No remorse whatsoever. I love my iPhone 6.
    10-12-2014 06:03 PM
    No buyer's remorse on my end. I love everything about the iPhone 6. I've been an iPhone user since the 4s (yeah I was a bit late to the iPhone party). However, during my phone time before the iPhone, I went through BlackBerrys, and then moved onto Android. Which initially I loved my Androids, but then it became stale and old to me. I had an iPad 2, a Mac Mini, and several Android devices. I saw how Google at one point would say Android X would be allowed to the next update then a week later they'd renege on what they previously stated and to where sorry no your device isn't eligible for the next update; or they'd set a release date for the devices to be updated, then they'd push it off for another month or two. So I taught myself how to root all of my Android devices to work and do things outside of what Google originally planned for whatever device I was using at the time. But the funny thing is that when Apple released any updates or or new iOS's for my iPad 2, it was always eligible for an update. Yeah there were and still is a few bells and whistles that were not compatible with my iPad 2. But to stop and think a minute that my iPad 2, which I still have and use everyday has been upgraded time and time again (minus a few features), that was like the nail in the coffin for my Android phone. At that time I decided to jump ship and get an iPhone. And boy am I glad I did. Started with the 4s then onto the 5c (which contrary to what most people said about it, I actually loved) and now I have an iPhone 6. And like most any major purchase I may be considering, I researched the hell out of it before deciding the iPhone 6 over the 6 plus was just right for me.
    10-12-2014 10:20 PM
    I don't have any regrets about purchasing my iPhone 6. I'm very happy with my phone.
    10-12-2014 11:54 PM
    No regrets at all. I was using a Note 3 for 3 months on and off prior to the 6 Plus just to get used to the big screen since I knew 5.5" was becoming a reality.

There is a certain fluidity I have with iOS that I could never get using Android. I can't pinpoint anything specific except for what my muscle memory tells me to do in a certain situation while I'm using an iPhone. I can also say that had it only been the iPhone 6 that was released, I could live with just that also. In the times I've used an Android device for a period of time, I just couldn't find a comfort zone.

I also use an Apple TV almost everyday and the way I use it just makes it easier to watch content. Like last night for example; I had 'The Walking Dead' ready on my DVR but I didn't feel like forwarding through commercials each time. So I went online where the episode was posted, played it from safari and AirPlayed to my Apple TV and enjoyed the show commercial free. It was quick and easy. I didn't have to go and download a certain app to beam to my Chromecast from a web browser.

Just the simple things.
    TheRewardisCheese, shief24 and H_D like this.
    10-13-2014 03:43 PM
    No regrets at all. I was using a Note 3 for 3 months on and off prior to the 6 Plus just to get used to the big screen since I knew 5.5" was becoming a reality.

There is a certain fluidity I have with iOS that I could never get using Android. I can't pinpoint anything specific except for what my muscle memory tells me to do in a certain situation while I'm using an iPhone. I can also say that had it only been the iPhone 6 that was released, I could live with just that also. In the times I've used an Android device for a period of time, I just couldn't find a comfort zone.

I also use an Apple TV almost everyday and the way I use it just makes it easier to watch content. Like last night for example; I had 'The Walking Dead' ready on my DVR but I didn't feel like forwarding through commercials each time. So I went online where the episode was posted, played it from safari and AirPlayed to my Apple TV and enjoyed the show commercial free. It was quick and easy. I didn't have to go and download a certain app to beam to my Chromecast from a web browser.

Just the simple things.

I too have been using a Note 3 on and off for a bit now. I usually have an iphone and some high end android device with me. I do it because I like both OS' for different reason, and to keep thing fresh.

