I Left Android For This??!!

milellie111

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
First iPhone here. Longtime android user for years but got fed up with the bugs and instability of the OS. Wife had the 4s for 2 years which served her well. I decided to go for the Apple experience myself. Bought us both 64gb iPhone 6 devices on launch day.

I was impressed at first. However, I'm experiencing a plethora of bugs that I feel are unacceptable for a premium device and reputation that Apple has built.

On both of our devices we experience taking a picture but having it not show up in the camera roll at all after taking frequently.

iMessage picture messages not sending or being received even though it says delivered and iMessage not working on wifi at times.

Wifi hang ups and freezes. Also it prompted my wife's phone for my Apple ID randomly. On my phone it prompted for a random Apple ID.

This has been happening before and after the latest update.

I'm thinking of taking it to the Apple Store but I'm confused. Will they be able to do anything if all of these are software issues? I've already done the reset both devices and set up as new iPhones and restore with iTunes instead of iCloud but it didn't help.

Anyone else experiencing the same?

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Actually, NO: I had a slight glitch going from portrait to landscape at first, which was easily fixed by rebooting, but otherwise my iPhone 6 has been a dream. I would head straight to the genius bar if I were you because this sounds like you got a defective device.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Not having any issues whatsoever with my iPhone 6 Plus and iOS 8.0.2.

You can make an appointment with the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store and have everything checked out if you’re having issues.

Bro-row

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I have not had any of those issues. There were some problems going from 8.0 to 8.0.1 but I believe those were fixed in 8.0.2... I am running 8.0.2 and it is flawless. I would recommend restoring your iPhone as new (if you haven't already done so) and seeing if that fixes all (some) of your problems. Imo that is definitely too many issues. Also, the eventual release of iOS 8.1 is much smoother and will definitely take care of some of those bugs if a restore doesn't solve them. I am sorry to hear you are experiencing these issues. Android is great but Apple truly is a simple yet wonderful experience and it has worked perfectly for me going as far back as the iPhone 3G. Good luck.

JAStark27

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
I have left android as well and have not regretted it at all. You probably have a defective device or just bad luck with software. 8.1 is suppose to work out the bugs as well as add Apple pay. I hope you get this fixed and don't bail on us yet.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I, like seemingly everyone else, too have none these issues. However, if I did, I'd also find it unacceptable. If a restore and hard reset don't work, I'd make a Genius Bar appointment and push for replacements so you can give the iPhone a fair shake.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Overall, my 6 has been super smooth, seamless & without a glitch since I picked it up the Saturday after launch date. I'm glad I didn't load the 8.0.1 update, for whatever reason, especially after learning of all the havoc it caused so many. I had a few apps crashing and whatnot, but that's pretty much a history item since 8.0.2 was dropped.

Sorry the OP regrets leaving the wonderful world of Android. My advice is to run, don't walk to wherever you bought the iPhone, and pick out another Android. There have no doubt been 10-15 new Android phones released since you left for iOS...so you'll have a great selection to choose from. :)

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Let me quote you: "Longtime android user for years but got fed up with the bugs and instability of the OS..." It seems the issues you've had with the Google ecosystem did not improve over a long duration. You had the iPhone 6 for less than a month and you're ready to go back to old issues? I wouldn't.
Your local Apple store's Genius Bar can either fix the problem or exchange your phone for a working one. Which, by-the-way, I bet Google doesn't have one (Genius Bar) near you...:D
Welcome to iMore and keep us posted.

milellie111

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Thanks all for the replies.

Let me clarify. I am in no way considering going back to Android at the moment. Without these issues I am experiencing, the phone would be perfect. The hardware quality is impeccable and the speed/smoothness of the OS is impressive.

I am just disappointed because I was not expecting such issues based on many experiences from Apple users I've talked to. I'm hoping this is just a fluke and perhaps I will take it to the Genius Bar and they will offer some assistance or replacements. Trust me, I am very familiar with the poor customer service of Samsung Galaxy devices when you need any type of assistance.

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
EDIT: Since the OP made a post when I was replying. This is not iffy Android customer service, this is Apple customer service. Go drop in and they can see you right then or you can make an appointment to see someone.

People here will help you regardless of a sensational thread title; just ask for help.

JAStark27

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
Seems like it takes a couple updates to the new iOS every year to get the bugs worked out. Could be software or it could be just your devices. Hope everything works out for you and your wife. I can't wait to start using Apple pay.

Marcus Vasquez

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Same always been an android user. I've had some issues myself but I restored my phone from iTunes instead over the air and haven't a had any issues in a while. Give it a go!

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
You can't "set up as new" all while saying you've restored with iTunes instead of icloud. Restoring a backup is not setting up as new.

Setting up as new is connecting to iTunes, click "restore iphone", and let iTunes install a fresh copy of 8.0.2. THEN after that you set up as new. Not restoring a backup of any kind.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
This is only the first official update so far! It's always bugs the first month. You experienced bugs over years, you'll be fine; Or go back to android for years more of it!

iphone5s

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
Without knowing more specifics on your setup both at home and on the phone, I'll toss in these replies as starting points. The way I read your post I'm betting all your issues are related to either the improper use of or configuration of iOS and or the apps. On the wifi, apple is known to be weak in that area. However, I'm betting on the wifi source as the issue in this instance.

http://manuals.info.apple.com/MANUALS/1000/MA1565/en_US/iphone_user_guide.pdf

On both of our devices we experience taking a picture but having it not show up in the camera roll at all after taking frequently.

-iCloud/app Configuration

iMessage picture messages not sending or being received even though it says delivered and iMessage not working on wifi at times.

-iMessage configuration required to send and receive mms.

Wifi hang ups and freezes.

Home router issues? Try another wifi source.

Also it prompted my wife's phone for my Apple ID randomly. On my phone it prompted for a random Apple ID.

-Apple's security measures or icloud (family sharing) requesting authorization. Maybe related to your pic upload issues.

Last edited:

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
First iPhone here. Longtime android user for years but got fed up with the bugs and instability of the OS. Wife had the 4s for 2 years which served her well. I decided to go for the Apple experience myself. Bought us both 64gb iPhone 6 devices on launch day.

I was impressed at first. However, I'm experiencing a plethora of bugs that I feel are unacceptable for a premium device and reputation that Apple has built.

Wifi hang ups and freezes. Also it prompted my wife's phone for my Apple ID randomly. On my phone it prompted for a random Apple ID.

This has been happening before and after the latest update.

I'm thinking of taking it to the Apple Store but I'm confused. Will they be able to do anything if all of these are software issues? I've already done the reset both devices and set up as new iPhones and restore with iTunes instead of iCloud but it didn't help.

Anyone else experiencing the same?

I would wait until 8.1 is released and then take it Apple if it doesn't correct the issue.

AB Lambert

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
I moved over from android and had no issues what so ever. I am so happy with my iPhone 6 we are talking about setting a date (LOL, Joking)

A.B.