Since Apple Pay launched today has anyone had a chance to use it yet in a real world setting. If so how was the process ?

Thanks
    10-20-2014 01:14 PM
    Since Apple Pay launched today has anyone had a chance to use it yet in a real world setting. If so how was the process ?

Thanks
    I haven't even been able to upgrade the OS yet. Stuck at work and we don't do wifi here.
    10-20-2014 01:22 PM
    I'm at the Apple Store and right now downloading iOS 8.1 on my iPhone 6. I think I might be able to test Apple pay as I'm here to replace a water damaged iPhone 5S via Apple Care.

Lets see if it is accepted here... :P
    kataran likes this.
    10-20-2014 01:27 PM
    I'm at the Apple Store and right now downloading iOS 8.1 on my iPhone 6. I think I might be able to test Apple pay as I'm here to replace a water damaged iPhone 5S via Apple Care.

Lets see if it is accepted here... :P
    Keep Us posted!!
    10-20-2014 01:44 PM
    8.1 Loaded very smoothly no problems loaded up two credit cards..I was surprised that no Master Cards are accepted at this time just Chase Visa Wells Fargo and AMEX. When I tried loading the Master Card which is a Chase card it would not accept it. Ok so I tried to load a Chase Visa Amazon Card and it would not accept at this time so I ended up loading my AMEX and Wells Fargo at this time,,,I have not tried at this time to use it.
    10-20-2014 02:03 PM
    I updated and set up Apple Pay: Found out that my main debit/credit card is not supported (Schwab) but I also have a BoA one so I entered that, it was very easy. Now I have yet to use it, I hope to try it today.
    10-20-2014 02:06 PM
    Ahaa! I contacted Schwab and they say they are planning to add Apple Pay, there's no set date yet. *is happy*
    10-20-2014 02:12 PM
    I'm hoping we'll get to see Apple Pay support here in Canada, eventually...

Read a few articles claiming that the banks (or at least TD) aren't expecting it here for at least another year. That's disappointing if so. We have such an abundance of NFC-enabled pay terminals here, it would be rather silly of the banks/credit co's here not to take advantage of it. Especially if it's just because of Apple's tiny service fee/cut of the payment amounts...

As of yet, unless I'm doing something wrong, the Passbook app on my 6 (iOS 8.1 of course) doesn't even let me scan in a credit card, so I'm assuming it's currently disabled for non-US users?
    10-20-2014 02:18 PM
    8.1 Loaded very smoothly no problems loaded up two credit cards..I was surprised that no Master Cards are accepted at this time just Chase Visa Wells Fargo and AMEX. When I tried loading the Master Card which is a Chase card it would not accept it. Ok so I tried to load a Chase Visa Amazon Card and it would not accept at this time so I ended up loading my AMEX and Wells Fargo at this time,,,I have not tried at this time to use it.
    I stand corrected BOfA Master Card is accepted..
    10-20-2014 02:29 PM
    Keep Us posted!!
    It works like a charm - I only had AMEX added from the iTunes account so didn't need to select anything.
    10-20-2014 02:39 PM
    It works like a charm - I only had AMEX added from the iTunes account so didn't need to select anything.
    Great!
    10-20-2014 02:42 PM
    Set up my BoA and Capital One cards. Cap One was easier as it didn't require me to call them to set it up, i was able to set it up using the Cap One app. Now i need to test it!
    10-20-2014 02:44 PM
    Yep set up Apple Pay and it saw my Amex in iTunes and asked if I wanted to use that.

I am all set up and ready to shop on the way home from work
    10-20-2014 03:03 PM
    Yep set up Apple Pay and it saw my Amex in iTunes and asked if I wanted to use that.

I am all set up and ready to shop on the way home from work
    Let us know how you get on!!
    10-20-2014 03:14 PM
    It would not load my Amazon Chase Visa either. I was able to load my Chase Visa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-20-2014 05:09 PM
    Grrrr.

My bank (credit union) is not participating because "to use Apple Pay you have to take a photo of your credit/debit card and it gets stored in the 'cloud'. You know, Apple's cloud was recently hacked. So we are not participating in an effort to protect you". Not sure how you fight this kind of ignorance.

And yes, I am looking for a new bank. Wow.
    the_tech_eater likes this.
    10-20-2014 05:20 PM
    Grrrr.

My bank (credit union) is not participating because "to use Apple Pay you have to take a photo of your credit/debit card and it gets stored in the 'cloud'. You know, Apple's cloud was recently hacked. So we are not participating in an effort to protect you". Not sure how you fight this kind of ignorance.

And yes, I am looking for a new bank. Wow.
    You're kidding.
    10-20-2014 05:28 PM
    You're kidding.
    I wish I was. Dead serious.
    10-20-2014 05:30 PM
    I wish I was. Dead serious.
    W. O. W.
    10-20-2014 05:30 PM
    My bank doesn't support it yet. Soon, I will be able to use it though! Can't wait!
    10-20-2014 06:55 PM
    You don't need to store a photo of your card. I added a card and I had the option to take a photo to read the numbers or I could enter it manually
    10-20-2014 07:28 PM
    You don't need to store a photo of your card. I added a card and I had the option to take a photo to read the numbers or I could enter it manually
    My point wasn't that you don't have to store the image of the card. It was they didn't have a clue.
    10-20-2014 07:31 PM
    I just used Apple Pay at a Subway. The lady ringing me up was like WHOAAAA!
    10-20-2014 07:50 PM
    I remember hearing in the ApplePay announcement that Tim Cook said Apple does not have your account number info anywhere (EDIT: verified in the link I gave below). Wells Fargo told me its actually using a digital account number that is different than your plastic card number, your real acct number that is, which is why you can continue to use your plastic card if your phone is lost/stolen. You can read about it here - in fact the picture taken is encrypted but as Hank said you don't have to take a picture.
    Apple Pay security and privacy overview

I added 1 AMEX, verified an AMEX for iTunes, added 2 VISA, and 1 debit. These were Wells Fargo, and Chase. The Chase required 2 step verification as an additional step in verify, maybe because my account is set up that way.

The security explanation I gave the link to is interesting - the digital acct number is unique to a device, and stored encrypted in the SecureElement on the device so iOS doesn't have access to it.

Nothing is perfect, but I suspect soon we will laugh at the banks that think carrying around plastic with your name and account number visible, and your info on an easily readable magnetic strip, is secure :-)
    10-20-2014 07:54 PM
    My bank doesn't accept Apple Pay yet, USAA. Go figure they were supposed to be one of the first then decided not to open it up the day Apple decided to update. :/
    10-20-2014 09:35 PM
70 123