Anyone else kinda have buyers remorse for the iPhone 6?

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I am no troll, just responding to a poster. I also have real world experiences. I can honestly say I hate (beyond all hate) my 4th generation iPod touch. It's quite possibly the worst electronic device I have ever owned. It crashes regularly, iTunes completely ruined my music catalog on my Windows machine. On top of that it's about 3 years old, and now won't allow me install many apps on the app store as Apple makes gently used devices obsolete.

I have a Galaxy 3 and my wife an iPhone 4. (within 2 months there will be apps she cannot install anymore because she cannot update to iOS 8...more planned Apple obsolescence). I installed the same app on both of them (it's a fairly advanced pinball game). The iPhone crashes 20% of the time, 50% of the time the pinball stutters across the screen (it's unplayable), yet the Galaxy 3 plays it perfectly. We can both be connected to the same wi-fi and load a larger webpage. The Galaxy 3 will load it much faster. The iPhone will crash about 50% of the time due to memory issues (checking the log, that's exactly what comes up).

The long and the short of it is, the Apple OS is easy to use, (and very much admittedly better than the other devices out there) however the guts of the device blow Apple away for a much better price point. The devices last longer in the field as well. My phone is still going strong (Contract is up in January, so nearly 3 years now) and there's absolutely no reason to replace it yet. Her's is the same age, but is borderline scrap-metal.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I am no troll, just responding to a poster. I also have real world experiences. I can honestly say I hate (beyond all hate) my 4th generation iPod touch. It's quite possibly the worst electronic device I have ever owned. It crashes regularly, iTunes completely ruined my music catalog on my Windows machine. On top of that it's about 3 years old, and now won't allow me install many apps on the app store as Apple makes gently used devices obsolete.

I have a Galaxy 3 and my wife an iPhone 4. (within 2 months there will be apps she cannot install anymore because she cannot update to iOS 8...more planned Apple obsolescence despite the fact that it is a four year old phone and was supported MUCH longer than adroid devices are). I installed the same app on both of them (it's a fairly advanced pinball game). Her iPhone crashes 20% of the time, 50% of the time the pinball stutters across the screen (it's unplayable), yet my Galaxy 3 plays it perfectly. We can both be connected to the same wi-fi and load a larger webpage. My Galaxy 3 will load it much faster. Her iPhone will crash about 50% of the time due to memory issues (checking the log, that's exactly what comes up).

The long and the short of it is, the Apple OS is easy to use, (and very much admittedly better than the other devices out there) however the guts of the device blow Apple away for a much better price point in my opinion only. The devices last longer in the field as well in my experience only. My phone is still going strong (Contract is up in January, so nearly 3 years now) and there's absolutely no reason to replace it yet. Her's is the same age, but is borderline scrap-metal.

I fixed the rest for you. I don't want anyone thinking that your unique experiences qualify as standard in the least.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Okay I been an apple iPhone fanboy since 2008 ( prior to that I was a T- Mobile Sidekick fan ). I got a iPhone 6 (64 gig gold) launch weekend. Recently, I been out and about and really got some hands on time with the Samsung Galaxy phones, HTC phones, and the Windows Phones. I am honestly shocked and disappointed how much apple is lagging behind these other phones in some areas. I love the iPhone 6 but I wish it was at least 5.2 inches instead of 4.7 inches.

There are some other bells and whistles that the other phones have that the iPhone doesn't , that I find impressive as well. But overall, I just like Apples IOS better which is one of the main things it has over the competition. However, the other phones such as the Galaxy is pretty freaking sweet and makes me kinda regret rushing and buying the iPhone 6. Anyone else feel like me? Don't get me wrong, I am not bashing the iPhone 6 it's a good phone. It's just that the iPhone isn't the most impressive phone on the market anymore. If my two week return period wasn't gone, I would be in a serious dilemma here lol.

Android is a beta BM and always will be. Android is good at touting new features but once it comes to usage it disappoints. Like opening a large box on Christmas thinking you are getting something awesome and then finding a smaller box inside with a 5 dollar gift card to McDonalds.

