My 6 running IOS 8.1 did not adjust clock for DST

dusty78

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Damn phone woke me up an hour early. If I set it to automatic with my time zone (NY) it still defaults an hour ahead. I have to turn off automatic time adjustment. Anyone else having this issue?

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Damn phone woke me up an hour early. If I set it to automatic with my time zone (NY) it still defaults an hour ahead. I have to turn off automatic time adjustment. Anyone else having this issue?

Nope. Not having the issue you experienced..... We just had daylight savings the other week and it automatically adjusted the time for me perfectly..I always have time zone on... Are YOU running the latest OS?

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Mine worked fine this morning. I was surprised bc this has been a bug multiple times with previous ios releases for me. It even updated my pebble correctly and my Up24 band. But I will say I'm surprised bc it has been a miserable failure in the past.

dusty78

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
It might be a network issue. If I have it set to automatic it changes it to an hour ahead. I can manually change it to the correct time but when I turn automatic on it goes to 1x for a second then cycles to LTE and as soon as it does it changes the time one hour ahead. I'm on sprint. This is strange.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

Nope. I live in Arizona. We don?t screw around with our clocks here. NO DST. :)

It could be an issue with your cellular provider or a rogue cell tower.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

I was going to say you got an extra hour as a gift, use it for something fun. Truth is you probably used it to troubleshoot why the phone woke you up. ;) I would say it's a carrier issue -- maybe someone else with Sprint will chime in.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
DST worked on my AT&T iP6 and on my VzW iP6 Plus.

Could have been a carrier issue that the time change didn't push.

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Sprint here...same thing. Woke up an hour early and didn't realize it until I was almost to work. Oh well, I was on time today lol

wherefore1

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
My 6 also woke me up an hour early today. It's got the latest updates and set to automatic for time stuff... I had to shut off and turn it on for it to show the correct time. What's up with this...kind of a major glitch I'd say. Husband's blackberry did what it was supposed to (awkward, Apple!) ps we have verizon but how could that make a difference?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I've never had a problem with any phone I ever had updating the time changes. That includes the flip phones. I do usually forget to set the coffee maker. It's not as smart as my phone!

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Fit24

Trusted Member
Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
My phone's Date & Time setting is set to "Set Automatically" and updated with no problems. I'm on Sprint and in the EST time zone.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I've never had a problem with any phone I ever had updating the time changes. That includes the flip phones. I do usually forget to set the coffee maker. It's not as smart as my phone!

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

That's why I live in Arizona. No muss, no fuss. No monkeying around with the clocks.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR