Google has been my #1 go to. I haven't used Apple maps in a long time because of the errors with it, but reading these posts it seems many have been addressed...so I may give it a shot here and there.
    10-24-2014 09:22 AM
    If I am out and about on foot, I use Apple Maps because of the Siri integration. If I am driving and want a SatNav, I use a third party app.
    10-24-2014 11:24 AM
    Apple maps still sucks for searches. Type in like "chicken" or "Toyota" and it'll pull up Toyota, Japan. I rarely searches locally. I use Google maps for searches.
    You obviously haven't used Apple maps lately, because both inquiries pulled the desired local results ...
    10-24-2014 11:40 AM
    I use Waze daily for the crowd sourced traffic info (gotta know were the po-po is hiding)
    If I really need to know an address I'll use Apple maps because Wazes search is seriously laking some times ...
    10-24-2014 11:48 AM
    Google has been my #1 go to. I haven't used Apple maps in a long time because of the errors with it, but reading these posts it seems many have been addressed...so I may give it a shot here and there.
    Apple maps had its issues at launch but those issues where nowhere near as bad as certain elements of the tech press made them out to be...for me, Apple maps started to OK and has improved with time.
    Not Quite Right likes this.
    10-24-2014 11:56 AM
    I use Google Maps primarily.
    10-24-2014 12:22 PM
    how accurate is traffic comparing these two? I've noticed that every time Apple maps always says it's quicker than Google map? How accurate and up to minute is Apple map compared to gmap?
    10-24-2014 08:06 PM
    I haven't seen the avoid toll option in Apple maps but then I haven't used maps in last month or so.
    10-26-2014 10:32 PM
    I love google maps. Provides a lot more info than Apple maps does.
    10-28-2014 02:07 AM
    I use both depending on the use case:

- Google Maps is much better for vague searches since it uses Google to interpret what you want. It will be hard for Apple to match that
    - In my experience, Google Maps has several times directed me to a store that had since closed or moved. When I was in Ft. Lauderdale recently, GMaps directed me to a Best Buy that had since moved, whereas Apple Maps directed me to its current location. Happened a few other times as well.
    - The data accuracy of Apple Maps has improved by leaps and bounds over the last couple years.

Google has been perfecting its maps for years. Apple not so much. Does Apple even have street view cars traveling around the world? I saw lately that Google put a street view camera on the back of a camel and set it out walking the Sahara Desert. Does Apple do that? Not knocking Apple, love their products ...but really, Google maps are far and away better than Apples
    This is factually untrue and sounds pretty fanboy'ish. Apple Maps is leaps and bounds improved in data accuracy today over it's release with iOS6. There were 4-5 specific instances that I personally witnessed inaccurate data with Apple Maps that I shared on this forum, that have all now been corrected. To say that Apple has not been improving their maps is a factually incorrect statement.

Granted, this is for the United States. I cannot speak for improvements outside of the US, I can only speak for improvements in where I live. People need to take this into account when evaluating this product - where you live should filter out what reviews you should actually care about. e.g. If I'm not planning on traveling to Poland, reviews that say "Apple Maps is worthless in Poland" really shouldn't influence me because it doesn't effect me. If I was travelling to Poland, then it might.

As far as street view, yes Google has that better. I often use Street View when I want to get a visual of the location I'm going to. On the other hand, unless I'm planning a road trip through a desert, the fact that one mapping solution put a camera on a camel has absolutely zero impact on my ability to get from point A to point B in places other than the desert and doesn't weigh on my decision of what mapping product to use, which is a nicer way of saying "who cares?".
    10-28-2014 01:20 PM
    I use Google, great navigation and precision ...which is your choice?
    I've used both extensively, but I've settled on Apple Maps until it fails me. Also, I don't really need either all that much being that I have voice-guided navigation in my car.
    10-28-2014 02:24 PM
    10-28-2014 04:26 PM
    I like Google Maps but I know on my 5s I was able to get voice assist but can't seem to get it to work on my 6. I have it turned on in the settings so I'm not sure what's up with that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    10-28-2014 05:36 PM
    I am a traveler and loves to explore new places so maps are really important for me. It doesn't really matter if what kind of application. I used either Google or Apple maps. Before I used such things or applications, I usually read reviews about that certain product. Netizens reviews have a great impact on how I purchased and used products and services.
    Last edited by Sam_Lee; 10-28-2014 at 10:30 PM.
    10-28-2014 10:09 PM
    Lately Apple maps has been awesome for me. It wasn't always that way but now it's great.b
    10-28-2014 11:17 PM
    Google maps all the way. As long as your jail broken you can make it the default gps app. But even if I'm not jail broken I don't mind copying over addresses to use it. Google maps is just so much better than Apple maps even without the ios integration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    11-07-2014 12:04 PM
    Apple maps.
    11-07-2014 01:21 PM
    Apple maps. It hasn't let me down once and I have used it a number of times.
    11-07-2014 01:32 PM
    If I'm saying local, meaning in the state of Florida, i use Apple maps. But, if I'm traveling i use the 3rd party Garmin app.
    11-07-2014 09:23 PM
    I used Google maps when I switched from android. When Apple maps improved I started using it. I only use Apple maps now.
    11-07-2014 10:19 PM
    Google maps for now. It actually depends on how I'm getting to where I need to go. If there's tolls and I don't want to take tolls, I use google maps. If I can take tolls, i would use apple maps. I mostly use google maps now, since apple is retarded and doesn't want to allow you to avoid tolls, which is a stupid idea in my opinion, but I'm sure they will add that option in the future.
    11-07-2014 10:58 PM
    I use Apple Maps as much as possible. Sometimes a place just won't come up in Apple Maps, that's when I'll use Google Maps.
    11-08-2014 01:25 AM
    Google maps. Better data in my area and it lets me save offline maps when I travel overseas and without Internet access.
    11-08-2014 02:55 PM
    I've been using Apple Maps as my main driver but one day I was driving somewhere and it didn't avoid all the blocked off roads so I had to figure out a way around them. Ill probably download Google maps today and use it more just for real world problems.
    11-10-2014 09:51 AM
    Google Maps for me, and I like the latest update also.
    11-10-2014 10:03 AM
85 1234