How do I save an MP3 as a ringtone or notification?

Lloyd Wilcox

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Save mp3 as ringtone or notification

I had a slew of txt messages with a mp3 attached from a local radio station that I love. They have a ton of sounds you download and can make them your ringtone or notification. Had them sent to my new i6 no different than I did with my old droid. BTW I love the i6 compared to my HTC. First Apple product since my ipod 10 years ago. Anyway, I was able to save them by holding my finger on the mp3 but, have no idea where they went to or how to put them in with other ringtones and or notifications. Ahhhh!

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks you in advance.

Willy

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Re: Save mp3 as ringtone or notification

I had a slew of txt messages with a mp3 attached from a local radio station that I love. They have a ton of sounds you download and can make them your ringtone or notification. Had them sent to my new i6 no different than I did with my old droid. BTW I love the i6 compared to my HTC. First Apple product since my ipod 10 years ago. Anyway, I was able to save them by holding my finger on the mp3 but, have no idea where they went to or how to put them in with other ringtones and or notifications. Ahhhh!

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks you in advance.

Willy

Unfortunately I don't think you can save audio files and set them as ringtones on iOS without some sort of jailbreak. Yes, this is one thing that I wish would change

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

Actually, you can make any ol' MP3 file a tone... just make it 30 seconds long... and there are apps to help create ringtones...

Lloyd Wilcox

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site

Go figure. I guess I will have to wait or find another way. Maybe download in computer and push it over when connected.

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site

You have to do it through iTunes. In a nutshell, import into iTunes, convert to AAC, view in explorer, change file extension to m4r. It's a pain.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711