So I'm beginning to do a switch from Nexus 5 to the iPhone 6 and been wondering the best way to transfer my phone contacts without any corruption. I already have my contacts saved in my Gmail account so will that do the trick and is the best way to go for? Or is there another way for this?
    11-01-2014 11:50 AM
    When you set up your gmail in the iOS device, the contacts will automatically download as will calendar email etc.

Good luck and enjoy

Sent from my 6/128/SG using Tapatalk
    11-01-2014 11:58 AM
    The question is, can I delete the Gmail account later once it has been restored from it? I mean, the contacts will be saved in the phone itself even if I removed Gmail later will I still have the contacts or it will go?
    11-01-2014 12:12 PM
    Someone can feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but I believe it might ask you if you want to delete the contacts from your phone or leave them.
    11-03-2014 07:47 AM
    The question is, can I delete the Gmail account later once it has been restored from it? I mean, the contacts will be saved in the phone itself even if I removed Gmail later will I still have the contacts or it will go?
    Once you delete the account from your phone the contacts will disappear as well.
    11-03-2014 09:20 AM
    I used gmail to transfer contacts as well as Verizon Back up assistant. I put them in a folder that's rarely used.
    11-03-2014 09:25 AM
    I would think that once you have your contacts on your device, just back them up in iCloud. Toggle "Contacts" on in iCloud. If you delete your Gmail Contacts, you should still have them in iCloud. Some of my contacts have both a Gmail and an iCloud contact info card. I may be wrong, but I would think they would still be in iCloud.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
    11-03-2014 09:49 AM
    Can anyone confirm this please?
    11-24-2014 03:50 PM
    I would think that once you have your contacts on your device, just back them up in iCloud. Toggle "Contacts" on in iCloud. If you delete your Gmail Contacts, you should still have them in iCloud. Some of my contacts have both a Gmail and an iCloud contact info card. I may be wrong, but I would think they would still be in iCloud.

I don't think that will work; all that will do is show you iCloud contacts on your iPhone.

@Nabooy; How To Transfer Your Google Contacts to iPhone via iCloud

A Mac is not required.
    11-25-2014 01:42 PM
    I don't think that will work; all that will do is show you iCloud contacts on your iPhone.

@Nabooy; How To Transfer Your Google Contacts to iPhone via iCloud

A Mac is not required.
    Thanks for the tip! But can I remove and turn off the contacts for Gmail app once I've them transferred to iCloud? Will it show the contacts on the phone from Gmail still or iCloud? This OS is so confusing to be honest.
    11-25-2014 08:17 PM
    I used an app for ios and android called something like "copy my data". Worked flawlessly

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    11-30-2014 12:31 PM
    Thanks for the tip! But can I remove and turn off the contacts for Gmail app once I've them transferred to iCloud? Will it show the contacts on the phone from Gmail still or iCloud? This OS is so confusing to be honest.
    Mine show both. When I go to a contact's info card, and scroll down, I see both Gmail and iCloud. I can tap on either. Tap Gmail, and it opens to the Gmail contact card. Same with iCloud. The profile photo may be different as with other info. Most are the same. Go to a contact and scroll down and see this in "Linked Contacts".
    How to transfer phone contacts?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1417369909.065500.jpg

11-30-2014 12:51 PM