But, no matter how many other phones I use, I ALWAYS have an iphone. And Heisenberg said it best...."Just the simple things." For me, it just works
    10-13-2014 04:43 PM
    Zero remorse. Love my iPhone 6. No case. So nice to hold and use.
    10-13-2014 10:40 PM
    Coming from the LG G3 the 6 is far superior with no glitches at all. Android has come a long way but they are still not refined enough for me.
    10-14-2014 07:22 AM
    Coming from the LG G3 the 6 is far superior with no glitches at all. Android has come a long way but they are still not refined enough for me.
    Interesting you came from the G3. If I would have chosen an Android this time I would have picked that one. What didn't you like about it?
    10-14-2014 12:30 PM
    0 regrets here! I couldn't be happier with my 6.
    10-14-2014 02:29 PM
    Not even 1 regret. iPhone 6 is perfect for ME. Hardest decision was between 6 or 6+ but decided that OIS wasn't that important a difference between the two cameras. Battery life was a huge draw to me but not enough to sacrifice the size which I feel Apple got perfect with the 6.
    10-14-2014 05:11 PM
    Only regret is getting the gold when I want the space grey. Other than that can't complain
    10-14-2014 10:49 PM
    No way!!! Got my beautiful 128GB space gray iPhone 6 today & it's fabulous. My amazing hubby got it for an early birthday surprise. Couldn't be happier!
    10-14-2014 11:27 PM
    Nope pretty happy with my purchase. Loving my 6 plus. No remorse but just joy
    10-15-2014 12:27 AM
    Just wait until you see the next Galaxy come out (Should be around February). 16-core, 64 bit cpu which will outperform Apple's CPU dramatically. Fully waterproof down to 15 meters. 4k pixel resolution OLED screen, which is a vastly superior resolution to retnia display (standard HD). Camera is 20 megapixels as opposed to 8. Most importantly iPhone 6 is regulated to 1 gb of RAM. Galaxy 6 will release with 4, however because you can change things in Android, you can off-load the RAM to your SD card so in a nut-shell you can have as much RAM as you want. This means that even though Apple has a 64-bit processor, it's completely wasted as the biggest strength of this technology is to use over 4gb of RAM. In the very near future, the Apps offered on Galaxy will be 100x more vibrant because of the dramatic differences in hardware specifications. iPhone 6 is like a Playstation 2 and Galaxy 6 is like Playstation 4.

There is no specification within the iPhone 6 that is even close to the new Galaxy coming out.

The good news is that iPhone finally has some of the features Android has had for several years now. Maybe someday they'll actually make hardware that is close to what other manufacturers are creating.
    10-16-2014 10:18 AM
    Just wait until you see the next Galaxy come out (Should be around February). 16-core, 64 bit cpu which will outperform Apple's CPU dramatically. Fully waterproof down to 15 meters. 4k pixel resolution OLED screen, which is a vastly superior resolution to retnia display (standard HD). Camera is 20 megapixels as opposed to 8. There is no specification within the iPhone 6 that is even close to the new Galaxy coming out.

The good news is that iPhone finally has some of the features Android has had for several years now. Maybe someday they'll actually make hardware that is close to what other manufacturers are creating.
    Welcome to iMore Derek! I see you like specs. Specs are great aren't they? Granted the iphone 6 and 6+ have been blowing the doors off of the competition (see Galaxy S5, HTC M8, Galaxy Note 4, LG G3) when it comes to speed, graphics, and camera. All the while having a meaaaaaaaaasly little dual core processor, 1 GB Ram, and 8MP camera. Don't believe me? Let google be your friend.

Now, you run along little troll and continue to let the marketing geniuses in the Android world continue to shape your thoughts for you. While we are very appreciative that you took the time to create an account on an Apple-centric forum in order to show your inept comprehension of specs vs real-world use.....there really isn't much more to say on the matter.
    10-16-2014 10:31 AM
    I am no troll, just responding to a poster. I also have real world experiences. I can honestly say I hate (beyond all hate) my 4th generation iPod touch. It's quite possibly the worst electronic device I have ever owned. It crashes regularly, iTunes completely ruined my music catalog on my Windows machine. On top of that it's about 3 years old, and now won't allow me install many apps on the app store as Apple makes gently used devices obsolete.

I have a Galaxy 3 and my wife an iPhone 4. (within 2 months there will be apps she cannot install anymore because she cannot update to iOS 8...more planned Apple obsolescence). I installed the same app on both of them (it's a fairly advanced pinball game). The iPhone crashes 20% of the time, 50% of the time the pinball stutters across the screen (it's unplayable), yet the Galaxy 3 plays it perfectly. We can both be connected to the same wi-fi and load a larger webpage. The Galaxy 3 will load it much faster. The iPhone will crash about 50% of the time due to memory issues (checking the log, that's exactly what comes up).

The long and the short of it is, the Apple OS is easy to use, (and very much admittedly better than the other devices out there) however the guts of the device blow Apple away for a much better price point. The devices last longer in the field as well. My phone is still going strong (Contract is up in January, so nearly 3 years now) and there's absolutely no reason to replace it yet. Her's is the same age, but is borderline scrap-metal.
    10-16-2014 10:43 AM
    I am no troll, just responding to a poster. I also have real world experiences. I can honestly say I hate (beyond all hate) my 4th generation iPod touch. It's quite possibly the worst electronic device I have ever owned. It crashes regularly, iTunes completely ruined my music catalog on my Windows machine. On top of that it's about 3 years old, and now won't allow me install many apps on the app store as Apple makes gently used devices obsolete.

I have a Galaxy 3 and my wife an iPhone 4. (within 2 months there will be apps she cannot install anymore because she cannot update to iOS 8...more planned Apple obsolescence despite the fact that it is a four year old phone and was supported MUCH longer than adroid devices are). I installed the same app on both of them (it's a fairly advanced pinball game). Her iPhone crashes 20% of the time, 50% of the time the pinball stutters across the screen (it's unplayable), yet my Galaxy 3 plays it perfectly. We can both be connected to the same wi-fi and load a larger webpage. My Galaxy 3 will load it much faster. Her iPhone will crash about 50% of the time due to memory issues (checking the log, that's exactly what comes up).

The long and the short of it is, the Apple OS is easy to use, (and very much admittedly better than the other devices out there) however the guts of the device blow Apple away for a much better price point in my opinion only. The devices last longer in the field as well in my experience only. My phone is still going strong (Contract is up in January, so nearly 3 years now) and there's absolutely no reason to replace it yet. Her's is the same age, but is borderline scrap-metal.
    I fixed the rest for you. I don't want anyone thinking that your unique experiences qualify as standard in the least.
    Xm_jdm likes this.
    10-16-2014 10:55 AM
    Okay I been an apple iPhone fanboy since 2008 ( prior to that I was a T- Mobile Sidekick fan ). I got a iPhone 6 (64 gig gold) launch weekend. Recently, I been out and about and really got some hands on time with the Samsung Galaxy phones, HTC phones, and the Windows Phones. I am honestly shocked and disappointed how much apple is lagging behind these other phones in some areas. I love the iPhone 6 but I wish it was at least 5.2 inches instead of 4.7 inches.

There are some other bells and whistles that the other phones have that the iPhone doesn't , that I find impressive as well. But overall, I just like Apples IOS better which is one of the main things it has over the competition. However, the other phones such as the Galaxy is pretty freaking sweet and makes me kinda regret rushing and buying the iPhone 6. Anyone else feel like me? Don't get me wrong, I am not bashing the iPhone 6 it's a good phone. It's just that the iPhone isn't the most impressive phone on the market anymore. If my two week return period wasn't gone, I would be in a serious dilemma here lol.
    Android is a beta BM and always will be. Android is good at touting new features but once it comes to usage it disappoints. Like opening a large box on Christmas thinking you are getting something awesome and then finding a smaller box inside with a 5 dollar gift card to McDonalds.

And like others have said, the 6 although great doesnt compare the 5.5 inch Plus which I got. I had a feeling that if I went the regular 6 route I would want the large Plus so I held off.
    10-16-2014 11:01 AM
    And like others have said, the 6 although great doesnt compare the 5.5 inch Plus which I got.
    I am curious what you mean by this?
    10-16-2014 11:04 AM
    The 6 in my opinion compares just fine to the 6 plus. It boils down to preference my friends
    H_D likes this.
    10-16-2014 11:09 AM
    I fixed the rest for you. I don't want anyone thinking that your unique experiences qualify as standard in the least.
    Not exactly. The Galaxy was purchased before the iPhone from our carrier. It's still fully supported and I have yet to find any app that cannot be installed. Apple will force new apps to be developed for iOS 8 only, so very quickly any new apps will not be installable. (on my iPod Touch for example, I cannot install about 75% of everything on the store. Even simple apps like "Canada's smartest person" which is simply text and simple games cannot be installed).

The hardware spec part, it's not an opinion, it's fact. Apple is about 2 years behind the top hardware companies, and that gap is steadily increasing.

I can certainly understand those who prefer the Apple OS (although for the most part, opening an app is the same, going to email or texts is the same...). What I don't understand are those that can defend Apple's price point or hardware.
    10-16-2014 11:37 AM
    Just wait until you see the next Galaxy come out (Should be around February). 16-core, 64 bit cpu which will outperform Apple's CPU dramatically. Fully waterproof down to 15 meters. 4k pixel resolution OLED screen, which is a vastly superior resolution to retnia display (standard HD). Camera is 20 megapixels as opposed to 8. Most importantly iPhone 6 is regulated to 1 gb of RAM. Galaxy 6 will release with 4, however because you can change things in Android, you can off-load the RAM to your SD card so in a nut-shell you can have as much RAM as you want. This means that even though Apple has a 64-bit processor, it's completely wasted as the biggest strength of this technology is to use over 4gb of RAM. In the very near future, the Apps offered on Galaxy will be 100x more vibrant because of the dramatic differences in hardware specifications. iPhone 6 is like a Playstation 2 and Galaxy 6 is like Playstation 4.

There is no specification within the iPhone 6 that is even close to the new Galaxy coming out.

I swear TiPb has been running rampant with trolls lately. What gives?
    10-16-2014 11:42 AM
    I am curious what you mean by this?
    Sure. Sorry, that post was my first of the day as I piled out of bed. I have always wanted a larger screen and was lured away to Android more than once because of it. So when the 6 Plus was announced I was overjoyed. I am first to admit, looking at the 5/5S compared to my friends larger sized Androids (even WM) made me jealous. The 6 to ME just does not cut it. On launch day I stopped in to an Apple store and was not able to get to a Plus demo unit right away because everyone was paying attention to that over the 6. The 6 had plenty of unused demos on display so I messed with one and was pretty disappointed in how similar it was in screen size compared to my 5S and immediately knew that if I went the 6 route I would have been disappointed and suffered from buyers remorse. So I held on to my cheap T-Mobile flip while holding out for the Plus. And once I made my way through the crush of people and got to a Plus I immediately knew it was going to be a hit not only with me but with the masses (as we all have seen since they are still very hard to come by almost a month later). The beautiful 5.5-inch 1920 x 1080 screen, the improved camera with OIS (I tested both in low light conditions and the 6+ takes better low light photos), and bigger battery makes it a win for me over the 6. The 6 is great, the Plus is better
    10-16-2014 11:50 AM
    And like others have said, the 6 although great doesnt compare the 5.5 inch Plus which I got. I had a feeling that if I went the regular 6 route I would want the large Plus so I held off.
    I look at both the 6 and 6+. And went with the 6 it fits my needs better. To me it compares very well.
    10-16-2014 11:51 AM

I have a Galaxy 3 and my wife an iPhone 4. (within 2 months there will be apps she cannot install anymore because she cannot update to iOS 8...more planned Apple obsolescence). I installed the same app on both of them (it's a fairly advanced pinball game). The iPhone crashes 20% of the time, 50% of the time the pinball stutters across the screen (it's unplayable), yet the Galaxy 3 plays it perfectly. We can both be connected to the same wi-fi and load a larger webpage. The Galaxy 3 will load it much faster. The iPhone will crash about 50% of the time due to memory issues (checking the log, that's exactly what comes up).

The long and the short of it is, the Apple OS is easy to use, (and very much admittedly better than the other devices out there) however the guts of the device blow Apple away for a much better price point. The devices last longer in the field as well. My phone is still going strong (Contract is up in January, so nearly 3 years now) and there's absolutely no reason to replace it yet. Her's is the same age, but is borderline scrap-metal.
    Are you an aerospace engineer too!?
    10-16-2014 11:52 AM
84 1234