Do you ever use your phone witout a case?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
To add to my previous comment, I like the feel and grip of my Otterbox Defender. I like the bulkiness. It gives me a secure hold or grip while doing photo work. It helps to keep the phone steady. Although I like the look of my phone nekid, I don't care for the feel of it. It feels...well...nekid.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

avital

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Had my case off today but it sure didnt feel good puttning the case back again. Kinda have to squueze the top corners to get the case back on, cant be healthy for the phones coating whatever it is

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Had my case off today but it sure didnt feel good puttning the case back again. Kinda have to squueze the top corners to get the case back on, cant be healthy for the phones coating whatever it is
I can identify with that, because most cases I scuff up the edges and if the phone has an aluminum chassis it would look really ugly, with all the obvious scuffing and scratching... But I need the case for handability so I'm resigned to never taking out my case often if at all.

avital

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
I can identify with that, because most cases I scuff up the edges and if the phone has an aluminum chassis it would look really ugly, with all the obvious scuffing and scratching... But I need the case for handability so I'm resigned to never taking out my case often if at all.

But would it be likely that the Apple leather case, by taking it off and on, wont scuff up the edges on the phone as easily as other cases, or that doesnt matter?

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
But would it be likely that the Apple leather case, by taking it off and on, wont scuff up the edges on the phone as easily as other cases, or that doesnt matter?
If you are gentle with the taking out and putting on of the case, it wouldn't be much of a risk but when one does it over a period of time it is accumulative.

tanknitrous

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I'd like to as I always went naked with the 5S, but the 6 is just too slippery. I'm afraid it'll slip out somewhere. I'm always careful, but accidents happen.

avital

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
If you are gentle with the taking out and putting on of the case, it wouldn't be much of a risk but when one does it over a period of time it is accumulative.

Its hard to be gentle actually putting on the case. I think taking it off a couple of times wont hurt the phone that much. But putting it on will, like you said, scratch up the phone over time.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Never. From the box to a case. The worst one was this year because I wasn't sure on what to order until the very last minute. So when I got it I immediately went to Best Buy and got a cheap gel case that had some grippiness to it. Then I got an off brand girly girl case. Then I got a Spigen.

Now I'm waiting for my Otterbox Symmetry. When they become available on the Note 4 I'll order both together.

avital

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Hasn't this topic been discussed ad nauseam ?
View attachment 69949

Oh no, not at all. Its only just began. Its very important.
Many people remove their case, and take a quick look and think everything is just fine. There is no scratches or scuffs, and there wont be any.

But, i have a little microscope and i can see that it does cause wear when removing the case and putting it on a couple of times.

Another sign of Apple miss quality control for the Iphone 6, is that you can see small tiny black spots somewhere around the frame, between the glass and the frame. Its hard to see without a microscope, but if you look really really careful, and find the right angle, you will be able to see it. I have gone through 3 different phones now, and all 3 got this problem. I dont think you can see it if you have the black model, you need the white to see this. My first Iphone 6 had the black little spot just above the headphone jack. And then i got a new phone from Apple, and spotted the little black dot at the top left corner on the phone.

I had to edit this picture below so you can see what i mean:

headjack.jpg

topleft.jpg

These damn black little dots can be located anywhere. The Apple genius said its the rubber around the glass which is broken. So now im going to replace my 3rd unit tomorrow. I took me a whole day to find this. I checked my phone this morning, in sunlight for 1 hour. Couldnt see anything, and thought it was all good. Then i got home and checked again. Really carefully. Didnt see anything wrong. Later this afternoon sat on the balcony, and thinking im going to do one last check, and then i saw it!

So now im really frustrated, angry and sad. Going back to Apple store once again. I have to call them and ask to see the genius who helped me last time. He knew what he was talking about, and didnt hesitate to give me a new phone.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
Oh no, not at all. Its only just began. Its very important.
Many people remove their case, and take a quick look and think everything is just fine. There is no scratches or scuffs, and there wont be any.

But, i have a little microscope and i can see that it does cause wear when removing the case and putting it on a couple of times.

Another sign of Apple miss quality control for the Iphone 6, is that you can see small tiny black spots somewhere around the frame, between the glass and the frame. Its hard to see without a microscope, but if you look really really careful, and find the right angle, you will be able to see it. I have gone through 3 different phones now, and all 3 got this problem. I dont think you can see it if you have the black model, you need the white to see this. My first Iphone 6 had the black little spot just above the headphone jack. And then i got a new phone from Apple, and spotted the little black dot at the top left corner on the phone.

I had to edit this picture below so you can see what i mean:

View attachment 69955

View attachment 69956

These damn black little dots can be located anywhere. The Apple genius said its the rubber around the glass which is broken. So now im going to replace my 3rd unit tomorrow. I took me a whole day to find this. I checked my phone this morning, in sunlight for 1 hour. Couldnt see anything, and thought it was all good. Then i got home and checked again. Really carefully. Didnt see anything wrong. Later this afternoon sat on the balcony, and thinking im going to do one last check, and then i saw it!

So now im really frustrated, angry and sad. Going back to Apple store once again. I have to call them and ask to see the genius who helped me last time. He knew what he was talking about, and didnt hesitate to give me a new phone.

Okay you just described something completely different from your OP & the title of this thread, so I will still stand by my comment.
Now for what you just posted. There's no doubt in my mind that have a"little microscope" ... ;)

OBF

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Very rarely now. When I had the 5s I rocked it naked on a regular basis. Now that I have the 6+ with the rounded sides I find the phone far more slippery to hold. The apple leather case feels great in my hand and I can say I feel much more confident holding my phone.

avital

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Well, its still interesting - why are those dots there in the first place? I mean on 3 different units?

You really dont have to use a microscope to see it. I saw those dots without microscope the first time. And this afternoon, when i were sitting on the balcony, i saw the spot on my 2nd phone. And i wasnt using a microscope.

See, you really need: 1. white phone 2. right light 3. right angle 4. a very good attention for details (defects). Most people just take a quick look and dont see anything. You really need to study your Iphone, in every angle, different lights, to see those defects. Now im very upset, i takes a lot of energy trying to find the right Apple genius again, going back to Apple Store, worrying if they are going to exchange it or not, will i get yet another defective unit, or will i get a good one?

This is very stressfull, and i have had the case off and on today a couple of times, and i have tried my best to be careful, i have tried to get rid of those damn spots, is this also wearing on my phone? all this case removing? And why are the dots there? Why do i get defective units? I feel so bad right now i dont know if i should break down and cry, or just freak out in a real tantrum over this. Im really on the edge doing something stupid.

Maybe you think this is funny. And thats okey. I can understand that. But for me its a real pain. I cant think or function doing anything else than pounding this over and over. I feel like im going crazy over all this stress. Really hate it. And i know that you say "oh, my phone dont have those spots" but did you really look? Or you just dont care?

I so want a flawless phone, on the other hand, i regret i bought this, its making my life really bad, not only for me but for my family as well. I want it to be PERFECT thats all! And it SHOULD be perfect! Why? Because i bought those phones brand new and not from ebay or anything, i bought them from Apple store brand new with my own money. I saved a lot and spent a lot for this sh*t and its not fair! Its really driving me nuts!

Im sorry if i bother you but i dont know where else to ASK! Apple store sure, but i have to see the same genius as last time, because he did help and understand me. The other guy i met didnt do nothing to help me.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I have had my case on my phone since the first second I owned it. And I do this with all of my smartphones. When it is time to get a new one, I want my device in pristine condition. However, I don't use a screen protector because I have never needed one. A nice case seems to do the trick every time.

Sent from my Space Grey, 128 GB, iPhone 6 Plus (that took 5 weeks to ship to me through AT&T) using Tapatalk

avital

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
I have had my case on my phone since the first second I owned it. And I do this with all of my smartphones. When it is time to get a new one, I want my device in pristine condition. However, I don't use a screen protector because I have never needed one. A nice case seems to do the trick every time.

Sent from my Space Grey, 128 GB, iPhone 6 Plus (that took 5 weeks to ship to me through AT&T) using Tapatalk

Thats good. Do you never take the case off at all at home or just to clean it?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR