Why do you seem to hate Android so much?! I can understand people preferring iOS over Android, but you seem to immediately dismiss anything about Android with apparent disgust. I don't know if you're just exaggerating your feelings towards Android, or if you genuinely have a reason to look down on it so much.
    I don’t hate android, per se. What I dislike are these cockamamie posts proposing that we abandon all or part of the iPhone, iOS or some other Apple product and try to kludge or cobble together some sort of franken-phone.

This is an Apple-centric site and I am an Apple user. I see no issue with calling these hair-brained schemes out for what they are.
    11-08-2014 12:57 AM
    No.

When I want to play with Android, I buy an Android device.

To the OP, if you could install iOS on a Note 4 or Nexus 6, would you?
    TomsAndroid and calebt like this.
    11-08-2014 02:28 AM
    I don’t hate android, per se. What I dislike are these cockamamie posts proposing that we abandon all or part of the iPhone, iOS or some other Apple product and try to kludge or cobble together some sort of franken-phone.

This is an Apple-centric site and I am an Apple user. I see no issue with calling these hair-brained schemes out for what they are.
    It was not meant to be a proposal to abandon or cremate your iPhones it would not be a daily driver, it would be just playing is all. As I thought someone mentioned above I wouldn’t even mind installing windows phone OS or any other OS as a matter of fact, and see what it is all about it would save me having to by new hardware, that’s just me.

I use an iPhone now I like the quality of Apples products I believe they are second to none. My wife has had iPhone from the day Apple and AT&T launched it. If Apple had moved to a larger screen sooner then later I most likely would have been using iPhone sooner. I have a nexus 5 I wish I could install iOS or any other OS on that I just like to tinker and try different things that’s all.
    TomsAndroid likes this.
    11-08-2014 02:43 AM
    Wanting to run Android on an iPhone is like wanting to get BigMacs at BurgerKing...
    Funny thanks for the laugh need it every now and then.
    11-08-2014 02:45 AM
    Why would I install an inferior OS!? Lol
    Just to tinker. You guys are taking this iPhone business to serious.
    11-08-2014 02:49 AM
    No. On the other hand, iOS on all those Android devices would make me happy. Real happy.
    It would help make the world compatible.
    Haseeb Rehman likes this.
    11-08-2014 02:51 AM
    Why don't you just buy an android phone? lol.
    11-08-2014 03:21 AM
    Why don't you just buy an android phone? lol.

Maybe you missed it while reading through the thread I do have a Nexus 5.
    11-08-2014 03:35 AM
    Oh Hell No
    11-08-2014 03:49 AM
    I dont hate android, per se. What I dislike are these cockamamie posts proposing that we abandon all or part of the iPhone, iOS or some other Apple product and try to kludge or cobble together some sort of franken-phone.

I see what you're saying, but I don't think that this post was really intended to do that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    calebt likes this.
    11-08-2014 04:38 AM
    Why would I install an inferior OS!? Lol
    Inferior? Even if it's inferior in your use, that doesn't make the question laughable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    calebt and Smply_Rcklss like this.
    11-08-2014 04:40 AM
    No.

When I want to play with Android, I buy an Android device.

To the OP, if you could install iOS on a Note 4 or Nexus 6, would you?
    I dislike Samsung devices mostly because of Touch Wiz the Nexus 6 is way too big in my opinion, but on my Nexus 5 I would like to try it out.

I would have also like to have tried iOS on my HTC M7 which I don't have no more, sold it to get the iP5s when it was released.
    11-08-2014 07:01 AM
    If you could install Android on your iP6 and have all the functionality of the Apple Hardware would you give it a try? Wouldnt that be like having the best of both worlds. I know it would never happen, but just a thought.

Ok already I get it like having the best of both worlds bad choice of words this was not meant to be about iOS vs. Android. It was meant to be about trying an alternate OS on my Apple hardware. I like to experiment with things, how stupid of me to use Android as the OS of choice.

Sent from my wrapped in leather iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    I would install iOS on my Moto X before I put Android on my iPhone.
    11-08-2014 09:41 AM
    Yes. I'd love to dual boot. But I'm a geeky tinkerer so that's the kind of stuff I like to do.
    calebt likes this.
    11-08-2014 09:48 AM
    Not with 1GB of RAM. Even vanilla Android would make those resources hurt. Of course if they follow the 2GB trend of the Air 2, I'd love to see dual boot on a 6s.
    calebt likes this.
    11-08-2014 10:03 AM
    Yes. I'd love to dual boot. But I'm a geeky tinkerer so that's the kind of stuff I like to do.
    That's me also. "Geeky tinkerer"

Sent from my wrapped in leather iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    11-08-2014 10:31 AM
    It was not meant to be a proposal to abandon or cremate your iPhones it would not be a daily driver, it would be just playing is all. As I thought someone mentioned above I wouldn’t even mind installing windows phone OS or any other OS as a matter of fact, and see what it is all about it would save me having to by new hardware, that’s just me.

I use an iPhone now I like the quality of Apples products I believe they are second to none. My wife has had iPhone from the day Apple and AT&T launched it. If Apple had moved to a larger screen sooner then later I most likely would have been using iPhone sooner. I have a nexus 5 I wish I could install iOS or any other OS on that I just like to tinker and try different things that’s all.
    Just ignore Hank. It makes life on this forum easier. It's a shame someone with that much life experience has to be so against ideas that are neat for tech enthusiasts but don't line up with his pro-Apple agenda.

One user's neat idea is Hank's hair-brained scheme. Glad I'm on his ignore list so I can call him out without listening to his hissy fits.
    11-08-2014 10:43 AM
    Remember this Commercial.

Apple - Think Different Commercial

cmrobbins42 likes this.
    11-08-2014 11:22 AM
    No. If I wanted to "tinker", I would get an Android phone with that operating system on it.
    11-09-2014 10:39 AM
    Nope. I've never used anything android, ever, and i don't plan on it in the future.
    11-09-2014 12:11 PM
    I don't like the idea. I chose to pick up an iPhone 6 this time over an android flagship.

No real reasons tho, just trying something different.
    I do have to say that I think android as OS is More easy to get your settings right + way more options to customise.

But like I said before, I choose iPhone now and not android. I choose a "simple" phone that cannot change the looks of the OS etc and with a slightly worse battery life. But I do use my phone a little less now which compensate's a lot, lol.
    11-10-2014 12:45 PM
    On an iPhone, no. I'd rather get a note 4 if I'd stick with Android.

Plus, iOS is optimized for the lower specs of an iPhone, particularly RAM. Android would struggle on an iPhone with just 1gb. There's a reason the note3/4 have 3gb.

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    11-10-2014 04:23 PM
    if there was...um a bootcamp option, yes I would but only if there was a windows option. I have android devices. I also wouldn't use it for apps because that's a reason why I came back to iOS. I have yet to see a functioning windows phone in person.
    11-10-2014 04:36 PM
    No, because there are plenty of very nice Android hardware options.
    TomsAndroid likes this.
    11-10-2014 04:41 PM
    why would anyone in their right mind want to do this?
    11-10-2014 05:13 PM
205 12345 ...