Do you ever use your phone witout a case?

avital

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
I take it off maybe once a week to clean it. But that's it.

Sent from my Space Grey, 128 GB, iPhone 6 Plus (that took 5 weeks to ship to me through AT&T) using Tapatalk

Thats really good. But arent you afraid scratching the phone taking it off once a week? Have you ever dropped your phones or a minor bump or anything with the case and still in pristine condition? If so, you must have a really good case! I only have the Apple leather case

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Thats really good. But arent you afraid scratching the phone taking it off once a week? Have you ever dropped your phones or a minor bump or anything with the case and still in pristine condition? If so, you must have a really good case! I only have the Apple leather case

My case won't scratch the phone. It feels more like rubber than anything. And it protects very well against drops. I have the Tech 21 classic tactical case and it is amazing.

Sent from my Space Grey, 128 GB, iPhone 6 Plus (that took 5 weeks to ship to me through AT&T) using Tapatalk

deedeebear

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I tried using my phone without a case. I was in constant fear the whole day! Nope never again only when I'm in bed on top of a really soft comforter.

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I use a case anytime I leave my home. When I'm inside I take the case off because it's such a nice designed phone. My htc one fell face down when I decided to go caseless and ever since they I've cased up. Better to be safe than sorry.

avital

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
My case won't scratch the phone. It feels more like rubber than anything. And it protects very well against drops. I have the Tech 21 classic tactical case and it is amazing.

Do you think that the Apple leather case could protect the phones internal electronic components from minor bumps?
I mean they must suffer the most from a bump, because of the shock. The scratches can be fixed if needed with a new housing.

KarmelVixen

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
The only time I handle my phone w/out a case is when I'm changing cases. When I first got it didn't touch/hold it until the sales rep had but my case & zagg glass on. I would but I just don't trust myself not to royaly mess my phone up.

Last edited:

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Do you think that the Apple leather case could protect the phones internal electronic components from minor bumps?
I mean they must suffer the most from a bump, because of the shock. The scratches can be fixed if needed with a new housing.

I think the Apple leather case does fine for minor drops.

RescueEMT911

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Well, its still interesting - why are those dots there in the first place? I mean on 3 different units?

You really dont have to use a microscope to see it. I saw those dots without microscope the first time. And this afternoon, when i were sitting on the balcony, i saw the spot on my 2nd phone. And i wasnt using a microscope.

See, you really need: 1. white phone 2. right light 3. right angle 4. a very good attention for details (defects). Most people just take a quick look and dont see anything. You really need to study your Iphone, in every angle, different lights, to see those defects. Now im very upset, i takes a lot of energy trying to find the right Apple genius again, going back to Apple Store, worrying if they are going to exchange it or not, will i get yet another defective unit, or will i get a good one?

This is very stressfull, and i have had the case off and on today a couple of times, and i have tried my best to be careful, i have tried to get rid of those damn spots, is this also wearing on my phone? all this case removing? And why are the dots there? Why do i get defective units? I feel so bad right now i dont know if i should break down and cry, or just freak out in a real tantrum over this. Im really on the edge doing something stupid.

Maybe you think this is funny. And thats okey. I can understand that. But for me its a real pain. I cant think or function doing anything else than pounding this over and over. I feel like im going crazy over all this stress. Really hate it. And i know that you say "oh, my phone dont have those spots" but did you really look? Or you just dont care?

I so want a flawless phone, on the other hand, i regret i bought this, its making my life really bad, not only for me but for my family as well. I want it to be PERFECT thats all! And it SHOULD be perfect! Why? Because i bought those phones brand new and not from ebay or anything, i bought them from Apple store brand new with my own money. I saved a lot and spent a lot for this sh*t and its not fair! Its really driving me nuts!

Im sorry if i bother you but i dont know where else to ASK! Apple store sure, but i have to see the same genius as last time, because he did help and understand me. The other guy i met didnt do nothing to help me.

Holy Crap, I am diagnosed with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder by a Psychologist.. And I dont think I have ever been that bad, to use a microscope!? I take my iphone 6 out of the apple leather case a lot and inspect with no problems.. You want to see damage, wait until you try some other cases! The felt and soft leather do a pretty good job protecting the phone when going on or off.. I dunno I have seen your posts on here a lot and I must say they are ummm.. Obsessive? It is just a phone, protect it as best ya can, believe me when I tell you, it hurts worse when you go to sell it and find your mint phone without black dots fetching only a few dollars more than the iphone with a cracked screen..

mitc5502

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Dang, I feel like I'm the only one that doesn't use a case. Every other phone I've bought, I've also sprung for a case, only to stop using the case after a couple weeks...so with the 6 I didn't even bother. The external design elements were a huge motivator for me to upgrade from the 5s, so I sure as hell wasn't going to cover it all up with a case. A few superficial scratches on the back aren't going to affect my enjoyment of this phone, and for catastrophic damage I have AC+.

codyoehl

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
I love the design of the case, but it stresses the mess out of me to use it without a case
I have a screen protector and case on it, and take it off once a while to either clean it and or admire the craftsmanship of the phone

Young Money

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I purchased the iphone red leather case and while it doesn't add much bulk I always end up taking it off during the day because I love the feel of the phone without a case, especially the seamless ness if the glass wrapping to the side of the phone. Although without a case it did seem slippery at first I'm kinda training myself to be more conscious of the phone and I've been running without a case for about a week now, I'm getting used to it and actually prefer it.

BenitoC

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Occasionally I like to take it out of the Apple leather case and clean the dust that can accumulate where the case meets the screen. Then I admire how good looking the iPhone 6 is and browse Flipboard before putting it back in the safety of the case again.