iPhone 6 still losing signal - iOS 8.1

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I was having this issue with my 6 on 8.0.2. I called my provider and was told there were no network problems. Went to the Apple Store and was told there were no network problems with the phone. Went home and restored as new then waited for 8.1 thinking that would solve everything.

Still having the problem. I'm going back to Apple today.

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Follow this guide here how to get your phone to display signal in dBM instead of dots:

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/how-to-display-your-iphones-signal-strength-in-numbers-76257989351.html

Then take note of the signal. A higher number is better but remember it's a negative number so (ignoring the negative sign) the higher the number is actually a WORSE signal. For example, -88dBM is much stronger (by 10X) than -98dBM.

Signals weaker than -105dBM are going to make data rates suffer. Signals lower than -115dBM are on the fringe of losing service altogether. (dreaded NO SERVICE on device!)

Now in our area (USA, MD, Verizon/ATT), switching off LTE (called 4G in Europe) often results in a better signal. I live in a 4G area but signal is fair to bad, typically -105 to -112 dBM. If I turn off LTE (4G), the signal will often jump to -90dBM or so. In areas where 4G signal is poor I turn it off so the device seems to have better reception. Just an idea...

jtmo3

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I can relate. Have a 6 running 8.1. Did this before 8.1 also. I work in an office where I get no signal. When I come out for break or whatever, I have had the phone take up to ten minutes to reacquire the cell signal. I can hit airplane on and off and it will reacquire right away. Left to it's own devices, it can take anywhere from 5 seconds to ten minutes to get a cell signal back. I've reset phone, done a complete restore through iTunes and set up as new. Nothing helped. Not pleased with this issue.

poonanii

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
This is not a tower issue. Not a carrier issue or anything like that. This is a problem with the iPhone 6 that countless people are having.

I had a iPhone 4s with Straight Talk. Service was great in my house. Upgraded to an iPhone 6 and now have no service to 1 bar. And I can't text anyone with one bar unless they are another iPhone user or I go out on my deck to text anyone else. I also have poor reception on phone calls in my house. None of those problems with my 4s or anyone else that comes in my house with earlier versions of iPhones.

The wifi is also bad. Old iPhone picks up all the signals around. New 6 picks up nothing. Then after a long time picks up some of the closest only. I found I can shut off the phone and turn it back on and get wifi connection faster.

zerpico1

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
I have a T-Mobile Iphone 6 plus and I'm having the same problem, No Service from time to time and drop calls. Going right know to change for a note 4

Hussein Najee

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
Re: iPhone5s still losing signal after upgrade to 8.1.2

Upgraded to 8.1.2 and phone not working. Get no sim card or no service. Went thru all apple suggestions including restore. I live in Yemen.

La Trotter

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
I am having major problems with drop calls and Im in T-Mobile network and they say its a apple software issue for the drop calls. So I dont know but I have had my phone replace already.

barnsbury

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
I am in the UK and I have had this problem since day 1 (on vodafone).

My iphone 6 Plus keeps losing signal. I have to re-boot the phone to get the mobile signal back. It happens with both 3G and 4G.

I am using ios 8.1.2

This is a really annoying problem. It never happened with my iphone 5 which I have used for the past 2 years.

Surely apple must know about this. Please release a fix!!!

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Would like to have some help from you.

Just updated my iPhone 6 from iOS 8.0.2 to iOS 8.1 and it seems my 'no signal' problem is still happening.

What I've already tried:
-Restoration over the air;
-Restoration in iTunes;
-New Nano SIM CARD;
-Reset network settings.

My iPhone goes on 'no signal' from time to time and the signal comes back again after 45 seconds or so.

Is this iPhone malfuction? Should I contact carrier to get a new one? Is there anything else I can do?

Had no problems with WiFi in 8.0.2 and also had 8.0.2 on my iPhone 5 and there were no problems.

Thanks!

Mine was doing the same. I am on verizon. Went and got a new sim and have had no issues since. So for me seems like the sim was to blame.

Muhammad Badawi

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
iphone 6 iOS 8.1.2 working on Vodafone, Egypt
I have the same issue like you tried everything you mentioned , still the same ! ... I think it is APPLE ISSUE
fyi my mobile model is "MG4A2B/A" ... if any one can contact them to fix it next iOS version >>> may be :(

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen