So this chinese friend just used her iphone for a day and Geez he smashed the screen. As of that was just the screen I mean the phone doesn't work at all. Please use a phone case. It's not funny

iPhone 5S Gold ( iOS 7.1.2 )
    10-15-2014 04:27 AM
    Or be careful with your 1000 dollar device.

It no different than anything you own. Be careful and treat your phone with care.

Accidents happen, but carelessness is unacceptable.
    10-15-2014 05:14 AM
    Was it a he or her, not that it matters I'll s definitely be getting a case when I get mine.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    Hiri89 likes this.
    10-15-2014 07:20 AM
    what exactly happened? did he sit on it?
    10-15-2014 08:59 AM
    what exactly happened? did he sit on it?
    No he said he dropped it

10-15-2014 09:48 AM
    No he said he dropped it

I’m calling BS. That bend and resulting separation of the screen from the body is NOT the result of a drop. A dropped phone would have a shattered screen or scrapes, scuffs and scratches or possibly a combination of those issues. The bend was either from sitting on it for a prolonged period or intentional.

There’s no story here, except that of someone trying to prove something at the risk of destroying their $1000 phone.

Next?
    10-15-2014 10:13 AM
    Im calling BS. That bend and resulting separation of the screen from the body is NOT the result of a drop. A dropped phone would have a shattered screen or scrapes, scuffs and scratches or possibly a combination of those issues. The bend was either from sitting on it for a prolonged period or intentional.

Theres no story here, except that of someone trying to prove something at the risk of destroying their $1000 phone.

Next?
    Well that's what he said. I'm not sure which is right though. I never saw with my eyes how it happened. By the way do you mean, if that phone dropped sideways so hard on a rock or something, the only possibility is a shattered screen or scrapes or scuffs? Why would someone in his right sense buy a phone worth of $1000 and destroy it intentional that's absolute not common. Well you might be maybe he slept or sat on it will confirm that. Again the guy said he dropped it. As to how it dropped I am not aware of it.

10-15-2014 10:32 AM
    Was it a he or her, not that it matters I'll s definitely be getting a case when I get mine.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    He

10-15-2014 10:33 AM
    Well that's what he said. I'm not sure which is right though. I never saw with my eyes how it happened. By the way do you mean, if that phone dropped sideways so hard on a rock or something, the only possibility is a shattered screen or scrapes or scuffs?
    I wasn’t there, either, so I cannot say absolutely. But if it was "dropped so hard on a rock or something", I would expect to see some other signs of damage - dents, scratches, scrapes, etc. The body is made of aluminum, which is a relatively soft metal. The fact that the phone is bent in one direction with no other signs of physical damage that would be evident in the case of a "hard drop" (not sure what that is) is, at best, suspect. I’m just not convinced this happened as he said it did.
    geekymcfly and Jazmac like this.
    10-15-2014 10:37 AM
    I wasnt there, either, so I cannot say absolutely. But if it was "dropped so hard on a rock or something", I would expect to see some other signs of damage - dents, scratches, scrapes, etc. The body is made of aluminum, which is a relatively soft metal. The fact that the phone is bent in one direction with no other signs of physical damage that would be evident in the case of a "hard drop" (not sure what that is) is, at best, suspect. Im just not convinced this happened as he said it did.
    Wait I will follow up and show you more photos of other sides that were damaged

10-15-2014 10:40 AM
    There were some physical damages on the sides. We both didn't take any shot of other damaged sides

10-15-2014 10:46 AM
    amazes me, I never use a case, I just use my phone.

people are so destructive.

what did he drop of off a skyscraper ?

guy should buy a flip phone, he is not worthy of a glass phone

SSHEEESSSSHHHHHHHHHH
    10-15-2014 11:00 AM
    Wait I will follow up and show you more photos of other sides that were damaged

Will still let him take the other sides have asked him to send it tomorrow but just to confirm.

10-15-2014 11:03 AM
    amazes me, I never use a case, I just use my phone.

people are so destructive.

what did he drop of off a skyscraper ?

guy should buy a flip phone, he is not worthy of a glass phone

SSHEEESSSSHHHHHHHHHH
    Things happen bro. I remember back in the day I had a Sprint EVO and I did not use a case. Hell I never used a case. One day I was outside my house and I think I was swinging at a gnat or a fly and dropped my phone. Ever since then I have kept some protection on it. Things and life happens. Props to you for being uber careful on the using of your device man.
    10-15-2014 11:45 AM
    That damage is physically impossible due to just dropping it. I call BS. Someone is not telling the truth. Goodness knows there have been enough drop tests to show how it reacts when you drop it.
    Last edited by jdhooghe; 10-16-2014 at 04:31 AM.
    geekymcfly and Jazmac like this.
    10-15-2014 04:34 PM
    Yeah, that doesn't look so much "dropped on the ground" as it does "thrown at a rock with great velocity".
    10-15-2014 10:37 PM
    I kinda want to know why we needed to know it was his Chinese friend. Why does that matter.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk
    shief24 likes this.
    10-15-2014 11:16 PM
    I kinda want to know why we needed to know it was his Chinese friend. Why does that matter.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk
    Anyone said it matters? We are talking about a damaged phone and as to whether he sat on it or dropped or something and you are here talking chinese friend? If you don't have anything to say just don't go off thread.

10-15-2014 11:35 PM
    Yeah, that doesn't look so much "dropped on the ground" as it does "thrown at a rock with great velocity".
    Yeah I believe so. Just a normal drop wouldn't be that so bad.

10-15-2014 11:36 PM
    It looks to me like another jackass bending his phone. It really irritates me how people act so surprised at the result of intentionally trying to break something. Wake up turds and get a life.
    10-15-2014 11:37 PM
    Anyone said it matters? We are talking about a damaged phone and as to whether he sat on it or dropped or something and you are here talking chinese friend? If you don't have anything to say just don't go off thread.
    Dial it back just a bit, ok?
    10-15-2014 11:46 PM
    I'm surprised why people keep thinking he intentionally bent it. That was the reason I sent that chat yet people still think it was bent intentionally. Don't we all believe in accidents? Why is it so hard to believe that if accident happens that phone can damage as bad as that? So is it like a kind of new thing that the only option to damage an iphone 6 just as in that photo is to only bend it intentionally? That, I don't think so

10-15-2014 11:56 PM
    Dial it back just a bit, ok?
    Ok. Fine it doesn't really matter anyway

10-16-2014 12:03 AM
    I'm surprised why people keep thinking he intentionally bent it. That was the reason I sent that chat yet people still think it was bent intentionally. Don't we all believe in accidents? Why is it so hard to believe that if accident happens that phone can damage as bad as that? So is it like a kind of new thing that the only option to damage an iphone 6 just as in that photo is to only bend it intentionally? That, I don't think so

Why? Because, as I said in my first post in this thread, it does not look like damage from being dropped. The way that the screen is pulled away from the bent frame, without any other damage - no scratches, no shattered screen, no damaged corners - looks like it was either sat on for a prolonged period of time, or that it was intentionally bent. Text messages notwithstanding, I'm not buying that he simply dropped his phone, resulting in that damage.
    iBright likes this.
    10-16-2014 12:32 AM
    Yeah I get your point. However, I will send you a clearer picture showing the scratches, a shattered screen and the damages on the sides. The way I took the photo didn't show all of that. I strongly believe your point. You're perfectly right it might not just be a drop. But there were scratches, the screen is shattered and the other sides were damaged.

10-16-2014 12:52 AM
41 12