I have the silicon cases for the 6 and 6 plus. They work great. My only complaint is they stick to the inside of my slacks now and then and I get the empty pocket look if I forget to put the fabric back in.
    11-01-2014 10:51 AM
    I have two leather cases and one silicone case. The leather cases provide just enough grip to make the phone easier to hold. The silicone case is more grippy, which is nice when out walking about, but it does attract a little more lint (and in my situation, dog hair) and is a little more difficult to extract from your pants/shorts pockets. I prefer the leather for most situations. As far as protection, I wouldn't consider either to be great. Not much "padding" and both are rather open on the bottom. I got AppleCare+ when I bought my phone, so for now, I'm just hoping I don't need it. Sometime in the future, I'll get a LifeProof or other waterproof case to use when in less ideal conditions.

Edit: Also, if you're near an Apple Store, they should have some demo units to see how they feel in hand.
    11-01-2014 11:27 AM
    When I got my iPhone 6 I went into the store intending to get the black leather. I held the silicone because the sales guy had one, and it felt so smooth and nice....about a month later I still am amazed by it. I don't think you will go wrong getting either, but I Love the silicone one. It does gather a little lint in the pocket, but most times you can even blow it off, a very lightly dampened cloth makes it look like brand new. I love how you can just "slide" dust of the front to the phone because the bumper doesn't go all the way around - people said this was a bad design, I think it's genius. Between the case and the phone this is the best my phone has ever looked :-)
    11-01-2014 06:57 PM
    I ordered the black silicone and the olive leather. I'll report back when I get them.

Sent from my iPhone 6 finally!
    11-01-2014 07:16 PM
    I ordered the black silicone and the olive leather. I'll report back when I get them.

Sent from my iPhone 6 finally!
    Love my brown/olive leather! It looks sweet on the space grey phone.
    CDG likes this.
    11-01-2014 07:20 PM
    Love my brown/olive leather! It looks sweet on the space grey phone.
    Hi, Can you please post some pics of this combination.
    11-02-2014 10:06 PM
    I have them both. The blue leather and the red silicone. I really like them both.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    11-02-2014 11:26 PM
    I go with the silicone case - it easy to clean, retains it shape and last longer. Leather will fade and get dirty!
    11-03-2014 12:31 AM
    Also I did see a drop test (on youtube) where the silicone did a better job protecting the phone than the leather one did. And silicone won't wear like leather--which could be a good or bad thing.
    11-03-2014 10:30 AM
    I actually own both the leather and silicone case, the silicone case actually fits and looks better than leather. Leather only took one day to have a scuff. The silicone still looks new after 2 weeks. I do often switch but silicone does seem to last longer than leather

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    deedeebear likes this.
    11-03-2014 03:14 PM
    Well I saw an an video about how iPhone 6 lasts when dropped from different heights with Apple leather case and silicon. For some reason the leather one got shattered glass where silicon version bounced off the concrete, thus saving the glass from impact. The leather one just *thud* on concrete without any bouncing.
    Those tests were not very scientific....I would not base your decision on that alone.
    09-12-2015 11:35 AM
36 12