Hello guys,

I purchased my iPhone 6 last Friday from local carrier Orange.
    Being at work i didn`t have iTunes installed on my PC so i set it up as new.
    It worked great and the battery life was remarcable (used it all day and by 10 pm i still had 20% left).
    Also from Saturday to Sunday night being left unpluged from charger it went from 90% to 88%.
    After all yesterday i backed it up from iTunes (all the data i had on my iph5).
    From that point it began to consume battery like my old one.
    For example : 1 hour usage - 30% of the battery gone.
    I restored it as new but it still doesn`t work as it did in the first 2 days.

Do you have any clue?

Thank you
    11-04-2014 06:24 AM
    some times a clean install is good to do- gets rid of unwanted files. I restored my 6 as new as well- maybe thats an option-
    11-04-2014 07:59 AM
    Thank you for your opinion.
    I already restored mine as new, but it still acts like that from battery point of view.
    11-04-2014 08:06 AM
    Everyones app usage is going to differ.. Screen brightness, background app refresh, push setting etc.

Have you gone through and Audit your device and toggle some stuff off which might help in the long run
    11-04-2014 09:20 AM
    @ John
    I totally agree.
    My main question is why in 3 days the battery life changed so much? and mostly after i had restored it from back up.
    11-05-2014 06:31 AM
    Which does the battery usage screen look like?
    11-05-2014 10:00 AM
    Settings>General>Usage>Battery Usage
    11-05-2014 10:18 AM
    Hello guys,

After all yesterday i backed it up from iTunes (all the data i had on my iph5).
    From that point it began to consume battery like my old one.
    Thank you
    I'm assuming you "restored" a backup you made of your iPhone 5 to your new iPhone 6. If so, you restored the problem. Restore it as new again, and set everything up manually; NOT from a backup.
    11-05-2014 10:56 AM
    Sometimes when there's any major change, such as a system update or a restore, many apps may get reset to a default position in location services, background app refresh, and other settings. Check to make sure everything is toggled off that needs to be off. Also, after a change we sometimes use our device more without realizing it. That's normal, as we want to check everything out. My guess is your battery is fine. But if you're worried there's something wrong with your battery, take this test. It came from a former Genius Bar technician.
    Write down your usage and standby time, press the sleep/wake button (or lock button, as some call it) to put the device to sleep, and set the device down for five minutes. When you come back, take note of the change in time. If your device is sleeping properly, then the Standby time should have increased by five minutes and your Usage time by <1 minute . If your Usage time rises by more than one minute, you have a drain problem. Something is keeping your device from sleeping properly, significantly shortening the time it will last.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
    11-05-2014 11:18 AM
    Sometimes when there's any major change, such as a system update or a restore, many apps may get reset to a default position in location services, background app refresh, and other settings.
    Don't forget to turn off Air Drop unless you need it.
    11-05-2014 06:55 PM
    Don't forget to turn off Air Drop unless you need it.
    iOS Updates always turns Bluetooth on. I never use it. Not yet anyway. But I don't think Bluetooth uses much battery.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
    11-05-2014 07:53 PM
    iOS Updates always turns Bluetooth on. I never use it. Not yet anyway. But I don't think Bluetooth uses much battery.
    I leave Bluetooth on but turn Air Drop off.
    11-05-2014 07:58 PM
    Thanks @Ledsteplin
    I will sure that test you suggested.
    11-07-2014 01:29 AM
    @JustMe`D
    After i restored from backup and saw how my battery was working, by afternoon i restored it as new.
    But it`s acting the same way
    11-07-2014 01:31 AM
    There are a few things you should check if I were you. Background app refresh under settings and then general. Facebook is also a hog so if you Facebook a lot make sure you kill it when you're done. Bluetooth doesn't generally consume too much battery. Also some apps that haven't been updated to iOS 8 can consume battery as they aren't optimize to the new software. It's hard to help you exactly as we don't know which apps you use the most. Another thing you can do is restore and setup as new and don't install any apps for a few hours and leave on standby check back in a few hours and see where your battery stands.
    11-10-2014 11:29 PM