Anyone else kinda have buyers remorse for the iPhone 6?

Miska Hietala

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Maybe Derek wants to join actually to iPhone camp. All these"questions" could point to the fact that he wants you guys to persuade him😉

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Since when was there an attack? I enjoy reading peoples responses defending the Apple.

Ok so this tells me that you plant these comments down because you like to watch people get defensive. If you haven't spent much time in a forum let me tell you that is textbook being a troll. Based on my time here I know that you are not interested in getting along with anyone and are only interested in affirmation from people that you made the right choice with a Samsung or android device. I personally like android as well and I own an s5. The reason I use my iPhone as my daily driver isn't the "specs" it's the ability to get through a day easily whilst things work perfectly together on the smoothest OS going. I wish you luck with your android device, but if you could please stop coming by to promote PC and Android products in a manner that you know and I know is going to get people's backs up that would be much appreciated. It's senseless and meaningless and is not productive conversation which most members here want.

born2ride41

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
I have to say I miss my 5s sometimes.... While I enjoy the bigger screen for videos and such I am finding it hard to get used to the bigger size....I know I know call me crazy lol

iPerry7

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
There are far better minds than mine here, who know more about ram and optimization and stuff, but i still feel compelled to add my two cents. I used an iphone 5s for almost 9 months before it was destroyed in a freak accident. That was back in August. Since I knew that apple would be launching a new phone in September, I saw no sense in buying another 5s, so i went for an android phone, the Galaxy S5. Let me add, that i have previously used an S2, had rooted it, rommed it beyond recognition, so i am no newbie as far as android is concerned.My experience with the 5s was amazing from the get go. When I bought the S5, i thought it would be way better than my previous samsung phone, the s2, what with the s2 being a dual core phone and the s5 an octacore one with 2 GB of ram. Boy was i wrong. While the apps opened a but faster than on the s2, the dialler lagged just as much. The gallery took literally 3-5 seconds to load. Compared to my iphone , the difference was night and day. The fingerprint scanner is a half baked mess on the S5. Samsung, in a bid to ape the 5s, added it as an afterthought. I have a better chance of winning the lottery than unlocking the phone with that so called fp scanner in one go. The s5 has a 16MP camera as against the 8MP shooter of the iphone, but when i compared picture quality, the iphone 5s had much more accuate colour, not to mention the fact that it has faster auto-focus and it opens the camera app much faster. In every department that matters to me, the iphone consistently outperformed the S5 (and even a nexus 4 that i have lying around). So i dunno about what Ram is or does, i dunno what cores do, i dunno whether apps are written with certain ram requirements in mind or not... What i do know from experience is that the iphone is better and faster at everything that matters to me. About apples hardware being outdated, i have seen my friends iphone 4s which is 3 years old ,outperform an s4 in app opening speed on all major apps. There are people still using the 4s without any problems and apple is still supporting it. The apps which i use daily are definitely better on ios than on android...
That is the reason why, tomorrow, i am getting a brand new iphone 6.... I am coming home ... :) :) :) :)
Sorry for the long post... Had to vent.... ;)

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
This is beyond me! Who on heavens earth would want to go swimming with their phone! I am sorry but this is just crazy! I don't give two hoots about a waterproof phone! Keep it in your pocket if it's raining!

There is definitely a place for waterproofing and dust/dirt proofing. Just last weekend I'm at my children's sports event and it was pouring rain. If I had a waterproof phone, I could have taken video of the winning play by my child in overtime. Just because you don't need it doesn't mean it's not a potentially beneficial feature for others.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm still on the fence about buying this phone. It's discouraging all these issue plagued posts.

I've had no trouble with my 5c and I think that's the first phone I've ever truly loved.

I hated my 5s, I could never get over the weird rattle when gently shook. Nor did I ever really like overall look and feel.

I really want to take the plunge, I just don't know if I will.

bluirv

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
I have been an Android user since I started with cell phones and have been generally pleased with their customization options.

I just switched to the iPhone for the first time for one reason primarily--screen size. I preferred Android simply because their screens were bigger. I just could not see myself being happy with a 3-1/2 or 4" screen.

Did many of you know that in 2010 Steve Jobs said "no one would want to buy a phone with a big screen"? :confused:

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
If anyone has buyers remorse from the iPhone 6 then they have serious mental issues IMHO.

This device is freaking SWEET!!!

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I'm still on the fence about buying this phone. It's discouraging all these issue plagued posts.

I've had no trouble with my 5c and I think that's the first phone I've ever truly loved.

I hated my 5s, I could never get over the weird rattle when gently shook. Nor did I ever really like overall look and feel.

I really want to take the plunge, I just don't know if I will.

Fact - some iPhones rattle and some don't. Here's my run down;

iPhone OG - no
iPhone 3G - rattle
iPhone 4 - rattle
iPhone 5 - no
iPhone 6 - rattle

I also know that my sister-in-law's iPhone 5 rattled and my brother's iPhone 4s rattles also.

There is nothing wrong with a slight rattle on and iPhone. The rattles all sound exactly the same. At least all the ones I've heard do.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Fact - some iPhones rattle and some don't. Here's my run down;

iPhone OG - no
iPhone 3G - rattle
iPhone 4 - rattle
iPhone 5 - no
iPhone 6 - rattle

I also know that my sister-in-law's iPhone 5 rattled and my brother's iPhone 4s rattles also.

There is nothing wrong with a slight rattle on and iPhone. The rattles all sound exactly the same. At least all the ones I've heard do.

My first iPhone was the 5c, I was very spoiled by the way it felt and the lack of rattles. Now it's making me gun shy to move up to the 6. The 5s I'd bought, it ended up sold to my guy....

mactracker1138

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
No buyers remorse except that I wish I got the 6 plus but it just wasn't within my budget. I did have a lot of remorse over the Samsung Galaxy S3 which killed two micro SD cards and the Note 2 which had a wonderful display but also killed more SD cards. While on paper those phones could "do more" they didn't do it well or reliably so I'd waste lots of time fiddling with the phone to get everything just right but never could instead of actually using it to get things done like I do on my iPhone. I found the Samsung phones to be a jack of all trades, master of nothing type of deal where the iPhone got out of my way and did what it did very efficiently. I'm glad I went back to the iPhone and never will never look back.

badMojo69

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I started having buyers remorse today about a week too late. :)
I like big phones 5+ inches and the 6 is just a little too small for me, but now I'm stuck with it.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
It's interesting, as I had zero need or desire to upgrade to the iPhone 6. I thought I was very happy with the 5s. Mine was pristine. Never out of a case, always had a screen cover. Why upgrade a phone that works so perfectly fine? However killed an afternoon to get out of the studio and stopped at an AT&T store to see the new 6 and 6s. They had only Gold in 64GB and 128GB. It was free for me, as they were doing the $300 trade in for the 5s. I was sold, I really like the new design, and wish I can use it w/o a case, but too slippery.

Here is the odd part... and many have posted this before. The iPhone 5s is now SO TINY. My wife's 4s seems like an item too small to even hold. How odd? Funny how fast we adjust.

Remember when iOS 7 came out and everyone whined how ugly.. I loved it while beta testing and still like the look, but it was a HUGE issue. Then it was "we must have a Gold iPhone 5s" Gold GOLD GOLD! and now no one wants the gold, that's all that is left in stock.

Bendgate? Hairgate? Over and done already.

We adjust... and no regrets.. I really love the new iPhone 6. Hoping the few bugs are fixed tomorrow with 8.1, but who knows. Overall compared to my 1st mobile phone in 1985 that was a huge brick taking up space in my car, how can I complain.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
It's interesting, as I had zero need or desire to upgrade to the iPhone 6. I thought I was very happy with the 5s. Mine was pristine. Never out of a case, always had a screen cover. Why upgrade a phone that works so perfectly fine? However killed an afternoon to get out of the studio and stopped at an AT&T store to see the new 6 and 6s. They had only Gold in 64GB and 128GB. It was free for me, as they were doing the $300 trade in for the 5s. I was sold, I really like the new design, and wish I can use it w/o a case, but too slippery.

Here is the odd part... and many have posted this before. The iPhone 5s is no SO TINY. My wife's 4s seems like an item too small to even hold. How odd? Funny how fast we adjust.

Remember when iOS 7 came out and everyone whined how ugly.. I loved it while beta testing and still like the look, but it was a HUGE issue. Then it was "we must have a Gold iPhone 5s" Gold GOLD GOLD! and now no one wants the gold, that's all that is left in stock.

Bendgate? Hairgate? Over and done already.

We adjust... and no regrets.. I really love the new iPhone 6. Hoping the few bugs are fixed tomorrow with 8.1, but who knows. Overall compared to my 1st mobile phone in 1985 that was a huge brick taking up space in my car, how can I complain.

Nice read... Some good points there. I also still agree the 5s is a nice size

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods