Avoid using pin when using Apple Pay?

dmbpettit

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know of a way to avoid having to use my pin when using the debit card attached to my Apple Pay? Similar to using the debit card as a credit card?

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know of a way to avoid having to use my pin when using the debit card attached to my Apple Pay? Similar to using the debit card as a credit card?

Not that I can think of. You can contact your bank for different card options. Most banks are moving towards chip and pin tech.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site

Select pay as credit instead of debit when the option appears on the PoS terminal. If that option does not appear then it's likely your bank has set it up so that it will work only as debit via Apple Pay; so your PIN will be required.

metacuate

May 3, 2013
Visit site
No, I know you can use a debit CARD but I didn't know you could utilize debit transactions... Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of tap to pay?

It runs the same...exactly the same...as when you swipe it, just that it sends a token and device acct number. So if it would require a pin if you swiped, it still does. McDs doesnt but swiping a debit doesnt either, thats how their system is set up. 99% of the time hitting cancel and selecting credit solves the issue, but apple has no control over the processing side, thats up to processors and banks.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2