New-Jumping out of my skin?

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone!
I just ordered an iPhone 6 (16gb, i don't store music on my phone or take too many pictures) and it is supposed to arrive on Thursday. I am so excited that I am practically jumping out of my skin lol. I keep checking the Apple website every hour or so. This is my first iPhone. I had a Galaxy S3(it was pretty good, but unreliable) and a Nokia 920( hated it, will NEVER try Windows Phone again). After not being able to stomach the 920 I returned it and ordered the iPhone 6. I also have bought like 10 cases and I don't even have the phone yet!
Any way does any one have any tips for calming my excitement? Were you excited right before you got your new phone? My husband keeps looking at me funny because I made a song and dance routine called "I'm getting an iPhone, Team iPhone rules!" I'm thinking about selling the lyrics to Miley Cyrus. You know to help raise funds for the Macbook Pro I plan on buying in January ;)

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
You could just go to Best Buy and play with their iPhones while you wait. I think I would have opted for the 64 Gig model just my thought. Anyways, I know the feeling of waiting for a new device, I almost pulled the plug on one yesterday. I'm sure you'll be happy when you get it.

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
I thought about the 64 gb model but I don't store that many photos or much music. I also delete apps regularly. On phones that I have used in the past I could barely get past 6-8 gigs. If I'm not going to use the space it just seemed like a waste of money. I think I may go to best buy. That's a great idea!

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Leave your wallet at home and go to the apple store. You will get your fill pretty quick.

And congratulations on your new iPhone.

Lesawags

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
The excitement is part of the fun . I always get real excited when my order is on the way. Launch day for new iPhones is my Christmas morning when I was a kid. I understand the hubby looking at you like you've lost your mind.. Lol mine does the same. I told my hubby 4 years ago, if you don't gripe about me getting a new IPhone every year, you have a free pass for all holidays, anniversaries and birthdays and never have to buy me another present. he thought I was kidding, I wasn't. It has worked out exceptionally well. I was thrilled with the deal and after a couple of months he felt bad about just getting me cards, so I get gifts as well. If I didn't, I still wouldn't care. let us know when you get it. You'll love it.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I watch a ton of videos on YouTube when I'm excited about a new item arriving. It helps calm my anxiousness! I'm actually waiting for my 6+ (I had the 6 and took them back) and I watch videos almost everyday. Reviews, case reviews, camera test, etc.

I also go to the store to play with the demo and hope that it helps as well.

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Leave your wallet at home and go to the apple store. You will get your fill pretty quick.

And congratulations on your new iPhone.

Haha. I definitly would need to leave the wallet at home. I haven't used Apple products in a while but since ordering the iPhone I now have a whole checklist of things I want to buy. ;)

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
I watch a ton of videos on YouTube when I'm excited about a new item arriving. It helps calm my anxiousness! I'm actually waiting for my 6+ (I had the 6 and took them back) and I watch videos almost everyday. Reviews, case reviews, camera test, etc.

I also go to the store to play with the demo and hope that it helps as well.

It's good to know I'm not the only one. I love the what's on my iPhone tags on Youtube. Those and the iPhone case collection videos are how I spend most of my time on the internet! They help but at the same time make me more excited lol. I am so ready for Thursday to get here! :) I can already tell I'm gonna have a case addiction.

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
The excitement is part of the fun . I always get real excited when my order is on the way. Launch day for new iPhones is my Christmas morning when I was a kid. I understand the hubby looking at you like you've lost your mind.. Lol mine does the same. I told my hubby 4 years ago, if you don't gripe about me getting a new IPhone every year, you have a free pass for all holidays, anniversaries and birthdays and never have to buy me another present. he thought I was kidding, I wasn't. It has worked out exceptionally well. I was thrilled with the deal and after a couple of months he felt bad about just getting me cards, so I get gifts as well. If I didn't, I still wouldn't care. let us know when you get it. You'll love it.

Wait you get a new iPhone every year? LUCKY!! I buy all of my phones unlocked so my ifunds have to be legit before I can get a new phone lol. So have you practically had all of the iPhones then? The iPhone 6 looks awesome but I really like the build and look of the iPhone 5s as well. I kind of want the 5s and the 6 but I feel like that might be overkill :p My husband says I have been bitten by the Apple bug now. I can feel and obsession starting! :rolleyes:

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone!
I just ordered an iPhone 6 (16gb, i don't store music on my phone or take too many pictures) and it is supposed to arrive on Thursday. I am so excited that I am practically jumping out of my skin lol. I keep checking the Apple website every hour or so. This is my first iPhone. I had a Galaxy S3(it was pretty good, but unreliable) and a Nokia 920( hated it, will NEVER try Windows Phone again). After not being able to stomach the 920 I returned it and ordered the iPhone 6. I also have bought like 10 cases and I don't even have the phone yet!
Any way does any one have any tips for calming my excitement? Were you excited right before you got your new phone? My husband keeps looking at me funny because I made a song and dance routine called "I'm getting an iPhone, Team iPhone rules!" I'm thinking about selling the lyrics to Miley Cyrus. You know to help raise funds for the Macbook Pro I plan on buying in January ;)

Sadly, there are no tips to give. Other than perhaps take up a hobby? Paint your house? Take up brain surgery????:tongue:

It's painful. And yes, I was over the top excited. And to save for the Macbook Pro....I'm there right with you. So trust me, I know the pain.

Lesawags

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Wait you get a new iPhone every year? LUCKY!! I buy all of my phones unlocked so my ifunds have to be legit before I can get a new phone lol. So have you practically had all of the iPhones then? The iPhone 6 looks awesome but I really like the build and look of the iPhone 5s as well. I kind of want the 5s and the 6 but I feel like that might be overkill :p My husband says I have been bitten by the Apple bug now. I can feel and obsession starting! :rolleyes:

Yes my case addiction is insane.. I just got back from buying 2 more for my 6+.
I didn't start buying Apple products until the iphone 4. I've had every iPhone since the 4.
I have bagged all my cases from the use of my 5 and 5s, would you believe I have like 92?? That's INSANE.. Lol.. I'm planning on selling them on eBay . I pass my used IPhones down to my hubby, and he passes his old IPhones down to our son. It's a family plan. I've really fallen in love with the cases from X-Doria and Sonix. You have to do a google search for those 2 case makers.. I think you'll love them. Have fun and let us know when your new toy arrives.

boovish

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Try to put your mind off of it by going to a local thrift shop, or pawn shop and look for some sort of vintage contraption. I found an old typewriter for $5, and I spent about 3 days messing around with it

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR