What screen protector are you using???

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I have a pack of the cheap ?2.50($4) matte protectors by SAMSAR on Amazon and I love them!

I've always used screen protectors with my iPhone's purely for peace of mind whilst my iPhone is in my pocket incase keys or money scratch the screen or just so I can use the matte protectors which stop fingerprints and look great cosmetically. I've tried the expensive protectors and whilst they add impact protection I just don't like the clear protectors and most of the glass ones are clear. I also quite like putting a few protector on every few months!

I've been fitting screen protectors every few months since 2007 and the first iPhone so have got pretty good until recently I worked out the hinge method to install them and now they're 100% perfect! Incase you don't know here's how.

Ideally if you have the box your iPhone came in take the lid off and place in on the table with the bottom section of the box and the insert where the iPhone was seated in the packaging. Take your iPhone and give it s good wipe with a micro fiber cloth to rid any fingerprints. Lay your iphone into the compartment in the box as it looked the first time you lifted the lid of the box. Take your screen protector and lay it on top of your iPhone. Take a piece of sellotape and stick it to the upper right hand side of the protector and tape another piece and stick it to the protector on the lower right hand side so you have what's effectively two hinges on the same side. Position the protector in place and when happy press the other end of the tape on the side of the box to keep the protector in place and then do the same for the bottom part. You will the need to unpeel the tape from the box slightly to finely adjust the protector into perfect position and restick the tape to the box section when happy. Once you're sure it's perfect carefully lift the other side of the protector that isn't taped down and wipe your screen with a cloth to make sure there's completely no dust particles. Some people run a show for a bit and then do this in the bathroom as the moisture makes dust settle and it doesn't land on your screen once wiped. When you're happy whilst the unhinged section of the protector is lifted carefully peel the 1st side of the protector off ensuring not to touch the sticky surface with your fingers at all. I hold the tab of the top part of the protector whilst I peel the bottom layer off. Once it's off quickly lay the protector back down ensuring to push slightly from the hinged side first and that's it all you need to do is then peel the top layer off and that usually takes the two pieces of tape off the box also and you are 100% guaranteed to have a perfectly aligned protector every single time like this! The fact it's perfectly aligned combined with the fact the bottom part of the protector never really moves more than an inch or so from the iPhone screen means it doesn't collect dust and I've never had a single air bubble in all 20+ times I've done this method on my own devices and friends! This all sounds long winded but just google the hinged hinge iPhone screen protector method and watch a YouTube video. I added the trick of using the iphone box as a cradle to keep the iPhone still as you adjust the alignment and also prevents the tape from sticking to the iPhone itself also. You can obviously just stick the tape to the device itself if you don't have its box.

Good luck! Let me know if any of you tried it successfully.

teleri69

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I am using the Bodyguardz ScreenGuardz Pure for my new iphone 6. ever since this accident with my iphone 4 and the screen guard took all the damage I am sold on them for life

2012-03-03 10.45.52.jpg0128583c1684cb90462df8cc811db071c637f5d3dc.jpg

isaiah orot

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Just got me the iloome tempered glass screen protector . Not impressed with this screen protector . I was better off with my 7 dollar screen protector . It does cover the whole front of the phone . But if you look at it real close there's still lifting on the edge you just can't see it from front view because the edges are black . It is not case friendly . If your case wraps around to the front of the phone you cannot use this screen protector . If your case stops at where the metal meets the glass you'll be fine . Once I put it in my pocket and took it out the edges collected magical lint /dust . For the price I would stay away and just go with a cheaper tempered glass . Though can't blame iloome for trying it is the design of the iphone 6 . I had the same problem with my lg g2 . I also tried taking pics but unfortunately other phone I have is a cheap android and the pics came out to blurry.

MarkY

Oct 27, 2004
Visit site
I'm using a tempered glass protector on my 6 Plus I got from eBay. It supposedly has a 9H hardness rating and three of them only cost $13 total, including shipping. I had a tempered Zagg on my 5S and this appears to be of the same quality at a fraction of the cost.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
The glass protector I bought doesn't cover the entire screen... Is their any out there that do even the plasticy ones?

Not really -- which is why I went with the thin crystal from Media Devil from this post on page 2. It's a lot more 'invisible' since it sits flush with the screen. I always saw the glass ones sitting on top (I had the Verizon and Zagg) but this one I don't notice.

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
I've always liked the screen protectors from Zagg. But I use the Glass one from Zagg now and I absolutely love this screen protector. It looks good and feels even better.

tomtomadv

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
Right now I'm using the InvisibleShield glass screen protector. It's a wonderful screen protector. Although I got it on discount due to a friend working at best buy, so i didn't pay the full 50$. I had them install it, and even though they didn't get it 100% on the active area, it's fine, and I have had no problem with it. A screen protector may be unnecessary depending on what you do daily, but it certainly gives me ease of mind.

Thumb up for InvisibleShield

i507

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Because I haven't had time to go get a screen protector for my iPhone 6, it will be nude for the time being lol...So far my screen has no scratches. I will try and take a pic and post it later. It has been holding up very well. I still do want to try the iloome. Thanks for all of your input on this guys and gals I hope this helps many others.

isaiah orot

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Took off the iloome screenmate . It was to thick could not use any of my thin cases . Got me a armorsuit carbon fiber full body skin . Took about 15min to put on . And it was my first time putting on a wet apply screen protector I really hate wet apply now lol . iMoreAppImg_20141114_002926.jpgiMoreAppImg_20141114_002926.jpg

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
TruProtection finally got theirs out, and they are supposed to be into the Bezel. The clear just got restocked earlier this week so I ordered a few. I should have them today so when I get a chance to check them out and install I will let you know whether or not they work out.

ETA: it's literally a mm, if that, wider than the PowerSupport. So it literally stops at the edge of the active illuminated screen. It covers more top to bottom though. Tomorrow morning Ill take pics to post. Side to side, pretty disappointed in the coverage, top to bottom, pretty pleased.

Last edited:

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Ok here are a few images of the Tru Protection clear films. I also added a shot of the Power Support anti glare for comparison, which is what the Apple Store has, and what I removed to put the Tru Protection on. There's about a mm more width, but it doesn't go into the bezel which is bothersome to me. However the top to bottom coverage is far better. Like..insanely better. I didn't take the case off to install because I wanted to do it before we left for dinner last night, but I have two more packs so if I get time this week I might try to take the Speck off and do it again "correctly" so I can palm the edges down properly.

These are all the truprotection ones:
accordingtoame iphone6 truprotectionclear1.jpgaccordingtoame iphone6 truprotectionclear2.jpgaccordingtoame iphone6 truprotectionclear3.jpg

And here's the Power Support antiglare for comparison--which didn't even cover the active screen.
closeup of screen protector.jpg