iPhone 6 battery

FaisDogg

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
When people say calibrated, it means they used their phone from 100% to 0% and then fully charge for a cycle or 2. No one is sure if it actually helps, it is just rumored to help.

As far as I know newer battery don't require conditioning.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Can't see your battery usage but your facebook usage definitely seems pretty high ;)

That has to be the reason for it then. Not only is that app a hog on the ol' battery, but people are too addicted to using it. My wife would be a good example. :rolleyes:

Fit24

Trusted Member
Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
I am impressed with the iPhone 6 battery. My battery easily lasts a full day; much improved over my iPhone 4s.

Audizine

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
My battery is better than my iPhone 5, but is not as good as some of you are getting.
I leave for work at 6am and by the time I leave work at 4, I'm usually sitting around 15-20% except the last couple of days I had to charge before my drive home because the phone was about to die.
But I think it has to do with my work as I work on airplanes and I'm inside the hangar all day.
I wish I had the same battery life as some of you get. That's impressive!!

evornoss

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Tus is the best I've got so far on my iPhone 6, iOS 8.0.2. Not as impressive as most of you guys are getting! And I have NO background App-Refresh.

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1413485435.731696.jpg

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
I don't use mine all day like some do, little talk a lot of text usually a hour to hour and half workout with music, my third exchange though battery lasted 3 days, still had 27% left.

evornoss

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
I don't use mine all day like some do, little talk a lot of text usually a hour to hour and half workout with music, my third exchange though battery lasted 3 days, still had 27% left.

Three days? iPhone 6? Woah your battery is golden.

Btw.. What was wrong with The previous two iPhones?

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Three days? iPhone 6? Woah your battery is golden.

Btw.. What was wrong with The previous two iPhones?

The first iphone had extreme battery defect, on full charge with very little usage had about 8 -10 hours before needed charge. 8-10 hours being total standby time and usage together so screen was partially off for that time. My wifi also would go on and off. The second phone the employee dropped it in store, long story short the indirect verizon store refused to take it back so verizon sent me new one.

mitc5502

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm pretty satisfied after my first full day with the 6. Today I used my phone probably 5x more than I normally would, which included several hours of music listening, LTE usage, and shooting a few photos and slo-mo videos. We'll see how it continues to perform, but frankly it's rare that I drain my battery below 70%, since I have an iPad and MacBook that I do most of the heavy lifting.

I should mention that I keep my screen brightness pretty high and basically don't make any effort to increase battery life through turning off various features like background app refresh.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413519685.345783.jpg

Last edited:

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I easily get 2 days out of a single charge, however, I am completely OCD and maniacal about turning off apps and wifi, I keep my screen brightness at 50% and I turned off automatic updates, I do it manually.

AB Lambert

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
All,

I removed Foursquare and got significant battery improvement. I noticed that when I checked it was always using location services, but was never indicate as a high battery use because of the other apps I was using.

It has been a week since I deleted it and battery utilization is still great.

So you may want to check out how much some of your apps are using location services.

A.B.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I get a full day (unplug 830ish till 11pm). I usually have 15-40% remaining depending on usage. I always plug in at night. Can't complain.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1413599715.886678.jpg

It's amazing. That's my average. I haven't needed to charge more than every other day.

Turning off Facebook and making it not background update and track your location will save your battery.

austriak

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
My battery life is excellent unless I play games. For example, I played about 15 minutes of NBA 2k15 and it used 50%. I have noticed that graphic intensive games makes the iPhone 6 heat up way more than it did when I had a 5s, which contributes to quick battery drain.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bro-row

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
When people say calibrated, it means they used their phone from 100% to 0% and then fully charge for a cycle or 2. No one is sure if it actually helps, it is just rumored to help.

Calibrated simply means that you start at100% and let the phone die a day or 2 in a row. This is not to "condition" the battery, it is to line the % up with the battery icon (and the battery itself) so they accurately reflect one another. The battery does not need to be conditioned.

njshoregurlz

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Turn off notifications on FB that will help some I bet I don't turn off app refresh I heard conflicting stuff i wonder which is better keep it on or turn it off?

ShowGun901

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
I'm pretty satisfied after my first full day with the 6. Today I used my phone probably 5x more than I normally would, which included several hours of music listening, LTE usage, and shooting a few photos and slo-mo videos. We'll see how it continues to perform, but frankly it's rare that I drain my battery below 70%, since I have an iPad and MacBook that I do most of the heavy lifting.

I should mention that I keep my screen brightness pretty high and basically don't make any effort to increase battery life through turning off various features like background app refresh.

View attachment 68624

no kidding! your bluetooths active during your screenshot LOL!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal