Not only NO, but HELL TO THE F'IN NO!!!!!!!
    03-18-2015 02:06 PM
    iOS and The iPhone hardware are made for each other. So why installing software that isn't designed to work with the hardware.

Sent from my spacey grey 6 
    03-18-2015 09:55 PM
    Coming from owning an iPhone from the original, and switching back and forth from many of the Nexus devices (Nexus S, Nexus 4, Nexus 5) and seeing the best of vanilla Android, I have to say that I find iOS to be superior in terms of both performance and overall aesthetic quality. The apps are better on iOS, and your phone doesn't randomly stutter or slow over time. Further, I'm pretty heavily invested into the Apple ecosystem to begin with, having a MacBook Pro and an Apple TV. No chance would I trade iOS for Android (even though it would play nicer with my Chromecast).
    03-19-2015 10:17 AM
    I hate Android not because of the UI or anything like that but my problem is that the OEM is in control of software updates. e.g The OnePlus One is still on 4.4.4 even though back in 2014 they said Lollipop would be available in January. So I would never install it on my iPhone but I would install Windows Phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    03-19-2015 01:19 PM
    Would be fun if I could dual-boot a vanilla ROM and iOS. If I could I wouldn't mind being able to add W10 as well. I like iOS but am fairly platform agnostic, would be nice to try the competition out if I'm ever bored at home.
    03-19-2015 01:49 PM
    Shor answer? No
    03-19-2015 06:40 PM
    Thai's a non response, just cause you spend $699 doesn't mean a thing. I like my playstore aps, and I like to tinker so I'd do it.
    04-03-2015 01:58 PM
    No i would get a highly customizable linux
    08-07-2015 04:10 AM
    This question is like someone choosing to go Burger King because they want a whopper and someone else asking them if they wished that burger king sold Big Macs haha.

Like if I want my phone to run android why the hell am I using an iPhone.
    hydrogen3 likes this.
    08-07-2015 04:49 AM
    .cvcf
    08-07-2015 04:50 AM
    Not only NO, but HELL TO THE F'IN NO!!!!!!!
    08-13-2015 03:08 AM
    That's funny. Long time Android user, new to iOS. While Apple makes a solid phone in terms of build quality, the os leaves much to be desired. My experience with iOS has, thus far, not been pleasurable. It feels clunky, not intuitive and dated. While Android was inferior at one point in time, those days are long past. Android has far surpassed iOS in many ways, like usability, customization and user interface to name a few. That's my opinion, feel free to disagree.
    08-13-2015 03:17 AM
    That's funny. Long time Android user, new to iOS. While Apple makes a solid phone in terms of build quality, the os leaves much to be desired. My experience with iOS has, thus far, not been pleasurable. It feels clunky, not intuitive and dated. While Android was inferior at one point in time, those days are long past. Android has far surpassed iOS in many ways, like usability, customization and user interface to name a few. That's my opinion, feel free to disagree.
    If that's the case why did you start using iOS? Just stick with Android.
    But the fact you signed up with that screen name really explains it.

08-13-2015 04:02 AM
    That's my opinion, feel free to disagree.
    Believe me, many here will.
    08-13-2015 10:13 AM
    Believe me, many here will.
    I believe you, but I'm one of the people who wouldn't. I didn't buy an iPhone just to install an Android OS on it. I want iOS on my Apple smart devices......Know what I mean?
    hydrogen3 likes this.
    08-13-2015 10:35 AM
    Actually I kind of don't D. Wouldn't what? I was replying to his comment about people disagreeing with his opinion that Android is superior...on an  forum. I responded to the original question at hand a while back.

Or am I missing something again?
    08-13-2015 12:08 PM
    If that's the case why did you start using iOS? Just stick with Android.
    But the fact you signed up with that screen name really explains it.
    Professor on campus is conducting research on iOS and Android. I am one of ten that went from Android to iOS. There's another ten that went from iOS to Android. I get (read: required) to use an iPhone 6 as my daily driver until the end of this semester.
    08-13-2015 03:37 PM
    Actually I kind of don't D. Wouldn't what? I was replying to his comment about people disagreeing with his opinion that Android is superior...on an  forum. I responded to the original question at hand a while back.

Or am I missing something again?
    I'm sorry. I mistook your reply to mean that many people here would install Android on their iOS device. That's what I get for not going back in the thread and verifying. Again, my apologies...
    08-13-2015 04:09 PM
    Hell no, iOS is sacred for me. I'm an  fanboy
    08-13-2015 04:24 PM
    If I wanted Android, I'd get one of those Note thingies. The iPhone was a choice.
    hydrogen3 likes this.
    08-13-2015 06:50 PM
    No, I would get an android phone if I want android.

08-13-2015 07:01 PM
    Security-wise, it's no contest. Android is ripe with security holes. For example:
    Android security on the ropes with one-two punch from researchers | Ars Technica
    Tartarus likes this.
    08-13-2015 07:37 PM
    Hi all, haven’t been chatting much lately, but still check in. and yes I would still install android on my beloved iPhone 6 if I could. When I get the iPhone 6s plus I would love to be able to bastardize that too, but that’s me I love to fiddle.
    08-13-2015 08:27 PM
    Hi all, havent been chatting much lately, but still check in. and yes I would still install android on my beloved iPhone 6 if I could. When I get the iPhone 6s plus I would love to be able to bastardize that too, but thats me I love to fiddle.
    That's called blasphemy
    Flow39 likes this.
    08-13-2015 09:13 PM
    I'm personally thrilled beyond words that someone woke this thread up again. *sigh*

NOT!
    Tartarus, Flow39 and calebt like this.
    08-13-2015 09:25 PM
205 ... 6789