Iphone 6 Decision. A Strange Story. Can you assist me?

craigsnepa

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi all, I am new to the forum and have a strange situation and question for you.

A little backstory....
I am an iphone user. I tried android with quite a few devices, but always find my way back to an iphone. I sold off my 5S before the 6 came out, only to buy an android (oneplus one), and hated it, lol. I then sold that and got a crazy deal on an excellent condition green verizon (unlocked) iphone 5C ($125). I have been using that for about a month now, and I am getting an itch to buy the iphone 6. I liked the size of the 6 plus, but one thing I remembered was how hard to carry and pocket the oneplus was which is about the same size as the 6+... I seemed to always be looking out for it, lol and it took up alot of my pocket. So, I really think the 6 would be the sweet spot for me personally. I watched about all of the videos lately on youtube about comparisons/specs/etc, and can't really figure out what way to go. I dont game at all on my iphone, mainly just talk and text, very basic use really.

I am on Cricket (ATT GSM Prepaid), and get LTE with the 5C, and great signal reception, compared to a few android devices I had that rarely ever stayed in the LTE range, and mainly just got H or H+ or even 1 bar of service to no service... (Nexus 5, OnePlus One)....

Another point I have to make is that I dont want to sign any contract or edge/next program due to my current billing situation. There are 4 lines on the cricket account and we each get 1GB of data (Use Wifi 90% of time and barely use 1GB a month), unlimited talk/text for $100 per month. The bill is paid by our job for us on the plan. So its a free service, and thus no need to open a contract or have to pay a cell phone bill.

I know its just a matter of personal preference, and that its basically just the cost of the phone that would have to be considered, but given the situation, is it justifiable to spend or upgrade? Especially since I only basically have $125 invested in the 5C, and can easily sell it for that any day of the week. Making the Iphone 6 Purchase only $575 I would just appreciate any little insight that you may be able to give me. Thank you for your time, and sorry if it was a long winded post.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I think its worth the upgrade but that is my opinion- I came from a 5s and love the 6- I paid full retail for it without batting an eyelash- so if you can afford the upgrade I say go for it.

Welcome to iMore!

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
First of all, welcome to iMore!

Obviously, the decision to purchase a new device is a personal choice that only you can make. In my case, I have 5 lines on a family share plan, and I buy at least one new iPhone every year. For me it’s worth it. I have an older AT&T plan, and continue to buy on the 2-year subsidized plan.

If you can afford the purchase price for the new iPhone 6 or 6 Plus, I’d say "go for it", but again, that’s me. I love the bigger screen of the 6 Plus, despite having been on the record as being against the larger screens. The new phones (6 and 6 Plus) are solid, well designed devices, and I could not recommend either more highly.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR