since you can DL Google Now on the iPhone ...do you prefer it over SIRI?
    10-21-2014 09:40 PM
    I still prefer SIRI.
    mistabritt likes this.
    10-21-2014 09:42 PM
    I still prefer Siri as well
    mistabritt likes this.
    10-21-2014 09:44 PM
    I prefer GoogleNow's functionality, but with it running full on, it kills battery. Monitoring your location 24/7 tends to have that impact.
    10-21-2014 09:44 PM
    I like Siri.
    mistabritt likes this.
    10-21-2014 10:09 PM
    Google now has better/faster results. Siri is okay but convenient.
    mistabritt likes this.
    10-21-2014 10:12 PM
    I've never used a Windows phone but Cortana ftw! But maybe I'm only saying that because I'm a Halo fan.

Sent from my HTC M8
    10-21-2014 10:13 PM
    Siri. Not a google fan.
    10-21-2014 10:14 PM
    I use both, Google Now mainly for web search Siri For iPhone related tasks.
    10-22-2014 04:00 AM
    Cortana then Siri then Google Now
    10-22-2014 05:54 AM
    What makes me nervous about Google Now is the feeling that everything is tracked and used. I am not saying Apple doesn't, but that is Googles business model. What happens if the model changes. Their executives have said some pretty scary things in the past that appeared in the news. It makes me feel uncomfortable. Especially when a couple of my friends who work for Google won't use their Gmail accounts for personal emails. Also, that they have iPhones or Windows phones and don't have android phones for home use.
    sau124 likes this.
    10-22-2014 07:39 AM
    If you want to carry on a conversation with your phone then use Siri. If you want to actually get useful information then use Google Now.
    10-22-2014 07:55 AM
    If you want to carry on a conversation with your phone then use Siri. If you want to actually get useful information then use Google Now.
    I don't agree with that I have uses Cortana, Siri and Google Now. My Favorite is Cortana because of all the functionality, but second has to be Siri. All Google Now is more of an advanced interactive search that the others provide also. The best things about the others is that they are more personalized to you.

A.B.
    10-22-2014 08:37 AM
    since you can DL Google Now on the iPhone ...do you prefer it over SIRI?
    Siri works better for me.

Posted from my gorgeous, pristine white BEAST of a Note 4.
    10-22-2014 09:12 AM
    Personally, I don't prefer anything Google so I stick to Siri. I don't like how Google wants you to sign in everywhere and then explicitly go into the dashboard and select what to save and what not to save on Google servers to enable them to provide targeted ads. Again, just a personal preference...
    Nanci likes this.
    10-22-2014 09:37 AM
    I prefer Google Now, and especially how well it works when used with an Android device, like my M8. However, Siri is not too bad. It works pretty good for iPhone related tasks, and does ok for general web searches, etc. That's the beauty of having both Google Now and Siri available on on the iPhone. Options. This is from my subjective point of view.
    10-22-2014 09:45 AM
    Google now blows the competition out of the water when it comes to accuracy and dictation. That is what is important to me so I go with Google Now.
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    10-22-2014 12:56 PM
    Google now blows the competition out of the water when it comes to accuracy and dictation. That is what is important to me so I go with Google Now.
    ROTFLMAO. Stop it, Stop it, I can't breath
    10-22-2014 01:03 PM
    ROTFLMAO. Stop it, Stop it, I can't breath
    I am sorry. That is my experience. I have used them all. Google Now is most accurate for my uses. Not to mention all the tests they throw at the 3, Google Now always comes out on top.

You don't have to like it.

I ask Siri where the nearest Qdoba is and she has no idea what I am talking about.
    10-22-2014 01:14 PM
    I understand if you need a search engine, but that is all it can do. It does not work as an assistance. It does not interact with apps within the system to the degree that is needed all the time. Dictation accuracy is more of a qualitative result depending on voice.

If you think about it Siri and Cortana can be compared correctly because they are the same type of application. Google Now is a different type of search engine.

A.B.
    10-22-2014 01:21 PM
    I understand if you need a search engine, but that is all it can do. It does not work as an assistance. It does not interact with apps within the system to the degree that is needed all the time. Dictation accuracy is more of a qualitative result depending on voice.

If you think about it Siri and Cortana can be compared correctly because they are the same type of application. Google Now is a different type of search engine.

A.B.
    That is what I am trying to say. I need it to be a more advanced search engine. And for MY voice it is spot on every time. I don't like to talk to my phone like it is a person like Siri and Cortana. It creeps me out. It is not a person.... it is a phone.

I need it to accurately set reminders/timers/alarms, search the internet, locate places nearby. That is it. Anything else that people use Siri and Cortana for is no good to me, doing it manually is almost always faster because Siri for example breaks it down into too many steps for her to fully understand what you are trying to get her to do.
    Pablo Heitmeyer likes this.
    10-22-2014 01:29 PM
    That is what I am trying to say. I need it to be a more advanced search engine. And for MY voice it is spot on every time. I don't like to talk to my phone like it is a person like Siri and Cortana. It creeps me out. It is not a person.... it is a phone.

I need it to accurately set reminders/timers/alarms, search the internet, locate places nearby. That is it. Anything else that people use Siri and Cortana for is no good to me, doing it manually is almost always faster because Siri for example breaks it down into too many steps for her to fully understand what you are trying to get her to do.
    Oh, Must have miss that in translation.
    10-22-2014 01:31 PM
    Google now recognizes and translates speech to text better in my opinion. It is faster and just much more accurate, even with the improvements t Siri. However, Siri has far more power on an iOS device so I use her on iOS devices. Siri is the better assistant also, as she has capabilities GoogleNow can't have on iOS and doesn't have on Android (yet). When I'm on an iOS device, I miss Google Now as a system integrated app, but when I'm on Android, I don't miss Siri at all.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Illustrator Joe likes this.
    10-22-2014 02:13 PM
    Siri, works for me.
    10-22-2014 02:47 PM
    I don't use Google Now on my iPhone but you are right. I really loved it on my Android devices.
    Illustrator Joe likes this.
    10-22-2014 04:25 PM
42 12