Battery life hoax

avital

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Battery life really bad on Iphone 6. I dont understand what trick you guys are pulling when you post screenshots of 8-12 hours usage time.

I have background refresh off, and all the other location stuff off too. The weather location is on, and find my phone too.

Brightness set to 45% and never use Bluetooth.

From a full charge i get 6 hours and 20 min usage and 21 hours and 32 min stand by.

Half day on wifi and half on LTE or 3G.

No power draining apps. Just Instagram, Messages, Email, Safari once in a while, and 2 Youtube video clips for like 10 minutes on wifi.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Battery life really bad on Iphone 6. I dont understand what trick you guys are pulling when you post screenshots of 8-12 hours usage time.

I have background refresh off, and all the other location stuff off too. The weather location is on, and find my phone too.

From a full charge i get 6 hours and 20 min usage and 21 hours and 32 min stand by.

No power draining apps. Just Instagram, Messages, Email, Safari once in a while, and 2 Youtube video clips for like 10 minutes on wifi.

No hoax at all. I use my phone and I get the battery I get.

One big thing that can greatly impact battery life is reception. LTE, when not consistently available and the phone has to search, drains battery. Also your Push schedule on your email accounts..

avital

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Push is also disabled. I check emails manual. Its very strange you get so much battery life from your Iphone 6. I have seen your screenshots. 6 hours 20 minutes is what you get from 100% down to 1%. And im not a gamer, and i dont have Facebook, wifi on at home.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
No hoax here dude, I have all those services turned on that you have turned off and I’ll go all day on my iP6 Bluetooth I only use when in the car so I’ll turn that off here’s screen shot from today.2014-11-02 14.50.50.png

mistabritt

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
You may need to calibrate it by letting it drain all the way down to zero, then charge it up all the way. I usually do this at least once a month. My battery from day to day depends on how much I use it, but for the most part, my battery lasts all day, with plenty left over before I head to bed each night. For instance, I charge it up every night, take it off charger before I leave for work and after my 12 hour shift, once I get home I tend to have anywhere between 40 and 50% of battery life left.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

You're not getting anywhere near that if you actually use the phone. Now if you barely do anything with it those numbers are attainable. Apple favors thin over battery life, so maybe someone will make a thin battery case for the 6. If you want good battery life, iPhones aren't the way to go.

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Battery size is not indicative of battery life. My androids had bigger batteries than any of my iPhones and I got atrocious battery life with them. I get the best battery life with iPhones.

OP, your probably upset but this isn't some giant conspiracy to make avital think he is getting bad battery life. If you think you have an issue, post your usage here(a screenshot) and also post your reception. If we still can't help you then making up conspiracy hypotheses is the least productive thing you can do. Go to the Apple store.

avital

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
You're not getting anywhere near that if you actually use the phone. Now if you barely do anything with it those numbers are attainable. Apple favors thin over battery life, so maybe someone will make a thin battery case for the 6. If you want good battery life, iPhones aren't the way to go.

So you mean the "trick" people do here is to use the phone as little as possible then post those great batterylife screenshots?

iTechHead

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site

IImageUploadedByTapatalk1414960355.468076.jpg

I use mine constantly. I watch Netflix and browse the web. The numbers are achievable but it varies from day to day.

avital

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Battery size is not indicative of battery life. My androids had bigger batteries than any of my iPhones and I got atrocious battery life with them. I get the best battery life with iPhones.

OP, your probably upset but this isn't some giant conspiracy to make avital think he is getting bad battery life. If you think you have an issue, post your usage here(a screenshot) and also post your reception. If we still can't help you then making up conspiracy hypotheses is the least productive thing you can do. Go to the Apple store.

Ok, i will give you a screenshots here in my next post! Then give me your professional opinion please....

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
So you mean the "trick" people do here is to use the phone as little as possible then post those great batterylife screenshots?

Those screenshots mean very little. The way Apple lays it out, doesn't tell much. I've yet to see a screenshot of anyone using something that used the screen more than 50%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry but my phone is not on lock screen. I'm using it. I've got no reason to misrepresent what I get.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
No trick. I've explained reception is a huge issue. I really get over a day in WiFi. If I browse in the underground I get a 10% drop in one hour.

I've got no reason to lie.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤

avital

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Maybe its just that some devices, like mine, are faulty, while others have better working devices. That would explain my battery issues.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
No trick. I've explained reception is a huge issue. I really get over a day in WiFi. If I browse in the underground I get a 10% drop in one hour.

I've got no reason to lie.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4

Yep, but I have seen a few here who average 4 hours per day usage, and post a 3 day battery charge. This old tired 15 month old heavily used iP5 would look good on battery usage if I only used it for 4 hours per day. Most are honest screenshots. And the 6 and 6+ do get great battery life. And I do think the OP has an issue somewhere. Either in settings or a weak wifi/cellular signal. :)

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

avital

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
So you mean more software related than hardware issues then?

I have full wifi at home, and no active push. Screen is at 45% and i dont use Bluetooth, location services i use is: weather, Compass, cellular search, movement calibration, time zone, wifi network, and diagnose and usages.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Yep, but I have seen a few here who average 4 hours per day usage, and post a 3 day battery charge. This old tired 15 month old heavily used iP5 would look good on battery usage if I only used it for 4 hours per day. Most are honest screenshots. And the 6 and 6+ do get great battery life. And I do think the OP has an issue somewhere. Either in settings or a weak wifi/cellular signal. :)

Exactly. I live on the edge of an LTE signal area, so at home, I am almost totally wifi. I get through the day with about 60% battery remaining. If I’m out and about, I use almost double the battery in the course of a day. Regardless, I can easily get through the day without worrying about recharging or taking steps to reduce battery consumption artificially. I have gone 2 days with battery to spare as a test. And any screen shots of my battery stats are 100% legit.

As always, your usage and experience may be different than mine.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Exactly. I live on the edge of an LTE signal area, so at home, I am almost totally wifi. I get through the day with about 60% battery remaining. If I?m out and about, I use almost double the battery in the course of a day. Regardless, I can easily get through the day without worrying about recharging or taking steps to reduce battery consumption artificially. I have gone 2 days with battery to spare as a test. And any screen shots of my battery stats are 100% legit.

As always, your usage and experience may be different than mine.

Hank, someone over on the 6+ battery thread shows 25 active hours of usage on 1%. I don't mean it shows 1%. It shows 99%.? Photoshop? Maybe I looked at it wrong.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Hank, someone over on the 6+ battery thread shows 25 active hours of usage on 1%. I don't mean it shows 1%. It shows 99%.? Photoshop? Maybe I looked at it wrong.

Yeah, would not even consider that stuff to be real. But I’d think and hope that those kind of shenanigans are rare.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR