Outlook integration iphone horrendous

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
So. My iPhone I thought could replace my bberry, but it sux giant b... For outlook, how the heck do you reply to all in meeting invite, reply to sender, or cancel a meeting, or forward a meeting on iPhone??? Wtf, I noticed I either had to pick up my Bberry or get to my laptop to handle these seemingly routine and mundane tasks. And handling attachments , come on Apple.

Seriously, how did this OS get at all popular in the business space??? I know I only use it because for my personal apps it's just more , but for my business items its atrocious!!!

Or am I missing something.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure it's not difficult to understand that the iPhone and iOS is NOT for everybody. Take yourself, for example. A Blackberry device is clearly a more appropriate choice for your needs, and that's okay. It's that way for a lot of people. As for your question, "how did OS (I assume you meant iOS) get at all popular in the business space?", it's safe to assume that a majority of business people's need, in regard to usability, is not the same as yours.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
"type of business"

For me it works, I am a Photographer, a BB would suck for that need. iOS works well for what I do, my schedules, meetings, models, appointments, test shots, maps, directions to a set, light meter, etc.. works great. It's why I switched.

Remember a Banker, would have different needs over a Baker who would have different needs over a Butcher, etc.. life has choices, make the one that is right for you, and try not to bash other peoples choices.

:)

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Once iOS had Exchange Active Sync capability and IT admins embraced this (with companies using Exchange servers) it pretty much was downhill for BES (Blackberry Enterprise Server).

Back in the day I loved my Blackberry devices. Truly wireless sync.
Times have changed.
I feel that iOS out the door email support is quite good and with notes natively supported in iOS7 and newer, it was a done deal.
With Android one still needs to use Touchdown which is OK but has its problems.

DS1331

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
I love the new features they came out with for Mail on iOS 8.1 with the swipe to delete and swipe to flag or archive I'm very surprised on how much I like the mail app on iPhone, coming from a bb q10 user

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
There are work arounds for attachments. Many use Dropbox and other 3rd party apps.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
I love the new features they came out with for Mail on iOS 8.1 with the swipe to delete and swipe to flag or archive I'm very surprised on how much I like the mail app on iPhone, coming from a bb q10 user

What does that have to do with doing things you do every day in the business world, create, forward, reply to the meeting request you get all the time, add attachments to the request, replay to all, reply to organizer. Mail is useless for doing anything that you do almost every other minute in the business world. Bb 10 is light years ahead in this case. I mean light years for outlook Integration

DS1331

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
What does that have to do with doing things you do every day in the business world, create, forward, reply to the meeting request you get all the time, add attachments to the request, replay to all, reply to organizer. Mail is useless for doing anything that you do almost every other minute in the business world. Bb 10 is light years ahead in this case. I mean light years for outlook Integration

I have no problem doing any of those on my iPhone. Easy to forward easy to reply all, accepted meeting invitation this morning. Calendar syncs up just fine.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
No matter the device or OS you switch to, there is a learn curve. It does take a moment to get used to. I'd suggest to take time, and get adjusted, albeit, don't get frustrated during the process, that merely makes matters worse...

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
I have no problem doing any of those on my iPhone. Easy to forward easy to reply all, accepted meeting invitation this morning. Calendar syncs up just fine.

Ok please tell me how you forward a meeting, how you reply to organizer, or all invited to the meeting, as well as cancel a meeting. I'm not asking to be a d.... I'm asking because I need to be able to do it, i searched online and only thing I saw was some app that has add on purchases, they I tried that didn't even read my calendar correctly.

DS1331

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Ok please tell me how you forward a meeting, how you reply to organizer, or all invited to the meeting, as well as cancel a meeting. I'm not asking to be a d.... I'm asking because I need to be able to do it, i searched online and only thing I saw was some app that has add on purchases, they I tried that didn't even read my calendar correctly.

Good question, I thought you were just asking about accepting or denying a meeting invite.

