Inbox by Gmail! Anyone try it?

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Got my invite today and have launched the app but that's about it. Need to go through the tutorials. At least with Mailbox you got a tutorial at the beginning.

Like how do you delete an email in one step? That kind of thing.

Still waiting almost three weeks now from Google. I even sent for the invite from my Nexus 5 thinking they might send it out quicker being a Nexus owner.

blueszz

May 15, 2014
Visit site
The option "done" should do that? When I apply "done" I found them back in my "archived" folder (webmail), that is what also the emails went to when I "deleted" them within other mail apps.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I wish GMail would truly delete when I use the delete option from ANY device or computer. Google seem to have a policy of 'keep everything', thus they like to archive...

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
The option "done" should do that? When I apply "done" I found them back in my "archived" folder (webmail), that is what also the emails went to when I "deleted" them within other mail apps.
Hey there, blueszz. Problem is, I don't want them archived, I want them deleted. In the stock email app, there is an option in settings to archive or delete "deleted" mail. I used to keep all email because Google said "we give you so much space you don't need to delete" but after years of doing that, I finally went through and sorted everything and deleted stuff I knew I wouldn't need again. Now I'm in the habit of deleting what I know I won't need, and archiving other things for later. I don't need to keep every Amazon purchase email or shipping notice, I can get all that in my account. "You have been unsubscribed" emails don't need to be kept either. "Your statement is now available online" is another one. Lots of stuff to delete :)

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
And simply because of this 'delete' thing is why GMail isn't my default email account. I can't stand that. I wish GMail would change that.
Yes, I'm might be a little OCD about deleting things that I know I'll NEVER need, but at least give the user the option...

Hey there, blueszz. Problem is, I don't want them archived, I want them deleted. In the stock email app, there is an option in settings to archive or delete "deleted" mail. I used to keep all email because Google said "we give you so much space you don't need to delete" but after years of doing that, I finally went through and sorted everything and deleted stuff I knew I wouldn't need again. Now I'm in the habit of deleting what I know I won't need, and archiving other things for later. I don't need to keep every Amazon purchase email or shipping notice, I can get all that in my account. "You have been unsubscribed" emails don't need to be kept either. "Your statement is now available online" is another one. Lots of stuff to delete :)

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
And simply because of this 'delete' thing is why GMail isn't my default email account. I can't stand that. I wish GMail would change that.
Yes, I'm might be a little OCD about deleting things that I know I'll NEVER need, but at least give the user the option...

Not sure what you mean? I delete things all the time. if you're using the Gmail app, it will delete. If you're using the built-in mail app, there's a setting you need to enable.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen