6, do you wish you got 6 plus

Ticojpunk

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
I have plus envy, but mainly for the battery life. IMO, Apple needs to end the obsession with being thin. There wasn't anything wrong with the thickness of the 5s. I think the majority of users would opt for thicker/bigger battery Vs. paper thin/tiny battery. They gotta know the majority of people take their thin iPhone and throw a case on it anyway....

The above applies to the rest of the mobile phone industry as well. Apple takes it to the extreme though.

I agree with this whole heartedly. I'm really hoping they are done with the self-perpetuated thin-ness war. I don't know how much thinner they can go at this point. I'd give anything to have a thicker phone with better battery life. Who wouldn't?

As someone who also started with a Plus and now owns a 6, I sometimes have Plus envy. It's easy to forget what I didn't like and easy to remember what I did like. I liked portrait typing better, I liked the battery life better. Some games that were tolerable on the Plus in regards to size are not playable on the 6. It causes eye strain if the game elements are too tiny. I'm not a big gamer so I need to remember to put this one into perspective though. I also miss the screen when I'm watching YouTube.

I've decided to man up and commit to my 6 for this year though. There's a ton of things I prefer about the 6 as well. In September maybe I'll be ready to take on the burdens of a larger device, maybe not. If nothing much changes in the 6S Plus, I'm hoping the 7 Plus slims the bezels and adds more software optimization and features to better utilize the larger screen.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

bubba3595

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I love the 6. I have seen the plus around my campus and I would love to have one for a few days to see what I like.

Then I think about working out, where for me, size is important.

dimitrist

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
I bought both just to make sure I try them both.
I took the 6 to work the first day, played with it a little bit, same when I got home.
next day took the plus to work, and I haven't touched my 6 since.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I got the 6 and I'm happy but I do admit to wishing I had the Plus.
Size envy.
I will get it in September.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

DX9

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I got the 6 on launch day and went and got a Note 4 a couple months later. I wanted to come back to the iPhone and decided to get the 6 Plus. Got used to the size of the Note and it was gonna be very hard going to a smaller screen. I definitely would have regretted it getting the 6 instead of the 6 Plus.

jianrong

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
I got the 6 on launch day and went and got a Note 4 a couple months later. I wanted to come back to the iPhone and decided to get the 6 Plus. Got used to the size of the Note and it was gonna be very hard going to a smaller screen. I definitely would have regretted it getting the 6 instead of the 6 Plus.

You sold your note 4?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I wanted the 6+ originally but Best buy did not have any so got a 6. That being said I am not that disappointed with the 6, but most likely with the 6s+ will be going with the larger variant next time, and hoping that both models get 2gb of ram.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Size envy.

I'm thinking of doing the same. I really just want to try the bigger size.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Oh I love my 6. But yah I admit......size envy.
The day of the release I went to Best Buy and I saw the Plus and I picked it up and I thought HUGE. But after getting my Note 4 I'm thinking....not so huge, I can manage this.
So in September.....Plus.

Robster33

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
Just sold my 6 plus after 2 months, was just too big and heavy in the pocket, and getting in and out of vehicles, really liking the 6 it's a perfect size, lighter/thinner and runs smoother too, no lag. So much better with one hand. The 6 Plus needs 2 gb ram and needs slimming down.

noto220

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
No, I preordered the 6+ and returned it within 14 days and got the 6 much better. The Plus is just huge for everyday use for me anyway.

DX9

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Just brought back my 6 Plus yesterday and got the 6. Miss the screen real estate for sure and the battery life even though the 6 battery life is pretty good. Just the size of the 6 Plus was getting to me. I couldn't one hand it. Everything is did had to be two hands. each time I was doing some physical activities with the kids and even trying to tie my shoes I needed to take the phone out of my front pocket. I couldn't drive with it sitting in my pocket etc also. Phone always needed to be out and it became a pain in the ***. Little getting used to the first few hrs coming back to a smaller screen but I feel like I have a phone again being this size lol.

Ticojpunk

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Just brought back my 6 Plus yesterday and got the 6. Miss the screen real estate for sure and the battery life even though the 6 battery life is pretty good. Just the size of the 6 Plus was getting to me. I couldn't one hand it. Everything is did had to be two hands. each time I was doing some physical activities with the kids and even trying to tie my shoes I needed to take the phone out of my front pocket. I couldn't drive with it sitting in my pocket etc also. Phone always needed to be out and it became a pain in the ***. Little getting used to the first few hrs coming back to a smaller screen but I feel like I have a phone again being this size lol.

That sounds like I wrote it myself. I remember specifically taking the Plus out of my pocket when tying my shoes. Whenever I start remembering all the good stuff about the Plus, I have to remind myself to also remember the annoyances that drove me to exchange my Plus for the 6.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

thebizz

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm happy with my 6 initially I wanted the 6+ for the longer battery life but that wasn't worth the extra 100 bucks. So I grabbed a 64gig 6 and couldn't be happier the size is this phones biggest strength it's not to big or too small. And even with the otter box commuter case it fits perfectly in my hand.

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Size envy.

Same here but the i6 does everything I need. I somewhat want to try the + but not sure I would like it as a daily driver. But everyone I know that has one seems to like it. I think what would make my decision easier if apple would of stuck to the 5s size(4.0) then the + size(5.5) but the 4.7 size seems ideal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nathan Bael

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
I started with a 6+ but it was uncomfortable for my stubby hands. I sold it and went to a 6. The 6 was nice but still big with a decent case and I don't like the ppi of the 6 after seeing the 6+. Now I have the 6+ again. However, I'm a technology addict so also have to have at least one android device, Mac and windows computers, and even one install of Linux. I wish I could just rent a phone for a month to decide if I liked it or not.