And like others have said, the 6 although great doesnt compare the 5.5 inch Plus which I got. I had a feeling that if I went the regular 6 route I would want the large Plus so I held off.

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I fixed the rest for you. I don't want anyone thinking that your unique experiences qualify as standard in the least.

Not exactly. The Galaxy was purchased before the iPhone from our carrier. It's still fully supported and I have yet to find any app that cannot be installed. Apple will force new apps to be developed for iOS 8 only, so very quickly any new apps will not be installable. (on my iPod Touch for example, I cannot install about 75% of everything on the store. Even simple apps like "Canada's smartest person" which is simply text and simple games cannot be installed).

The hardware spec part, it's not an opinion, it's fact. Apple is about 2 years behind the top hardware companies, and that gap is steadily increasing.

I can certainly understand those who prefer the Apple OS (although for the most part, opening an app is the same, going to email or texts is the same...). What I don't understand are those that can defend Apple's price point or hardware.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Just wait until you see the next Galaxy come out (Should be around February). 16-core, 64 bit cpu which will outperform Apple's CPU dramatically. Fully waterproof down to 15 meters. 4k pixel resolution OLED screen, which is a vastly superior resolution to retnia display (standard HD). Camera is 20 megapixels as opposed to 8. Most importantly iPhone 6 is regulated to 1 gb of RAM. Galaxy 6 will release with 4, however because you can change things in Android, you can off-load the RAM to your SD card so in a nut-shell you can have as much RAM as you want. This means that even though Apple has a 64-bit processor, it's completely wasted as the biggest strength of this technology is to use over 4gb of RAM. In the very near future, the Apps offered on Galaxy will be 100x more vibrant because of the dramatic differences in hardware specifications. iPhone 6 is like a Playstation 2 and Galaxy 6 is like Playstation 4.

There is no specification within the iPhone 6 that is even close to the new Galaxy coming out.

The good news is that iPhone finally has some of the features Android has had for several years now. Maybe someday they'll actually make hardware that is close to what other manufacturers are creating.

I swear TiPb has been running rampant with trolls lately. What gives?

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I am curious what you mean by this?

Sure. Sorry, that post was my first of the day as I piled out of bed. I have always wanted a larger screen and was lured away to Android more than once because of it. So when the 6 Plus was announced I was overjoyed. I am first to admit, looking at the 5/5S compared to my friends larger sized Androids (even WM) made me jealous. The 6 to ME just does not cut it. On launch day I stopped in to an Apple store and was not able to get to a Plus demo unit right away because everyone was paying attention to that over the 6. The 6 had plenty of unused demos on display so I messed with one and was pretty disappointed in how similar it was in screen size compared to my 5S and immediately knew that if I went the 6 route I would have been disappointed and suffered from buyers remorse. So I held on to my cheap T-Mobile flip while holding out for the Plus. And once I made my way through the crush of people and got to a Plus I immediately knew it was going to be a hit not only with me but with the masses (as we all have seen since they are still very hard to come by almost a month later). The beautiful 5.5-inch 1920 x 1080 screen, the improved camera with OIS (I tested both in low light conditions and the 6+ takes better low light photos), and bigger battery makes it a win for me over the 6. The 6 is great, the Plus is better :)

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
And like others have said, the 6 although great doesnt compare the 5.5 inch Plus which I got. I had a feeling that if I went the regular 6 route I would want the large Plus so I held off.

I look at both the 6 and 6+. And went with the 6 it fits my needs better. To me it compares very well.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site

I have a Galaxy 3 and my wife an iPhone 4. (within 2 months there will be apps she cannot install anymore because she cannot update to iOS 8...more planned Apple obsolescence). I installed the same app on both of them (it's a fairly advanced pinball game). The iPhone crashes 20% of the time, 50% of the time the pinball stutters across the screen (it's unplayable), yet the Galaxy 3 plays it perfectly. We can both be connected to the same wi-fi and load a larger webpage. The Galaxy 3 will load it much faster. The iPhone will crash about 50% of the time due to memory issues (checking the log, that's exactly what comes up).

