Where are all the iPhone 6 and 6+ going?

Espo

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I've been trying to get a grasp on the whole backorder status of all iPhone 6 and 6 Pluses. I check 2 sites daily looking for an iPhone locally in stores so I can just go and pickup (iStocknow that searches apple/best buy/radio shack/target -and- the seaturtle site that checks all apple stores) and as of this morning there are NO 6 or 6 plus for AT&T ANYWHERE near me to be found, and actually according to seaturtle there is ONE store in the USA with an AT&T 6 plus, and NONE even close to me with an AT&T iPhone 6. Now what blows my mind is Apple/Foxconn's claim that they have 200,000 employees that can make 400,000 iPhone 6 and 140,000 iPhone 6 Pluses every day, working 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This is day 24 since launch day, and you can imagine they had A LOT of devices made before launch day, but lets think just since launch day...so in 24 days they have produced 9,600,000 iPhone 6's and 3,360,000 iPhone 6 Pluses....so where are they all going? I understand the 6 plus is the most in demand, and I believe 10,000,000 iPhone 6/6+ were ordered in the USA, but yet I cannot find a single 6 or 6 plus anywhere around me to go and buy...something isn't adding up. And to boot, my 6+ I have on order (ordered 9/19) is not scheduled to deliver until 11/9-11/27...

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
There in my Basement, would you like to purchase one? (only kidding). It seems as though this happens every year. I actually think it's done on purpose.

Fit24

Trusted Member
Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
I guess it depends on where you are located. Not sure about AT&T in my area but my Sprint 64GB 6 plus arrived last week; weeks ahead of schedule. I was even able to exchange it in store for a 128GB 6.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
There are many, many factors at play I believe.
1. Sites like Seaturtle are not entirely accurate
2. The claims by Foxconn/Apple are estimates and any variability in those estimates based on any given time can render your figures inaccurate
3. Of the phones having been/being produced, you have many different carriers fighting for the phones in addition to AT&T
4. The United States had dibs on phones for about 1 week. The number of countries hit 20 on September 26, with an additional 36 countries/territories by the end of this month (with China and India included)
5. The iphone 6+ has by FAR exceeded Apple's planned expectations, albeit it appears their expectations were low to begin with. That doesn't help matters for those in the market for the 6+.
6. You also have those Foxconn workers trying to produce the upcoming tablets which according to rumors, many have been pulled off of the tablet lines to help with the iphone demand.

So yeah, while it might seem on the surface like you should have no problem finding an iPhone....there are quite a few things at play here.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

They should have to get in line...

They did. Across the US on launch day. Did you see the videos from NYC and SFO (for example)?

Sorry that you’re still waiting for your iPhone 6/6 Plus. This scenario is not new. Apple does this every year with the new iPhone launch. Millions upon millions sold. Millions more waiting. And the larger screen sizes this year have made it worse. About all you can do is keep looking and be patient.

Espo

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
They did. Across the US on launch day. Did you see the videos from NYC and SFO (for example)?

Sorry that you?re still waiting for your iPhone 6/6 Plus. This scenario is not new. Apple does this every year with the new iPhone launch. Millions upon millions sold. Millions more waiting. And the larger screen sizes this year have made it worse. About all you can do is keep looking and be patient.

This is the only reason I'm being impatient and wondering why it's taking so long to fulfill orders is because I'm using this phone since my iPhone 5 broke on me. Oh and I've ordered every iPhone to date and never had to wait more than 2 weeks, maybe I was lucky in the past and my luck wore out...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413296619.917739.jpg

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
This is the only reason I'm being impatient and wondering why it's taking so long to fulfill orders is because I'm using this phone since my iPhone 5 broke on me. Oh and I've ordered every iPhone to date and never had to wait more than 2 weeks, maybe I was lucky in the past and my luck wore out...

View attachment 68336

Woah. I am now feeling your pain. That said, the 6/6+ will feel even that more amazing once you get it!!

Espo

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Woah. I am now feeling your pain. That said, the 6/6+ will feel even that more amazing once you get it!!

Yes, and I am using my iPad mini with Verizon service for email/iMessage/calender so when I do get my hands on the Plus, it will actually feel small :laughing:

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I've been trying to get a grasp on the whole backorder status of all iPhone 6 and 6 Pluses. I check 2 sites daily looking for an iPhone locally in stores so I can just go and pickup (iStocknow that searches apple/best buy/radio shack/target -and- the seaturtle site that checks all apple stores) and as of this morning there are NO 6 or 6 plus for AT&T ANYWHERE near me to be found, and actually according to seaturtle there is ONE store in the USA with an AT&T 6 plus, and NONE even close to me with an AT&T iPhone 6. Now what blows my mind is Apple/Foxconn's claim that they have 200,000 employees that can make 400,000 iPhone 6 and 140,000 iPhone 6 Pluses every day, working 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This is day 24 since launch day, and you can imagine they had A LOT of devices made before launch day, but lets think just since launch day...so in 24 days they have produced 9,600,000 iPhone 6's and 3,360,000 iPhone 6 Pluses....so where are they all going? I understand the 6 plus is the most in demand, and I believe 10,000,000 iPhone 6/6+ were ordered in the USA, but yet I cannot find a single 6 or 6 plus anywhere around me to go and buy...something isn't adding up. And to boot, my 6+ I have on order (ordered 9/19) is not scheduled to deliver until 11/9-11/27...

Well since they are opening it up to more countries, that is where they are going. Apple waits longer to start production and were completely caught off guard with how the 6+ would be in such demand(not sure how that is possible when you are paying someone to figure that out, but guess they get what they pay for, because clearly that person should be fired) so I wouldn't expect them to be easy to get until January at the earliest, especially with all these new countries that are now getting the iPhone as well.

TheRewardisCheese

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site

View attachment 68336

Quick, someone get this man an iphone stat. This pains me to see.

@OP, just be patient, you will be able find one eventually, and once you do, you will appreciate it all the more :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR