Google Now vs SIRI

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I understand if you need a search engine, but that is all it can do. It does not work as an assistance. It does not interact with apps within the system to the degree that is needed all the time. Dictation accuracy is more of a qualitative result depending on voice.

If you think about it Siri and Cortana can be compared correctly because they are the same type of application. Google Now is a different type of search engine.

A.B.

That is what I am trying to say. I need it to be a more advanced search engine. And for MY voice it is spot on every time. I don't like to talk to my phone like it is a person like Siri and Cortana. It creeps me out. It is not a person.... it is a phone.

I need it to accurately set reminders/timers/alarms, search the internet, locate places nearby. That is it. Anything else that people use Siri and Cortana for is no good to me, doing it manually is almost always faster because Siri for example breaks it down into too many steps for her to fully understand what you are trying to get her to do.

AB Lambert

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
That is what I am trying to say. I need it to be a more advanced search engine. And for MY voice it is spot on every time. I don't like to talk to my phone like it is a person like Siri and Cortana. It creeps me out. It is not a person.... it is a phone.

I need it to accurately set reminders/timers/alarms, search the internet, locate places nearby. That is it. Anything else that people use Siri and Cortana for is no good to me, doing it manually is almost always faster because Siri for example breaks it down into too many steps for her to fully understand what you are trying to get her to do.

Oh, Must have miss that in translation.

crankerchick

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Google now recognizes and translates speech to text better in my opinion. It is faster and just much more accurate, even with the improvements t Siri. However, Siri has far more power on an iOS device so I use her on iOS devices. Siri is the better assistant also, as she has capabilities GoogleNow can't have on iOS and doesn't have on Android (yet). When I'm on an iOS device, I miss Google Now as a system integrated app, but when I'm on Android, I don't miss Siri at all.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
When I had my Android devices one of the things recommended to get decent battery life was to turn off Google Now. While Google Now no doubt rocks teh socks, it also likes to know where you are at all the time. It's really cool that it shows me the state of traffic from school to my house but when I bike, I don't need that and location services is just an unnecessary drain the majority of the time. Siri has been great in everything I actually need and is only on when I hold down the home button.

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
When I had my Android devices one of the things recommended to get decent battery life was to turn off Google Now. While Google Now no doubt rocks teh socks, it also likes to know where you are at all the time. It's really cool that it shows me the state of traffic from school to my house but when I bike, I don't need that and location services is just an unnecessary drain the majority of the time. Siri has been great in everything I actually need and is only on when I hold down the home button.

As of KitKat Google now had a battery saving mode for GPS. It no longer sucks battery.

ಠ益ಠ

spiff_p239

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I haven't really spent a lot of time with Siri, but I've used Cortana and Google Now. Cortana was the most helpful to me in my daily usage but I'm also of the opinion that I don't necessarily trust Google. I'll give Siri another shot once my iPhone 6 shows up on Tuesday.