Okay I been an apple iPhone fanboy since 2008 ( prior to that I was a T- Mobile Sidekick fan ). I got a iPhone 6 (64 gig gold) launch weekend. Recently, I been out and about and really got some hands on time with the Samsung Galaxy phones, HTC phones, and the Windows Phones. I am honestly shocked and disappointed how much apple is lagging behind these other phones in some areas. I love the iPhone 6 but I wish it was at least 5.2 inches instead of 4.7 inches.

There are some other bells and whistles that the other phones have that the iPhone doesn't , that I find impressive as well. But overall, I just like Apples IOS better which is one of the main things it has over the competition. However, the other phones such as the Galaxy is pretty freaking sweet and makes me kinda regret rushing and buying the iPhone 6. Anyone else feel like me? Don't get me wrong, I am not bashing the iPhone 6 it's a good phone. It's just that the iPhone isn't the most impressive phone on the market anymore. If my two week return period wasn't gone, I would be in a serious dilemma here lol.
    10-12-2014 01:43 AM
    did you forget about the i6plus? it is 5.5 inches...
    10-12-2014 02:06 AM
    What about the Galaxy phone is sweet? Also, it's never bad to test the waters with other devices. Being a "fanboy" is beyond overrated. I switch every year and see the greatness in the other worlds and wouldn't have it any other way.
    10-12-2014 02:50 AM
    Had the s4, s5 and the note 3. Even tried the moto x and lg g2. I don't see what's the things apple is lagging on. Those phone have issues. My main issue was all three Samsung phones would decide not to read the sd card. The note 3 just stopped reading my SIM card. After that I just got the iPhone 6 and I'm finally done spending money trying to find something better. iPhones are the best overall phones period. No matter what phone you try, anyone that started on the iPhone come back.
    10-12-2014 02:56 AM
    I think it's all relative IMO. I started out with blackberry back in the day the to iPhone then to android now I'm back with the iPhone. The list of phones I've had is honestly longer than I'd like to admit but in all things both OS's have their ups and downs. I don't think u can rank a best device or OS anymore. I think it's more what's the best device/OS for u. I know that sounds corny but when it boils down to it it's true. Just my 2 cents.
    Lesawags, Fit24, mpman007 and 1 others like this.
    10-12-2014 04:31 AM
    The other phones are nice, they do have some nice features that iOS does not have, but the manufactures UI’s on android are buggy. I like pure android so I usually stick with the Google editions. I know it’s not totally pure it has Google bloat but I like it. HTC and Motorola have the best UI’s in my opinion.

Right now its iOS and Apple hardware for me, if one of the other phone manufactures made a phone with equal touch id and camera I’d take a look at it.
    daVinzy likes this.
    10-12-2014 06:41 AM
    All the phone the days are good. They all have these pluses and minuses but in the end it's which ever phone you have invested in. I have been an apple user for years so my money is tired up in the apps for iOS. If I wanted to switch then I would need to rebuy all of my regular apps. I have Android devices and have tied them out to be my daily drivers and it was not horrible but I can't justify forgetting all that money again.
    Premium1 likes this.
    10-12-2014 07:01 AM
    did you forget about the i6plus? it is 5.5 inches...

I know about the plus but honestly I think 5.5 is a bit to big. The Galxy hit the sweet spot of 5- 5.1 inches.
    10-12-2014 08:42 AM
    I don't have buyers remorse at all. The iPhone was getting too small for me, so the release of the 6 was good timing on Apples end as far as I'm concerned. I also believe my 6 has the best connectivity, and best call quality of any iPhone I've ever owned. I still use my iPhone mainly as a communication device, so that's a real plus.
    H_D likes this.
    10-12-2014 09:06 AM
    I use all phones but after having them for periods of time my fall back device is always the iPhone. No matter how many months I go using an HTC One or Samsung Galaxy device (which now sucks because they're repeating too; S-series & Note series). When you get tired of the lags, and extra few steps to find what you're looking for, as well as other few things....I sell that device and my iPhone is back in use. I buy the iPhone on release every year and I use to buy those on release every year too but last year was the first year I didn't use anything else other than the HTC One and that wasn't used as a daily driver.

However, for someone who hasn't used them, maybe it is exciting for you. Maybe you'll sell your iPhone to get one. It's a cool experience for a first timer.
    TheRewardisCheese and daVinzy like this.
    10-12-2014 09:18 AM
    Not at all. Like most here I've used many different types of phones. For me in the end iOS just works. My family all used an iPhone or iPad and even Macs. Everything is integrated to the point there isn't too much thinking involved if one of my kids shares a calendar appointment or a reminder.

I have a few Apple TVs in my home with makes watching content extremely easy. With the new family sharing everyone now has options of using most of the apps I have along with all the movies and tv shows.

In the end you need what is good for you. I don't need something new every year I need something that works the way I want it too.
    mikah15 and Larry Marranzino like this.
    10-12-2014 09:33 AM
    I felt that way every time I bought a phone other than an iPhone honestly. I kept looking back. There was always at least something that ruined the package for me but my iPhone is different. It does everything I value most beautifully, elegantly and reliably. That is just me though. Every time I buy a phone, I make it a point to go and try out all the other devices. Sometimes for multiple hours. This is a lot of money to put down on a device and I want to make sure I have the best for me. I almost went for a Note 4. They upped the build quality finally and TouchWhiz looked semi-decent looking but as soon as I started seeing lag and the first app crashed, it made me take off the rose-colored glasses and not get sucked in to everything. I remembered the hours I spent trying to make Android work for me rather than the other way around and knew it would be the same here. That is just me though but I urge you to go try everything you can if you are able to Good luck with finding the right device for you!
    daVinzy likes this.
    10-12-2014 09:41 AM
    Nope...no remorse. I did my research and picked the phone I decided would be best for me.
    shief24 likes this.
    10-12-2014 09:49 AM
    I was prepared to answer with a lengthy outline of all the reasons behind my choice but realize, they're specific to me and my needs so really no need to do so.

No, not a single ounce of remorse. Not one.
    10-12-2014 10:17 AM
    Apparently this guy has a major issue with the 6 Plus.

http://forums.imore.com/iphone-6-plu...ml#post2364203
    10-12-2014 10:21 AM
    Nope, have what works the best for me, iPhone 6.
    10-12-2014 10:24 AM
    Apparently this guy has a major issue with the 6 Plus.

http://forums.imore.com/iphone-6-plu...ml#post2364203
    Not sure how I missed that one lol. I think I'll wait for his 3rd overall post in the forums in hopes that it's the abbreviated cliff notes version.
    10-12-2014 10:42 AM
    Not sure how I missed that one lol. I think I'll wait for his 3rd overall post in the forums in hopes that it's the abbreviated cliff notes version.
    Yeah, don’t bother wasting your time with that [Redacted]. Five minutes of my life that I’ll never get back.
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 10-12-2014 at 12:21 PM.
    10-12-2014 10:47 AM
    Buyers remorse?!?? OMG NO!!! I LOVE this phone!
    H_D, daVinzy and grover5 like this.
    10-12-2014 11:48 AM
    Okay I been an apple iPhone fanboy since 2008 ( prior to that I was a T- Mobile Sidekick fan ). I got a iPhone 6 (64 gig gold) launch weekend. Recently, I been out and about and really got some hands on time with the Samsung Galaxy phones, HTC phones, and the Windows Phones. I am honestly shocked and disappointed how much apple is lagging behind these other phones in some areas. I love the iPhone 6 but I wish it was at least 5.2 inches instead of 4.7 inches.

There are some other bells and whistles that the other phones have that the iPhone doesn't , that I find impressive as well. But overall, I just like Apples IOS better which is one of the main things it has over the competition. However, the other phones such as the Galaxy is pretty freaking sweet and makes me kinda regret rushing and buying the iPhone 6. Anyone else feel like me? Don't get me wrong, I am not bashing the iPhone 6 it's a good phone. It's just that the iPhone isn't the most impressive phone on the market anymore. If my two week return period wasn't gone, I would be in a serious dilemma here lol.
    There has always been great options on android. I don't really have buyers remorse in that regard (although the note 4 and droid turbo look sweet) I am more stuck between sticking with the 6 or buying a 6+. Then again I switch phones and OS quite often so for me I like trying new devices even if for only short periods of time. Apple has never been in the "spec war" and never will. They just now finally made a 1080p phone. You know what you will get with apple. A solid, device that works and won't give you too many issues (yes I know about IOS8 and those issues)
    calebt likes this.
    10-12-2014 11:57 AM
    Nope. I Iove the overall design of ios7/8 (not my favorite OS design ever but it is still gorgeous). I love the camera. I love having access to the highest quality apps. The iphone is still one of the most beautiful phones ever made. I love how the control center is on the bottom not in the notification shade (wish all OEMs did this). I love how smooth this software is. Oh and the iOS keyboard is the best smart phone on the market (other than windows phone) in my opinion.

So I can't get widgets on my home screen. Never found them
    really anymore than pretty much a way to launch an app. Plus in iOS 8 you don't have to be on the home screen to view them so it makes them more useful (I still don't use them though). So I can't get a new launcher or new app icons. I'm not crying that my home screen apps always look the same when I'm inside of a great app having a good user experience.

The software may be limited in aspects like being able to set defaults third party sharing but it doesn't bother me to take a second longer to share something.

And with iOS being more limited adds to the security. Speaking of security, Touch ID is ******* genius.

Not saying iOS is the best mobile OS but it is for me.

Oh I hate having to use iTunes to add music or ringtones to add non iTunes purchased music/ringtones but I'm used it.
    10-12-2014 12:04 PM
    To open widgets go to the Today view. Tap Edit. Apps that support widgets will be there.
    Attachment 68129
    Attachment 68130

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    10-12-2014 12:41 PM
    I was in android land for the last couple of years. I got devices with all these "cool" features but I rarely used many features after one month. The only thing I miss is the ability to use it as an IR blaster. In my opinion the competition is lagging in many areas apple has solidified. But the point is everything is subjective.
    10-12-2014 01:21 PM
    Nope. I just use what i have, if I buy it I use it with no regrets.
    10-12-2014 03:05 PM
    I do have buyer's remorse some days. I go back and forth on how I feel about my iPhone 6. Most days I'm glad I have it but some days I wish I would have gotten an Android this time around. I love the customization options on Android and they have a lot of smart watches to choose from right now too-- but, Jeez, that bloatware drives me bonkers!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    10-12-2014 05:56 PM
84 123 ...