I have no problem with someone having an opposing opinion but to clearly state that something won't happen isn't stating an opinion.

"They won't pass the savings from CC interchange fees on to consumers though. They'll just use it to pad their profits."

Nowhere in this post does it say she thinks something else will happen. It clearly states that it won't happen.
    I quickly replied back that it was my opinion so why is this still an issue.
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    10-29-2014 08:52 PM
    I quickly replied back that it was my opinion so why is this still an issue.
    It's not, I was replying to Robert. I haven't even looked at this thread except when I'm quoted. I only go on here to read unless I have a specific reason once or twice a day. I forgot about this until I read his post.
    10-29-2014 08:54 PM
    I have no problem with someone having an opposing opinion but to clearly state that something won't happen isn't stating an opinion.

"They won't pass the savings from CC interchange fees on to consumers though. They'll just use it to pad their profits."

Nowhere in this post does it say she thinks something else will happen. It clearly states that it won't happen.
    I read it as being her opinion. Perhaps because I was thinking the same thing and I know that's my opinion. But we will see
    10-29-2014 09:03 PM
    Wonderful. More pettiness.
    10-29-2014 09:45 PM
    I have to say that some of the conversations here remind me of Isaac Asimov's The Relativity of Wrong... Worth reading.
    essay2u likes this.
    10-29-2014 09:46 PM
    Naturally it was hacked. Perhaps when the credit card numbers get hacked, they'll follow Target's lead and sign everyone up for a free years worth of credit monitoring. Yay for reactionary security measures.
    10-29-2014 11:28 PM
    I have to say that some of the conversations here remind me of Isaac Asimov's The Relativity of Wrong... Worth reading.
    definitely. Thanks for sharing this.
    10-30-2014 06:18 AM
    I don't shop at either store, so it makes no difference to me, but I think is a bad business move. Not because they don't accept Apple pay. But because of the fact that they are not giving the customer any option. This is America! All because they want to avoid the credit card fees. So all this is in the interest of them, not the customer.
    10-30-2014 10:30 PM
    I used to shop at CVS with my nfc-enabled android so knowing they stopped because apple pay makes me kind of angry but Walgreens will be getting my service.
    nj1266 likes this.
    10-31-2014 10:35 AM
    Using  Pay at my local Subway - such awesome technology and the receipt besides needing no signature has zero info about my cc ... Not even last 4 digits.
    calebt and nj1266 like this.
    10-31-2014 12:46 PM
    I am not going to read the whole thread.. so I am sure a lot has been rehashed. I wanted to post how surprised a post can go from "ON TOPIC" to arguments over posts and opinions. Adding fuel to the fire gets peoples more involved and egos are at stake. Remove the ego remove the problem.

As for MCX vs Apple Pay and of course Google Wallet it's very simple.. Apple will win. Why, not because I like iOS products, it's because it's what the consumer wants and those not accepting will see a decline, not huge, but enough to notice. Most will cave and take both. With required changes to card readers by end of 2105 and MCX not rolled out yet and the breach they already had this past week with emails stolen it's clear they have only the merchants in mind, not the consumer, unless your discount coupons and advertising spam emails are more important than ease of use and security.

My current primary card on Apple Pay is my debit card through Capitol One 360 so it comes out of my bank, but with the safety of the card. Also I get points an rewards. I can use a CC if I choose to also get points and rewards. Yes, I can't use my "store card" (I don't; have one) at a store this way, but so goes life, pull the card out of your pocket.

The whole concept of 5 steps to pay with the MCX version is crazy, too much data exchanges and I don't want to hand my phone over to someone behind the counter that just may have scratched their _________ 4 min before.. I put that thing by my face.

It's now a battle of the big boy retailers vs consumers.
    essay2u likes this.
    10-31-2014 01:51 PM
    I am not going to read the whole thread.. so I am sure a lot has been rehashed. I wanted to post how surprised a post can go from "ON TOPIC" to arguments over posts and opinions. Adding fuel to the fire gets peoples more involved and egos are at stake. Remove the ego remove the problem.

As for MCX vs Apple Pay and of course Google Wallet it's very simple.. Apple will win. Why, not because I like iOS products, it's because it's what the consumer wants and those not accepting will see a decline, not huge, but enough to notice. Most will cave and take both. With required changes to card readers by end of 2105 and MCX not rolled out yet and the breach they already had this past week with emails stolen it's clear they have only the merchants in mind, not the consumer, unless your discount coupons and advertising spam emails are more important than ease of use and security.

My current primary card on Apple Pay is my debit card through Capitol One 360 so it comes out of my bank, but with the safety of the card. Also I get points an rewards. I can use a CC if I choose to also get points and rewards. Yes, I can't use my "store card" (I don't; have one) at a store this way, but so goes life, pull the card out of your pocket.

The whole concept of 5 steps to pay with the MCX version is crazy, too much data exchanges and I don't want to hand my phone over to someone behind the counter that just may have scratched their _________ 4 min before.. I put that thing by my face.

It's now a battle of the big boy retailers vs consumers.
    well said!!
    11-01-2014 04:56 AM
    Using  Pay at my local Subway - such awesome technology and the receipt besides needing no signature has zero info about my cc ... Not even last 4 digits.
    I do that at work two days a week. Such a flawless and easy to use payment system. Every time I use it at the cash register the cashier and others utter "that is so cool."

If you have not used it, then do yourself a favor and use it. It is worth having an iPhone 6 simply for ApplePay.
    11-01-2014 06:02 AM
    When I go to McDonalds I park the car, walk inside to order just so I can use the NFC scanner and my iP6. I'm sure theres some kind of usage data being collected, if there is I want them to know what preferred mobile payment method I use.
    11-01-2014 06:58 AM
    One day last week I needed a small item - drove right past the CVS went a bit further down the road and bought it at Walgreens. Used Apple Pay. I hardly ever went to Walgreens in the past.
    11-01-2014 09:15 AM
    Here's a good read

https://gigaom.com/2014/11/05/thanks...-a-good-thing/

Sent from my wrapped in leather iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    11-06-2014 05:19 AM
    My credit union isn't supported yet, but if Apple Pay is that difficult to use (like the video of the Nexus embedded in the article) I will just continue to swipe.
    11-06-2014 06:42 AM
    My credit union isn't supported yet, but if Apple Pay is that difficult to use (like the video of the Nexus embedded in the article) I will just continue to swipe.
    Apple Pay is so much easier than that video. Just hold phone close touch ID and you done.

Sent from my wrapped in leather iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    11-06-2014 07:24 AM
    Apple Pay is so much easier than that video. Just hold phone close touch ID and you done.
    That's what I thought. Thanks!
    11-06-2014 07:41 AM
    I am still shopping at CVS because I have to thanks to my insurance locking me down where I can go to get my blood pressure medicine. I do prefer to pay with Apple pay but I won't stop shopping at stores that don't accept it. They still allow me to swipe my card and pay with Debit, credit or just use cash instead. They can continue to pay the fees for all I care. However, I will not use CurrentC. If retailers drop everything for CurrentC then I will stop shopping altogether at the stores. I don't see that happening though. I see them still allowing the use of CC as another option for payment with CurrentC being available as well. Eventually, I do see NFC being picked up more and more as consumers continue to use Apple Pay, Google Wallet, Softcard, etc. I use NFC regularly at Subway and it works flawlessly. Even amazed the one cashier at one of the Subways. It also works well at McDonalds too. I will use Apple Pay where NFC is taken as my first form of payment but will continue to use cards as well.
    11-06-2014 01:46 PM
120 ... 345