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I use Exchange at my job and my corporate email works fine. I can get calendar invites, send them, edit them, reply all, blah blah blah. It just works. I think you're just making it out to be a much bigger deal than it is OR you haven't sat down and really gotten a hang of things because you're too caught up with how you did those mundane things on Blackberry. Relax, take a breath, and get to know your new phone and how it works. You may be overlooking a simple step that is making you feel like life as you knew it is over.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
I use Exchange at my job and my corporate email works fine. I can get calendar invites, send them, edit them, reply all, blah blah blah. It just works. I think you're just making it out to be a much bigger deal than it is OR you haven't sat down and really gotten a hang of things because you're too caught up with how you did those mundane things on Blackberry. Relax, take a breath, and get to know your new phone and how it works. You may be overlooking a simple step that is making you feel like life as you knew it is over.

Why is it so difficult to get an answer? Relax take a breath, isn't an instruction to reply all for a meeting invite. Cancel it , reply to organizer, yes you can reply all for an email , I'm talking about meeting invites. So again, how do I do it, I would assume as it works in outlook you click the meeting invite and and then have all these options, I see none of that from Apple calendar when I click on the meeting. So again, I'll ask , how do you actually do it. It's a general question, I looked online and it mentioned an app was required which I downloaded and it didn't access the meetings in my calendar and I had to pay for add ons.

I'm not saying this to complain or compare, because there is no comparison Apple iOS sucks in this respect. Berry does this much better, but that's neither here nor there, can you tell me how to do it. If I am missing something.

Thanks

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I don't use those feature but one thing I would suggest is checking how the outlook account is setup on the phone .. I know that typically effects email .. Calendar etc and can effect what options are available depending how it's configured

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
I don't use those feature but one thing I would suggest is checking how the outlook account is setup on the phone .. I know that typically effects email .. Calendar etc and can effect what options are available depending how it's configured

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Configured with active sync which is the only integration option for iPhone and exchange

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
My phone gives me an accept, decline or reply option and then adds it to my calendar (fantastical, in my case) all I have to do is click the invite within the message and voila.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The iPhone was never engineered to be perfect for 100% of the population out there...did you ever think that maybe...jusssssst maybe, the iPhone isn't capable of doing the things you've grown accustomed to on your Blackberry in terms of Outlook integration? I mean leaving aside the point that expecting perfect integration between an Apple and Microsoft product is kind of hilarious in it's own right, there are limitations to all phones out there, and the iPhone is no exception.

Here's a valiant, shining idea...if the iPhone doesn't function in the way you need it to to maintain satisfaction with it's performance, go buy another phone. Or, if the iPhone is the device that you feel you MUST have in life, maybe moving away from Outlook is another option?

This isn't rocket science here.

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm not an Apple fan at all, however, any device, whether it be Apple, Blackberry or Android can work fine in the business space. That being said, the Apple and Android devices will have some challenges due to the inherit design of their O/S. (Note: I do have a role in the mobility space for my company, we have about 15,000 mobile devices connected to our network).

Blackberries are built with the business user in mind. The new devices actually come with 2 separate profiles, one for your business needs and one for your personal needs. The two profiles are completely compartmentalized, which means both your personal and business data are completely secure. This provides you with far more flexibility and information security in the corporate space. This is all controlled through Blackberries BES 10 server and is all native to Blackberry. To be honest, in the majority of cases for the business user (both for BYOD and corporate owned devices) the Blackberry will provide far superior functionality and security due to the built in features of this device.

Both Apple and Android are more for personal usage and neither have a native Mobile Device Management solution. What that means is there is no means (naively) to separate your corporate data from your personal data. Both need to have a 3rd party MDM solution to connect to your work email. You are victim of that solution as not all will have the functions that you are looking for. Most will even you to install a 3rd party app to access your mail and have a second app just so you can view any attachments. Both Android and Apple have this exact same problem as they do not have a corporate solution.

I hope this helps!

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
My phone gives me an accept, decline or reply option and then adds it to my calendar (fantastical, in my case) all I have to do is click the invite within the message and voila.

Ok now reply all to that meeting invite, or forward it to someone else. Or if you are the organizer cancel it.... Yes it can handle basic functions on the iPhone like accepting an invite, but that's not what I asked. Or said for the life of me , I can't figure out how to do.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73