The long and the short of it is, the Apple OS is easy to use, (and very much admittedly better than the other devices out there) however the guts of the device blow Apple away for a much better price point. The devices last longer in the field as well. My phone is still going strong (Contract is up in January, so nearly 3 years now) and there's absolutely no reason to replace it yet. Her's is the same age, but is borderline scrap-metal.

Are you an aerospace engineer too!?

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Just wait until you see the next Galaxy come out (Should be around February). .... blah and blah.

Before I switched to iOS devices I would buy a new phone unlocked every few months and try different things. When I got my first iPhone 3 I was hooked and not going back. I use my phone for my business and personal details. I make phone calls, I take some photos and I communicate. I keep an eye on my schedule and set reminders. I don't need 4GB memory to do that or offloadable (sic) ram.

Couple phrases you may consider #1 If it's not broke, don't fix it. #2 Trolls live under bridges #3 Craig (me) does not give a crap.

Over 10M sold 1st weekend USA and 20M pre-order in China. There may be a Samsung coming out in Feb that does all that and wipes your ****, however since by that time 50M plus will be playing with their iPhones, they won't have time to notice. It's not about what could be, it's about what is.. what is now..

One last note, 20mp vs 8mp has so little difference in the quality of the image, it has to do with size of image. However you're right, that size may be needed if you wish to blow up an image direct from the phone to build a banner to cover an apt complex. However if you're taking photos to print any size up to an easy 16x20 then the iPhone is fine. I have done many canvas prints larger with an iPhone shot than that w/o loss.

Last edited:

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Not exactly. The Galaxy was purchased before the iPhone from our carrier. It's still fully supported and I have yet to find any app that cannot be installed. Apple will force new apps to be developed for iOS 8 only, so very quickly any new apps will not be installable. (on my iPod Touch for example, I cannot install about 75% of everything on the store. Even simple apps like "Canada's smartest person" which is simply text and simple games cannot be installed).

The hardware spec part, it's not an opinion, it's fact. Apple is about 2 years behind the top hardware companies, and that gap is steadily increasing.

I can certainly understand those who prefer the Apple OS (although for the most part, opening an app is the same, going to email or texts is the same...). What I don't understand are those that can defend Apple's price point or hardware.

First, apps are not being ios 8 only optimized.
Second, you cannot install 75% of everything in the store....lol...right
Third, your fully supported Galaxy S3 is not slated to get Android L. How is that for support.....
Fourth, you have been looking at those little marketing gimmicks again haven't you. 2 years behind? Again, the 6 and 6 Plus have B L O W N A W A Y the competition in the benchmarks. The 6 Plus has the highest rated LCD screen. Have you seen the camera reviews?? If you want to be a spec ***** that is cool, but understand you are looking beyond foolish in doing so.
Finally, have you seen the prices of competing Android flagships? They are the same, yet under-perform compared to iPhones. They don't hold a fraction of their resale value either.

Man, this is basic stuff. I know you are trolling and I am guilty of feeding you, but I feel terrible that you cannot see beyond the wool.

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Before I switched to iOS devices I would buy a new phone unlocked every few months and try different things. When I got my first iPhone 3 I was hooked and not going back. I use my phone for my business and personal details. I make phone calls, I take some photos and I communicate. I keep an eye on my schedule and set reminders. I don't need 4GB memory to do that or offloadable (sic) ram.

Couple phrases you may consider #1 If it's not broke, don't fix it. #2 Trolls live under bridges #3 Craig (me) does not give a crap.

Over 10M sold 1st weekend USA and 20M pre-order in China. There may be a Samsung coming out in Feb that does all that and wipes your ****, however since by that time 50M plus will be playing with their iPhones, they won't have time to notice. It's not about what could be, it's about what is.. what is now..

One last note, 20mp vs 8mp has so little difference in the quality of the image, it has to do with size of image. However you're right, that size may be needed if you wish to blow up an image direct from the phone to build a banner to cover an apt complex. However if you're taking photos to print any size up to an easy 16x20 then the iPhone is fine. I have done many canvas prints larger with an iPhone shot than that w/o loss.

Thanks for the troll, if nothing else it shows iOS people stick together and find a community where Android lover go and attack others. Very peaceful way of living. Nice to know... Hope you don't represent the bulk of Android users, only a small envious sad group.

Since when was there an attack? I enjoy reading peoples responses defending the Apple. I've also made it clear I can understand those that prefer the UI on the Apple.

The original Apple phones were by far the best in the market and I would have been proud to own one at the time. The reason why Apple has so many iPhone sales is for a few reasons. One because people put the UI above all else. Two is because the Apple echo system (lack of compatibility with anything but Apple) forces you to either stay with them or start from scratch with a new device. Three is because of the lack of knowledge on what hardware advances mean for you.

Most of those reasons are fully understandable. That being said, the additional RAM on ALL of the competitors phones means they will perform better in all situations, even just using your calendar! The better resolution camera means you can crop the photo and zoom it much more effectively. For example if I was to take a picture of a landscape and wanted to edit that picture so that only 1/4 of the photo shows, then expand that to fill my computer screen means that the picture will be more clear. Waterproof is self-explanatory. You can listen to music on the new Galaxies while you are swimming. There is no need to purchase a waterproof case.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Since when was there an attack? I enjoy reading peoples responses defending the Apple. I've also made it clear I can understand those that prefer the UI on the Apple.

The original Apple phones were by far the best in the market and I would have been proud to own one at the time. The reason why Apple has so many iPhone sales is for a few reasons. One because people put the UI above all else. Two is because the Apple echo system (lack of compatibility with anything but Apple) forces you to either stay with them or start from scratch with a new device. Three is because of the lack of knowledge on what hardware advances mean for you.

Most of those reasons are fully understandable. That being said, the additional RAM on ALL of the competitors phones means they will perform better in all situations, even just using your calendar! The better resolution camera means you can crop the photo and zoom it much more effectively. For example if I was to take a picture of a landscape and wanted to edit that picture so that only 1/4 of the photo shows, then expand that to fill my computer screen means that the picture will be more clear. Waterproof is self-explanatory. You can listen to music on the new Galaxies while you are swimming. There is no need to purchase a waterproof case.

The issue is your responses have been PROVEN wrong as finn has clearly pointed out.

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Know anything about computing or any clue what RAM actually does on a device? RAM can makes or breaks devices. A computer with a great CPU and video card will be bought to it's knees if there is not enough RAM in it. Try running a PC with 1 GB of ram. Try running a MacBook with 1 GB of RAM. Nothing will work. The lack of RAM will severely limit what the iPhone 6 can actually do and the apps that it can run. Those that have purchased the iPhone 6 can count the days until they will need to purchase another $1000.00 phone because of this minor detail.

The swimming thing was just an example, and your reply clearly shows the arrogance and ignorance of some Apple fanbois. It's something you can do if you want to do it. You can also use it as an underwater camera and if you do make a mistake and drop it in liquid, it won't matter at all.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Derek, are you familiar with marriage of OS and Hardware? Are you familiar with efficiencies? Are you familiar with the fact that an iPhone with 1GB of ram has been, wait for it, proven to outperform rivals with 2 and 3 GB of ram?

How does that make you feel?

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm fine with that because everybody and everything (as far as tests and testers) have some sort of bias. You can just as easily find others that say the complete opposite and have tests to back them up as well. That being said, I'm also going to call BS on that one as a marriage between OS and hardware has nothing to do with the amount of usable RAM on a device. The problem with that statement is that the app designers have not created apps that exceed this requirement. When the designers have 4gb of RAM available on other devices, they can and will create more robust and complex apps that the iPhone 6 will not be able to run in the same way. The marriage can have a dramatic effect on the performance as far as the CPU is concerned, but not RAM. If an App needs 2 GB of ram to run, no matter how good the OS integration is, you will never be able to use it. 2GB of RAM is not a lot. It also means that if you are running multiple apps at the same time, you will approach your limit much faster and that will impact the performance of your device. It means iTunes designers have to be aware that they are limited to their app design. It also means the device will be obsolete much faster, which suits Apple just fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2