Not sure what case to choose for the Iphone 6.

arkon2014

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
I just got an iphone 6 and am trying to decide on what case to get. I usually, in my past phones, go with more protection. So I am looking at the Otterbox Defender. However, a relative purchased one and I am not fond of the built in screen protector due to there being space between. So I am looking at two options:

1) Buy the otterbox defender and take out the screen protector and put my own in.

Questions: will the case be loose or damage the phone by taking the screen protector out? For those that have done this, any advice?

2) I am looking at this case: This case is pretty much opposite of the defender and makes it slimmer. I really really like this case, but I am worried about it not having enough protection for such an expensive phone.

THIS CASE: I can't post links yet: iPhone 6 Case, SUPCASE Apple iPhone 6 Case 4.7 inch [Unicorn Beetle Series] Premium Hybrid Protective Bumper Case Cover for iPhone 6 (Clear/Black/Black)

I know there are other threads about kind of similar topics, but I am having the hardest time deciding whether or not to go tons of protection and tear out the screen protector...or...go with the bumper. Any thoughts will help, thanks!

Bro-row

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Get the Speck Candyshell and any screen protector (I have Zagg). I have tried them ALL and this combination is the best. I know I didn't answer your specific question but after YEARS worth of different cases/screen protectors I skip straight to this combo. Not too thick but excellent shock absorption and protection.

md17

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Get the unicorn beetle you posted. I bought it, put a glass screen protector on my phone and popped the built in screen protector off. This case us slimmer and more sturdy than otter box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RescueEMT911

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I have a white iphone 6 with a Otterbkx Defender black exterior/white shell, took the screen protector out and put a tempered glass one on, and I must say I love the look and feel of it! But I have for the most part always liked the defender case for the grip.. The black and white colors look nice though!

mistabritt

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
I've got a couple of cases:

The Speck Candyshell Grip case (Black and Gray) which has turned out to be my favorite case so far. Plus I have an Otterbox Defender too.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
If you are clumsy like my wife and drop your phone a lot I would go with one of those bulky protective cases. If you super careful and never drop you phone like myself, I would go with a very thin case to avoid scratches and such. I put the Apple leather case coupled with Zagg Glass on my Space Gray iP6, and I think it’s the best looking smart phone I’ve had to date.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Get the Speck Candyshell and any screen protector (I have Zagg). I have tried them ALL and this combination is the best for me. I know I didn't answer your specific question but after YEARS worth of different cases/screen protectors I skip straight to this combo. Not too thick but excellent shock absorption and protection.

fixed. ;)

I like the Tech21 cases... slim but well protected. Not quite like a Defender, of course, but if you're considering a bumper of some sort, be sure to check them out.

Darthstorm528

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Had Otterboxes in the past and it's just too bulky and uncomfortable in the hands so it never lasted for me. I go with the Tech 21 cases for protection without the bulk.
The EVO mesh is only available through Apple stores.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Had Otterboxes in the past and it's just too bulky and uncomfortable in the hands so it never lasted for me. I go with the Tech 21 cases for protection without the bulk.
The EVO mesh is only available through Apple stores.

I liked the Commuter on the 5 at times but never could like it on the 6. I tried, twice, but both went back. I have the clear/white Tech21 Evo Mesh now and love it. Will swap it with the Tech21 Tactical time to time.

Darthstorm528

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I liked the Commuter on the 5 at times but never could like it on the 6. I tried, twice, but both went back. I have the clear/white Tech21 Evo Mesh now and love it. Will swap it with the Tech21 Tactical time to time.

I'm actually going to try and get the clear/white one, probably be perfect for the gold phone

Rnkriis

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
I have the Neo Hybrid case and love it... If your looking for max protection then the Otterbox is the way to go. But, if your careful and just want a case for protection of the phone there are many options out there.

B_Wat

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
This is the case that I got and I would highly recommend it. It isn't as bulky as the otterbox defender and it provides more protection iMoreAppImg_20141103_211851.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73