Battery life really bad on Iphone 6. I dont understand what trick you guys are pulling when you post screenshots of 8-12 hours usage time.

I have background refresh off, and all the other location stuff off too. The weather location is on, and find my phone too.

Brightness set to 45% and never use Bluetooth.

From a full charge i get 6 hours and 20 min usage and 21 hours and 32 min stand by.

Half day on wifi and half on LTE or 3G.

No power draining apps. Just Instagram, Messages, Email, Safari once in a while, and 2 Youtube video clips for like 10 minutes on wifi.
    11-02-2014 02:24 PM
    Battery life really bad on Iphone 6. I dont understand what trick you guys are pulling when you post screenshots of 8-12 hours usage time.

I have background refresh off, and all the other location stuff off too. The weather location is on, and find my phone too.

From a full charge i get 6 hours and 20 min usage and 21 hours and 32 min stand by.

No power draining apps. Just Instagram, Messages, Email, Safari once in a while, and 2 Youtube video clips for like 10 minutes on wifi.
    No hoax at all. I use my phone and I get the battery I get.

One big thing that can greatly impact battery life is reception. LTE, when not consistently available and the phone has to search, drains battery. Also your Push schedule on your email accounts..
    mistabritt, serglb and TomsAndroid like this.
    11-02-2014 02:35 PM
    Push is also disabled. I check emails manual. Its very strange you get so much battery life from your Iphone 6. I have seen your screenshots. 6 hours 20 minutes is what you get from 100% down to 1%. And im not a gamer, and i dont have Facebook, wifi on at home.
    11-02-2014 02:45 PM
    No hoax here dude, I have all those services turned on that you have turned off and I’ll go all day on my iP6 Bluetooth I only use when in the car so I’ll turn that off here’s screen shot from today.Battery life hoax-2014-11-02-14.50.50.png
    mistabritt likes this.
    11-02-2014 03:04 PM
    You may need to calibrate it by letting it drain all the way down to zero, then charge it up all the way. I usually do this at least once a month. My battery from day to day depends on how much I use it, but for the most part, my battery lasts all day, with plenty left over before I head to bed each night. For instance, I charge it up every night, take it off charger before I leave for work and after my 12 hour shift, once I get home I tend to have anywhere between 40 and 50% of battery life left.
    11-02-2014 03:17 PM

You're not getting anywhere near that if you actually use the phone. Now if you barely do anything with it those numbers are attainable. Apple favors thin over battery life, so maybe someone will make a thin battery case for the 6. If you want good battery life, iPhones aren't the way to go.
    11-02-2014 03:23 PM
    Battery size is not indicative of battery life. My androids had bigger batteries than any of my iPhones and I got atrocious battery life with them. I get the best battery life with iPhones.

OP, your probably upset but this isn't some giant conspiracy to make avital think he is getting bad battery life. If you think you have an issue, post your usage here(a screenshot) and also post your reception. If we still can't help you then making up conspiracy hypotheses is the least productive thing you can do. Go to the Apple store.
    mistabritt and jburke82 like this.
    11-02-2014 03:31 PM
    You're not getting anywhere near that if you actually use the phone. Now if you barely do anything with it those numbers are attainable. Apple favors thin over battery life, so maybe someone will make a thin battery case for the 6. If you want good battery life, iPhones aren't the way to go.
    So you mean the "trick" people do here is to use the phone as little as possible then post those great batterylife screenshots?
    11-02-2014 03:31 PM
    IBattery life hoax-imageuploadedbytapatalk1414960355.468076.jpg

I use mine constantly. I watch Netflix and browse the web. The numbers are achievable but it varies from day to day.
    H_D and precon22 like this.
    11-02-2014 03:34 PM
    Battery size is not indicative of battery life. My androids had bigger batteries than any of my iPhones and I got atrocious battery life with them. I get the best battery life with iPhones.

OP, your probably upset but this isn't some giant conspiracy to make avital think he is getting bad battery life. If you think you have an issue, post your usage here(a screenshot) and also post your reception. If we still can't help you then making up conspiracy hypotheses is the least productive thing you can do. Go to the Apple store.
    Ok, i will give you a screenshots here in my next post! Then give me your professional opinion please....
    11-02-2014 03:34 PM
    So you mean the "trick" people do here is to use the phone as little as possible then post those great batterylife screenshots?
    Those screenshots mean very little. The way Apple lays it out, doesn't tell much. I've yet to see a screenshot of anyone using something that used the screen more than 50%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    11-02-2014 03:35 PM
    11-02-2014 03:38 PM
    I'm sorry but my phone is not on lock screen. I'm using it. I've got no reason to misrepresent what I get.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤
    11-02-2014 03:50 PM
    No trick. I've explained reception is a huge issue. I really get over a day in WiFi. If I browse in the underground I get a 10% drop in one hour.

I've got no reason to lie.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤
    11-02-2014 03:53 PM
    Maybe its just that some devices, like mine, are faulty, while others have better working devices. That would explain my battery issues.
    11-02-2014 04:41 PM
    No trick. I've explained reception is a huge issue. I really get over a day in WiFi. If I browse in the underground I get a 10% drop in one hour.

I've got no reason to lie.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4
    Yep, but I have seen a few here who average 4 hours per day usage, and post a 3 day battery charge. This old tired 15 month old heavily used iP5 would look good on battery usage if I only used it for 4 hours per day. Most are honest screenshots. And the 6 and 6+ do get great battery life. And I do think the OP has an issue somewhere. Either in settings or a weak wifi/cellular signal.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
    11-02-2014 04:43 PM
    So you mean more software related than hardware issues then?

I have full wifi at home, and no active push. Screen is at 45% and i dont use Bluetooth, location services i use is: weather, Compass, cellular search, movement calibration, time zone, wifi network, and diagnose and usages.
    11-02-2014 04:52 PM
    Yep, but I have seen a few here who average 4 hours per day usage, and post a 3 day battery charge. This old tired 15 month old heavily used iP5 would look good on battery usage if I only used it for 4 hours per day. Most are honest screenshots. And the 6 and 6+ do get great battery life. And I do think the OP has an issue somewhere. Either in settings or a weak wifi/cellular signal.
    Exactly. I live on the edge of an LTE signal area, so at home, I am almost totally wifi. I get through the day with about 60% battery remaining. If I’m out and about, I use almost double the battery in the course of a day. Regardless, I can easily get through the day without worrying about recharging or taking steps to reduce battery consumption artificially. I have gone 2 days with battery to spare as a test. And any screen shots of my battery stats are 100% legit.

As always, your usage and experience may be different than mine.
    jmr1015 likes this.
    11-02-2014 04:54 PM
    Exactly. I live on the edge of an LTE signal area, so at home, I am almost totally wifi. I get through the day with about 60% battery remaining. If Im out and about, I use almost double the battery in the course of a day. Regardless, I can easily get through the day without worrying about recharging or taking steps to reduce battery consumption artificially. I have gone 2 days with battery to spare as a test. And any screen shots of my battery stats are 100% legit.

As always, your usage and experience may be different than mine.
    Hank, someone over on the 6+ battery thread shows 25 active hours of usage on 1%. I don't mean it shows 1%. It shows 99%.? Photoshop? Maybe I looked at it wrong.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
    11-02-2014 05:00 PM
    Hank, someone over on the 6+ battery thread shows 25 active hours of usage on 1%. I don't mean it shows 1%. It shows 99%.? Photoshop? Maybe I looked at it wrong.

Yeah, would not even consider that stuff to be real. But I’d think and hope that those kind of shenanigans are rare.
    11-02-2014 05:03 PM
    Your wireless carrier can impact battery life as well. Not just reception. Some carrier's settings are better optimized, I guess... With my iPhone 4, I switched between carriers a few times, and average battery life varied greatly from one carrier to the next.
    11-02-2014 06:36 PM
    No hoaxes here, the iPhone 6 has phenomenal battery life.

Post #1500 haha
    11-02-2014 06:45 PM
    Depends on your usage, if you are a heavy user who plays alot of games you will not get the 24 hour battery usage periods these guys are getting. But if you think you aren't a heavy user and are getting less like good battery life on the 6, get a replacement for it at the Apple store.
    11-02-2014 07:31 PM
    Maybe its just that some devices, like mine, are faulty, while others have better working devices. That would explain my battery issues.
    I'm beginning to think mine is faulty. It oftentimes goes to no service. I'm going to get a new sim tomorrow see if that helps, otherwise will have to make a trip to the Apple Store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    11-02-2014 08:44 PM
    I'm seeing that you are playing two games in your screenshots. I'm not a big gamer now but I do know that when I was playing Plague Inc. and Game of War(May that game forever burn in hell) on my iPhone 5, it drained battery extremely quickly. The same was true for games on my iPad when I had it. Almost all of the screenshots, if I remember correctly, don't have game play in them. Also, your top usage is Safari. Web browsing is always dependent on the signal. I get great battery life while using Safari when I am at home but when I am at my girlfriend's house(her router doesn't output a strong signal and there is really bad LTE reception, my battery is quite a bit worse. If you are sure something is wrong, Apple(if there is a store near by) will look at your diagnostics and see if there is an issue.

Unfortunately, all these batteries are not created equal. These things are so complicated that even a differing density of metal can change things drastically. Millions and millions of these things are being mass produced and there are going to be duds. If you think you got one of those duds, seriously take it back. I know you want things to be the best they can be(I would feel the same in your position) but your battery life is still better than most phones out now.
    avital likes this.
    11-02-2014 11:20 PM
61 123