iPhone 6 wont last long?

avital

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
I heard a lot of rumors about Iphone 6 will have a pretty short lifespan.
It made me surprised since Apple usually supports their phones for a long time, and iPhone 6 is new, its the future i was thinking. Then i read about the reasons this morning. Can this really be true somewhat??

"Developers and Apple will still be aware of the earlier phones. With the iphone 5-6/6+ having 1GB of RAM, you can bet it'll stick around a bit longer. No doubt, though, that it will be shorter. I'm betting with the iPhone 7, we'll see that the short lifespan of iPhone 6 predicting probably will take place."

"It is almost certain that the next iPhone (6S?) will have 2GB of RAM. That will create some degree of fragmentation for both Apple's iOS developers and third party developers. In order to capture the greatest market, third party developers will likely continue to develop around a 1GB RAM benchmark. Apple on the other hand, will likely develop iOS 9 with features that require 2GB of RAM, and a more limited-function iOS 9 for iPhone 6 and earlier"

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
It does not matter to me how long this iP6 is supported, but I'm sure it'll be at least the next two years, anyways I'm already planning on upgrading to iP6s or whatever it it's called.

Sent from my wrapped in leather iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I guess you can say the same thing about every iPhone that comes before the current model. The last two iPhone models have 64 bit processors. But the iPhone 5 that doesn't have the 64 bit processor runs just fine and is updated to the new OS. That phone was released two years ago.

Sent from my Space Grey, 128 GB, iPhone 6 Plus (that took 5 weeks to ship to me through AT&T) using Tapatalk

avital

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
I guess you can say the same thing about every iPhone that comes before the current model. The last two iPhone models have 64 bit processors. But the iPhone 5 that doesn't have the 64 bit processor runs just fine and is updated to the new OS. That phone was released two years ago.

Sent from my Space Grey, 128 GB, iPhone 6 Plus (that took 5 weeks to ship to me through AT&T) using Tapatalk

True. But still they say Iphone 5s have longer lifespan than Iphone 5c because of the 64 bit processors. Or at lease that its more future proof than the 5c

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
True. But still they say Iphone 5s have longer lifespan than Iphone 5c because of the 64 bit processors. Or at lease that its more future proof than the 5c

I wouldn't worry about it too much. I think that those of us who bought one of this year's models will be good for at least a couple of years. And the iPhone 5c that you mentioned seemed more of a budget option whereas the models released this year were flagship.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site

You know, I love my 5c but apps are just downright wonky since I updated to 8.1. However I just bought a 5s this past Saturday. I'm not having any of the same issues. It's totally making me think the apps are more compatible with the 64Bit architecture.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
You know, I love my 5c but apps are just downright wonky since I updated to 8.1. However I just bought a 5s this past Saturday. I'm not having any of the same issues. It's totally making me think the apps are more compatible with the 64Bit architecture.

My wife and son both have the 4s upgraded to 8.1 both phones seem to be operating fine, if they weren't I'm the one they come to. No complaints so far knock on wood.

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
I think you need to check out those benchmarks on imore.com

the iPhone 5S still beats a lot of competitors or is close to it and iPhone 6 is better than 5S - so there you have it.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
The iPhone 4S and iPad 2 are both still supported. Both are 3 years old. So I'm thinking the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus will be supported for at least 2 to 3 years. They may not run the newest OS or apps as well as the newer iPhones at that time, but they aren't going to be obsolete and forgotten by Apple by next year.

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
If I had a nickel for every crazy rumor that had no basis in fact, then I would have a lot of nickels.

If you're a person who believes every rumor that comes down the pike, then you're going to be easily convinced of many false things in life.

Given that Apple is continuing support for much older and less capable hardware (iPad 2 is getting iOS8 for crying out loud), then I would take silly rumors like that with a very large grain of salt.

Hey...I heard a rumor that Apple is not going to sell iPhones anymore but will be getting into the produce market (get it...Apples?). If the rumor exists, then it MUST be true, right?

codyoehl

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
And I personally I have the JUMP program so a new phone every six months, meaning I can always get the latest and the greatest
They changed it now so you can upgrade anytime but you have to pay off half the phone (meaning once a year without paying extra out of pocket)
Makes more sense for them but I'm just glad I could keep the old one

avital

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
If multitasking ever appears in a future iOS (which is a no brainer with the current screen size), all devices with 1GB or less will likely underperform or simply won't get the functionality. There is a chance this could happen with the 6. You have the larger screen but won't get the goodies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal