I want to play with Android, I buy an Android device.

To the OP, if you could install iOS on a Note 4 or Nexus 6, would you?

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I don’t hate android, per se. What I dislike are these cockamamie posts proposing that we abandon all or part of the iPhone, iOS or some other Apple product and try to kludge or cobble together some sort of franken-phone.

This is an Apple-centric site and I am an Apple user. I see no issue with calling these hair-brained schemes out for what they are.

It was not meant to be a proposal to abandon or cremate your iPhones it would not be a daily driver, it would be just playing is all. As I thought someone mentioned above I wouldn’t even mind installing windows phone OS or any other OS as a matter of fact, and see what it is all about it would save me having to by new hardware, that’s just me.

I use an iPhone now I like the quality of Apples products I believe they are second to none. My wife has had iPhone from the day Apple and AT&T launched it. If Apple had moved to a larger screen sooner then later I most likely would have been using iPhone sooner. I have a nexus 5 I wish I could install iOS or any other OS on that I just like to tinker and try different things that’s all.

TomsAndroid

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I don?t hate android, per se. What I dislike are these cockamamie posts proposing that we abandon all or part of the iPhone, iOS or some other Apple product and try to kludge or cobble together some sort of franken-phone.

I see what you're saying, but I don't think that this post was really intended to do that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro