I'd like to as I always went naked with the 5S, but the 6 is just too slippery. I'm afraid it'll slip out somewhere. I'm always careful, but accidents happen.
    avital and shief24 like this.
    10-29-2014 10:16 AM
    If you are gentle with the taking out and putting on of the case, it wouldn't be much of a risk but when one does it over a period of time it is accumulative.
    Its hard to be gentle actually putting on the case. I think taking it off a couple of times wont hurt the phone that much. But putting it on will, like you said, scratch up the phone over time.
    10-29-2014 10:20 AM
    Hasn't this topic been discussed ad nauseam ?
    Do you ever use your phone witout a case?-giphy.gif
    10-29-2014 11:44 AM
    Never. From the box to a case. The worst one was this year because I wasn't sure on what to order until the very last minute. So when I got it I immediately went to Best Buy and got a cheap gel case that had some grippiness to it. Then I got an off brand girly girl case. Then I got a Spigen.

Now I'm waiting for my Otterbox Symmetry. When they become available on the Note 4 I'll order both together.
    10-29-2014 11:57 AM
    Hasn't this topic been discussed ad nauseam ?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	giphy.gif 
Views:	120 
Size:	874.8 KB 
ID:	69949
    Oh no, not at all. Its only just began. Its very important.
    Many people remove their case, and take a quick look and think everything is just fine. There is no scratches or scuffs, and there wont be any.

But, i have a little microscope and i can see that it does cause wear when removing the case and putting it on a couple of times.

Another sign of Apple miss quality control for the Iphone 6, is that you can see small tiny black spots somewhere around the frame, between the glass and the frame. Its hard to see without a microscope, but if you look really really careful, and find the right angle, you will be able to see it. I have gone through 3 different phones now, and all 3 got this problem. I dont think you can see it if you have the black model, you need the white to see this. My first Iphone 6 had the black little spot just above the headphone jack. And then i got a new phone from Apple, and spotted the little black dot at the top left corner on the phone.

I had to edit this picture below so you can see what i mean:

Do you ever use your phone witout a case?-headjack.jpg

Do you ever use your phone witout a case?-topleft.jpg

These damn black little dots can be located anywhere. The Apple genius said its the rubber around the glass which is broken. So now im going to replace my 3rd unit tomorrow. I took me a whole day to find this. I checked my phone this morning, in sunlight for 1 hour. Couldnt see anything, and thought it was all good. Then i got home and checked again. Really carefully. Didnt see anything wrong. Later this afternoon sat on the balcony, and thinking im going to do one last check, and then i saw it!

So now im really frustrated, angry and sad. Going back to Apple store once again. I have to call them and ask to see the genius who helped me last time. He knew what he was talking about, and didnt hesitate to give me a new phone.
    10-29-2014 12:20 PM
    Many people remove their case, and take a quick look and think everything is just fine. There is no scratches or scuffs, and there wont be any.

But, i have a little microscope and i can see that it does cause wear when removing the case and putting it on a couple of times.

Another sign of Apple miss quality control for the Iphone 6, is that you can see small tiny black spots somewhere around the frame, between the glass and the frame. Its hard to see without a microscope, but if you look really really careful, and find the right angle, you will be able to see it. I have gone through 3 different phones now, and all 3 got this problem. I dont think you can see it if you have the black model, you need the white to see this. My first Iphone 6 had the black little spot just above the headphone jack. And then i got a new phone from Apple, and spotted the little black dot at the top left corner on the phone.

Name:	headjack.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	27.4 KB 
ID:	69955

Name:	topleft.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	32.2 KB 
ID:	69956

These damn black little dots can be located anywhere. The Apple genius said its the rubber around the glass which is broken. So now im going to replace my 3rd unit tomorrow. I took me a whole day to find this. I checked my phone this morning, in sunlight for 1 hour. Couldnt see anything, and thought it was all good. Then i got home and checked again. Really carefully. Didnt see anything wrong. Later this afternoon sat on the balcony, and thinking im going to do one last check, and then i saw it!

So now im really frustrated, angry and sad. Going back to Apple store once again. I have to call them and ask to see the genius who helped me last time. He knew what he was talking about, and didnt hesitate to give me a new phone.
    Each to their own and I hope you get a phone you are happy with, but if there's a scuff I have to use a microscope to see, I just don't care.
    10-29-2014 12:31 PM
    Each to their own and I hope you get a phone you are happy with, but if there's a scuff I have to use a microscope to see, I just don't care.
    Same lol... It's not that serious.
    10-29-2014 12:39 PM

Name:	headjack.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	27.4 KB 
ID:	69955

Name:	topleft.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	32.2 KB 
ID:	69956

Okay you just described something completely different from your OP & the title of this thread, so I will still stand by my comment.
    Now for what you just posted. There's no doubt in my mind that have a"little microscope" ...
    10-29-2014 12:49 PM
    I don't trust myself to use it without a case
    KarmelVixen likes this.
    10-29-2014 01:37 PM
    I don't trust myself to use it without a case
    Me either except at home.
    10-29-2014 01:56 PM
    Very rarely now. When I had the 5s I rocked it naked on a regular basis. Now that I have the 6+ with the rounded sides I find the phone far more slippery to hold. The apple leather case feels great in my hand and I can say I feel much more confident holding my phone.
    10-29-2014 02:39 PM
    Well, its still interesting - why are those dots there in the first place? I mean on 3 different units?

You really dont have to use a microscope to see it. I saw those dots without microscope the first time. And this afternoon, when i were sitting on the balcony, i saw the spot on my 2nd phone. And i wasnt using a microscope.

See, you really need: 1. white phone 2. right light 3. right angle 4. a very good attention for details (defects). Most people just take a quick look and dont see anything. You really need to study your Iphone, in every angle, different lights, to see those defects. Now im very upset, i takes a lot of energy trying to find the right Apple genius again, going back to Apple Store, worrying if they are going to exchange it or not, will i get yet another defective unit, or will i get a good one?

This is very stressfull, and i have had the case off and on today a couple of times, and i have tried my best to be careful, i have tried to get rid of those damn spots, is this also wearing on my phone? all this case removing? And why are the dots there? Why do i get defective units? I feel so bad right now i dont know if i should break down and cry, or just freak out in a real tantrum over this. Im really on the edge doing something stupid.

Maybe you think this is funny. And thats okey. I can understand that. But for me its a real pain. I cant think or function doing anything else than pounding this over and over. I feel like im going crazy over all this stress. Really hate it. And i know that you say "oh, my phone dont have those spots" but did you really look? Or you just dont care?

I so want a flawless phone, on the other hand, i regret i bought this, its making my life really bad, not only for me but for my family as well. I want it to be PERFECT thats all! And it SHOULD be perfect! Why? Because i bought those phones brand new and not from ebay or anything, i bought them from Apple store brand new with my own money. I saved a lot and spent a lot for this sh*t and its not fair! Its really driving me nuts!

Im sorry if i bother you but i dont know where else to ASK! Apple store sure, but i have to see the same genius as last time, because he did help and understand me. The other guy i met didnt do nothing to help me.
    10-29-2014 02:56 PM
    What if you consider Apple care? Two accidentals, worth it for no case?
    avital likes this.
    10-29-2014 03:57 PM
    I'll only put the case on my 5S if I'm going out anywhere. When I'm home, I'll use it without the case. I own a battery case; bulky, but convenient.
    avital likes this.
    10-29-2014 04:19 PM
    I have had my case on my phone since the first second I owned it. And I do this with all of my smartphones. When it is time to get a new one, I want my device in pristine condition. However, I don't use a screen protector because I have never needed one. A nice case seems to do the trick every time.

Sent from my Space Grey, 128 GB, iPhone 6 Plus (that took 5 weeks to ship to me through AT&T) using Tapatalk
    10-29-2014 06:32 PM
    I have had my case on my phone since the first second I owned it. And I do this with all of my smartphones. When it is time to get a new one, I want my device in pristine condition. However, I don't use a screen protector because I have never needed one. A nice case seems to do the trick every time.

Sent from my Space Grey, 128 GB, iPhone 6 Plus (that took 5 weeks to ship to me through AT&T) using Tapatalk
    Thats good. Do you never take the case off at all at home or just to clean it?
    10-29-2014 06:54 PM
    Thats good. Do you never take the case off at all at home or just to clean it?
    I take it off maybe once a week to clean it. But that's it.

10-29-2014 06:56 PM
    I take it off maybe once a week to clean it. But that's it.

Thats really good. But arent you afraid scratching the phone taking it off once a week? Have you ever dropped your phones or a minor bump or anything with the case and still in pristine condition? If so, you must have a really good case! I only have the Apple leather case
    10-29-2014 07:19 PM
    Thats really good. But arent you afraid scratching the phone taking it off once a week? Have you ever dropped your phones or a minor bump or anything with the case and still in pristine condition? If so, you must have a really good case! I only have the Apple leather case
    My case won't scratch the phone. It feels more like rubber than anything. And it protects very well against drops. I have the Tech 21 classic tactical case and it is amazing.

avital likes this.
    10-29-2014 07:22 PM
    Wooooooow!

Anyway, my phone is in a case most of the time. I only take the case off when at home.
    10-29-2014 07:23 PM
    Never. I always use a case on my phone.
    avital likes this.
    10-29-2014 08:00 PM
    I tried using my phone without a case. I was in constant fear the whole day! Nope never again only when I'm in bed on top of a really soft comforter.
    3neekimmy and avital like this.
    10-30-2014 12:12 AM
    In a case from jump street...
    avital likes this.
    10-30-2014 12:16 AM
    I use a case anytime I leave my home. When I'm inside I take the case off because it's such a nice designed phone. My htc one fell face down when I decided to go caseless and ever since they I've cased up. Better to be safe than sorry.
    avital likes this.
    10-30-2014 01:03 AM
    My case won't scratch the phone. It feels more like rubber than anything. And it protects very well against drops. I have the Tech 21 classic tactical case and it is amazing.

Do you think that the Apple leather case could protect the phones internal electronic components from minor bumps?
    I mean they must suffer the most from a bump, because of the shock. The scratches can be fixed if needed with a new housing.
    10-30-2014 02:28 AM
63 123