Otto Box Case (Symmetry Series) failed me

AB Lambert

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
Otto Box Case (Symmetry Series) failed me. My iPhone 6 fell and the screen cracked within the case area were the rubber was reinforced to protect the screen. The screen did not crack were the screen protector was even thou the protector was badly damaged.

Replacement iPhone 6 being sent but need to find a better case. Help me.

A.B.

jagfan2

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Otto Box Case (Symmetry Series) failed me. My iPhone 6 fell and the screen cracked within the case area were the rubber was reinforced to protect the screen. The screen did not crack were the screen protector was even thou the protector was badly damaged.

Replacement iPhone 6 being sent but need to find a better case. Help me.

A.B.

Your accident has made me think twice about getting AppleCare + or one of the other warranties. Did you have one?

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Oh man - the Symmetry series has always been one of my favorite cases for my 5/5S and now 6. This is really disappointing. I'm currently hooked on the Speck CandyShells (have both the Grip in Black/Gray and a regular in Red/Black, would also like the Blue/Black case too). I believe both of these have military grade drop protection - maybe check them out?

Darthstorm528

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I had the Symmetry case when I had the 5, it sucked, it was not comfortable to hold and it felt like it was made very cheap. For a case that wasn't cheap, I would spend money on a Tech 21, Spigen or even an Apple case rather than Otterbox. I wouldn't recommend that Symmetry case to anyone

iTechHead

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Awe man that sucks. I have the apple leather and otter box defender. Not sure how protective the apple leather is but I've heard good things about the tech 21 if you want something slim that can add drop protection for your new iPhone.

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I bought an otter box for my 5, when I took it off it had scratched my phone. I will never buy another one again lol. I actually just dropped my phone tonight and I have a case-mate oil slick brilliance. The front piece broke off and the phone wound up face down on cement and somehow it doesn't have a scratch on it. I'm fine with the case being damaged (yeah it's annoying, but amex covers accidental damage anyway lol). I love case-mate, I have dropped several phones and they are always protected. I recommend their products to my friends :)

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to hear that AB, I never used cases in the past hated the extra bulk, sounds like you have it all sorted out though. I have the Apple leather case on mine and I'm getting Zag glass screen protector plus Applecare.

sel1965

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Awe man that sucks. I have the apple leather and otter box defender. Not sure how protective the apple leather is but I've heard good things about the tech 21 if you want something slim that can add drop protection for your new iPhone.

I also have a tech21 case and an otterbox defender I like both cases the one drawback to me on the tech21 case is the camera hole is way to big. I removed the built in touch screen on the defender case and it works pretty well. I use both cases all the time can't really decide which case to keep.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
All,

I think I am going to order the Speck Product CandyShell Grip iPhone 6 case.

http://www.amazon.com/Speck-Product...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2374681

You comments?

A.B.

I'm a huge fan of the CandyShell Grip. That was the first iPhone 6 case I purchased and I still really like it. I think you'll be happy with it. Others have complained about the grips wearing but I haven't had any issues (plus Speck has a 1 year warranty). I think you should be all set!

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

iTechHead

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I also have a tech21 case and an otterbox defender I like both cases the one drawback to me on the tech21 case is the camera hole is way to big. I removed the built in touch screen on the defender case and it works pretty well. I use both cases all the time can't really decide which case to keep.

I've been thinking about removing my built in protector. How's your defender holding up ? I just don't won't dust and lint to get inside.

Bro-row

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
All,

I think I am going to order the Speck Product CandyShell Grip iPhone 6 case.

http://www.amazon.com/Speck-Product...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2374875

You comments?

A.B.

The regular or Grip work extremely well! I always purchase a speck Candyshell and basic Zagg screen protector. Excellent shock absorption and not very bulky, best of both worlds. Also, I have already dropped my 6 around 4 times (high drops) and no problems. I do like the glass screen protectors though, they absorb the damage and break but leave the screen untouched (I might try that with my Speck).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods