Any iPhone 6 Owners Have Otterbox Cases Yet?

murtzjaffer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Would you be able to post pics of the Defender/Symmetry on your 6 if you do?

With the 6 Plus cases coming out soon, it would be really great to see the difference in bulk between the cases on the 6.

Thanks.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Defender and IMO it's junk.

Device shifts inside case.....

Head Phone Jack port cover only covers half the opening. not sure why they did that one...

Screen protector that is built in, I didn't like it so I removed it..

It's quit big, but that's to be expected....

There are some other rugged cases out there with better quality IMO

AB Lambert

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
Symmetry Series PIECE OF c@!P. I returned my case (my mobile got damaged in the area that was the most padded). Going to get milspec case.

A.B.

Michael#IM

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
I'm using the commuter , perfect fit. Had a commuter on my 5s for a year and still looked like new when i took it out.

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I decided to wait on the Symmetry case that I like to come in, but my coworker got a 6 with a Defender on it and it looked horrible.

Hers also moved around in the case and the touch screen didn't work well either. I told her she should return it, but she's scared of breaking the phone. It's her first smartphone! Lol

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I decided to wait on the Symmetry case that I like to come in, but my coworker got a 6 with a Defender on it and it looked horrible.

Hers also moved around in the case and the touch screen didn't work well either. I told her she should return it, but she's scared of breaking the phone. It's her first smartphone! Lol

The Commuter has a 2 piece design like the Defender but it's slimmer, and doesn't have the built in protector. Symmetry doesn't cover the bottom ports either.

iTechHead

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I returned my commuter for the defender. The ports were to lose and that's just asking for lint to come inside the case. My defender seems alright.

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
The Commuter has a 2 piece design like the Defender but it's slimmer, and doesn't have the built in protector. Symmetry doesn't cover the bottom ports either.

I like the Commuters. I had 2 for my 4s and 2 for my 5s. Since this phone is bigger, I wanted to try a smaller Otterbox.

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I usually bounce between the commuter and the defender. I'm not big on the plastic of the commuter though. Doesn't normally last long. My only problem now is that I have a 6+ and no Otterbox period.

Sent from my Sensationally Silver 16 GB iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

eastbayrae

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I have the Defender which makes my $900 phone look like something Fischer-Price made. I had to change SIM cards yesterday and released how bad these cases make these beautiful phones look.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I have the Defender which makes my $900 phone look like something Fischer-Price made. I had to change SIM cards yesterday and released how bad these cases make these beautiful phones look.

That's why I don't use Otterboxes. Too bulky and ugly.

summerlin18

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I have the Otterbox Symmetry for my 6 and it is perfect for everyday carrying when paired with a tempered glass screen protector. But I also have the lunatik taktik 360 preordered for when the going gets rough!

MuttX7

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I'll agree about the CandyShell. I have the CandyShell Grip and I'm very happy with it. I originally bought the Defender just before launch and had to send it back. My phone didn't move inside the case like some report but the screen protector killed the touch screen sensitivity.

Last edited:

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
One more for the CandyShell! Just picked up a Black/Red over the weekend and it's awesome. I also have the grip version and an Otterbox Symmetry. This is hands down my favorite. It looks great and offers some nice protection too. Definitely worth looking into!